Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 06:33 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,529,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Or, what if oil revenues actually pay for the Iraq War?

That was a good one.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2016, 06:39 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,195,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
Dream on.
I'm now ashamed to say I'm a Buffalo Bills fan ...

Trump 2016 !!!

Old 04-05-2016, 06:58 AM

23,970 posts, read 15,072,142 times
Looks like his plan to pay for the wall is to stop money going south.

Works for me. It least put a fee on. Every Friday, any grocery store in Houston has line 20 people in line transferring money to south of the border. Those dollars are not buying stuff in the USA.

Old 04-05-2016, 07:01 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,368,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post

Works for me. It least put a fee on. Every Friday, any grocery store in Houston has line 20 people in line transferring money to south of the border. Those dollars are not buying stuff in the USA.
Sounds like just what we need, a POTUS who dictates what you can do with your money and where you can send it.

I earned everything I have, if I want to burn it all or send it to Antarctica, it's nobody else's damn business.

Old 04-05-2016, 07:15 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,910,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post

agree 100%

trump is an outside the box thinker, and this country could use that kind of leadership.

oh, and burdell the key word in your post is EARNED, a lot of that money is NOT.
mexico's transfer payments now outstrip their tourism industry to give you an idea of how big a fail that is for America and American business.

ONLY TRUMP HAS POINTED THIS OUT.

Old 04-05-2016, 09:02 AM
JRR

8,164 posts, read 5,656,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Sounds like just what we need, a POTUS who dictates what you can do with your money and where you can send it.

I earned everything I have, if I want to burn it all or send it to Antarctica, it's nobody else's damn business.
I agree with you. I always find it amusing about how people are upset about the government dictating what they can or can't do (the old freedom thing), but they are just fine with the government dictating what someone else can or can't do.

Old 04-05-2016, 09:05 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,698,753 times
Based on the way he has managed any conflict over his career, the 'theories' espoused in his books, and his personal attitudes and behavior over a lifetime... he would be a disaster.

Edited do add: one of the yuuuuge things that his followers love about him is that he tells it like it is, says what they are thinking. No way 'president' is going to be any different than 'candidate' for him. That is a definite pipe dream, and someone expects that to happen if he is elected, and votes for him expecting that to happen is not living in reality.

Last edited by kat in aiken; 04-05-2016 at 09:07 AM.. Reason: 'you see what you will get'

Old 04-05-2016, 09:15 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,739,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
There is Campaigner Trump and there can be President Trump...and the two can be vastly different. We only have to look at Obama to see this paradox...Obama was a masterful campaigner, convincing the majority of this country that he would be The Messiah of 'Hope and Change'. As president, he not only fell short of executing, but may have even delivered the direct opposite.

We now have The Republican opposite...Campaigner Trump, whose campaign seems to be like nothing that this country has seen in our lifetime. The media, political pundits, party establishment, and scholars have predicted his demise, over and over again, just to watch him grow stronger...the direct opposite of how they treated Obama in his campaigns. Trump "shoots from the hip", says crazy things, changes his mind and has seemed to run a campaign that would have brought others down long ago. He truly is a 'Campaigning Enigma!'

So, if we are presented with the masterful campaigner (Obama) who turned out to be a divisive president...Who's to say that we are not witnessing the divisive campaigner (Trump) who may turn out to be a masterful president?

The decision will, again, be left to the majority.
I'd suspect him of having had a personality transplant.

He's been the same person in public for 30 years now, and that persona definitely does not have what it takes to be president.

Old 04-05-2016, 09:26 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,113,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Trump isn't stupid.
He is a smart man with
a deep understanding of
what stupid people want.
QFT.

Mick

Old 04-05-2016, 09:28 AM

251 posts, read 203,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I'd suspect him of having had a personality transplant.

He's been the same person in public for 30 years now, and that persona definitely does not have what it takes to be president.
I'd have to agree. I question two premises of the post by jfkIII:

1. Obama asserted to be a divisive president, when the "division" seems to be people who were not, are not, and will never be reconciled to his presidency. You're entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts: he has redeemed the US in the eyes of the world, and closed the gap between our values and our behavior in a positive way.

Trump does this too--in a negative way. He closed the gap between our values and ourselves in a negative way. These two show us all at our best, and at our worst.

2. It's not reasonable to project for years out and assume not just a Trump presidency, but a successful one at that. Too many variables. The one constant is Trump himself. About that, there doesn't seem to be much to say that Trump hasn't said already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections