Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 10:43 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,959,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Liberals run the media.
You mean liberals like Rupert Murdoch?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2016, 10:46 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,484,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post
And that is why Planned Parenthood is going nuts over Hillary's comments. To bad Hillary shills don't understand this.
"Planned Parenthood" is not gong nuts over this. The only evidence for that is a single tweet from a PP employee in Illinois, that the right had to dig deep to find, who also says:

Diana Arellano ‏@diaarellano 7h7 hours ago
"Since some people are unclear, my tweets are my own opinions and not a reflection of where I work"

The only people going nuts over this as those on the right slapping themselves on the back thinking this is some sort of big gotcha moment.

Old 04-04-2016, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Re-read your quote with my emphasis. She referred to fetuses as an "unborn person". If a fetus is a person, and we agree ALL PEOPLE have constitutional rights (else I'm assuming you want to go back to slavery?), then abortion laws are by definition unconstitutional. That is why fetuses are NOT referred to as people under abortion laws, else they would be unconstitutional.
Completely out of context. She only referred to the law and she is correct. According to the Supreme Court's interpretation of the law, a fetus does not have any Constitutional rights.

I watched the interview.

Old 04-04-2016, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Yes, that Rupert Murdoch guy is practically a commie.

Mick
Funny. I guess I should read all the comments before I post!

(see my post #11)

Old 04-04-2016, 11:37 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,346,315 times
If it weren't for the media giving Trump over $2 BILLION worth of free airtime and covering his every word at every stupid press conference and event he holds, he would have got about 4% of the vote and been gone well before the end of last year. He should be thanking God for the media.

Old 04-05-2016, 07:39 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,911,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Completely out of context. She only referred to the law and she is correct. According to the Supreme Court's interpretation of the law, a fetus does not have any Constitutional rights.

I watched the interview.
And I just quoted her quote in a follow up post. BS Hillary talking point. The law does not mention fetus as an unborn person. That is Hillary's paraphrasing of the law, not an actual statute quote.

Cite me an actual lawbook statute on abortion in either state or federal law which explicitly refers to a fetus as a "person", and then I'll believe it. I'll wait.

Again, Planned Parenthood and others do not reference a fetus as a "person" in any way shape or form, else it would go down the road of abortion being unconstitutional. Hillary should have known better, being a lawyer and all.

Furthermore, you didn't bother to read the second link where other Planned Parenthood people were complaining as well.

Old 04-05-2016, 07:40 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,134,272 times
Quote:
Re-read your quote with my emphasis. She referred to fetuses as an "unborn person". If a fetus is a person, and we agree ALL PEOPLE have constitutional rights (else I'm assuming you want to go back to slavery?), then abortion laws are by definition unconstitutional. That is why fetuses are NOT referred to as people under abortion laws, else they would be unconstitutional. And that is why Planned Parenthood is going nuts over Hillary's comments. To bad Hillary shills don't understand this.

Even worse, Hillary says certain classes of people do not have rights? Seriously? The last time that was said was when we had slavery. I really don't think she was serious when she said this, was she? She's a lawyer so she should know better.
While I respect your back alley constitutional law analysis, I would challenge you to produce a Supreme Court opinion conferring constitutional rights to unborn fetus/baby. I want a citation, not "but it's common sense" or "we can all agree". Good luck.

Mick

Old 04-05-2016, 07:42 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,062,258 times
And most of the media hasn't been doing their job for nearly eight years now.

Old 04-05-2016, 07:44 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,134,272 times
Quote:
And I just quoted her quote in a follow up post. BS Hillary talking point. The law does not mention fetus as an unborn person. That is Hillary's paraphrasing of the law, not an actual statute quote.

Cite me an actual lawbook statute on abortion in either state or federal law which explicitly refers to a fetus as a "person", and then I'll believe it. I'll wait.

Again, Planned Parenthood and others do not reference a fetus as a "person" in any way shape or form, else it would go down the road of abortion being unconstitutional. Hillary should have known better, being a lawyer and all.

Furthermore, you didn't bother to read the second link where other Planned Parenthood people were complaining as well.
Do you really think Hillary Clinton, a presidential candidate, misspeaking would render heretofore constitutional acts illegal? What about your congressman? A local councilman? Would that change any laws?

She can mistakenly call fetus a "cat", a "television" or a "senior citizen" and that is not going to change any abortion laws.

Mick

Old 04-05-2016, 07:44 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,911,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
While I respect your back alley constitutional law analysis, I would challenge you to produce a Supreme Court opinion conferring constitutional rights to unborn fetus/baby. I want a citation, not "but it's common sense" or "we can all agree". Good luck.

Mick
So I'm waiting for your enlightened input as to explicitly telling me where I am wrong. So far nothing from you. So I guess I'm right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections