Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 11:43 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,597,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livejack View Post
Still not buying your 'CRUZ 2016' rants. Don't like Trump, but don't like Cruz just as much.

By the way, Cruz's people the Canadians, just let 125, 000 refugees in. Or should I say, just let America's next wave of terrorist in the back door.

But, on the bright side, women will get to put their 50's panties back on.

I think my head will do a complete 360 if Cruz get's in office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2016, 12:42 AM

1,229 posts, read 858,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
it really does. for every party involved. Have you seen a kid of agent orange? Pure horror too.
I tell folks I meet all the time - You want to visit Syria......you want to go back to Iraq or maybe Libya..... Or maybe these shills running the government can convince you into fighting the Russians?

My advice to anyone unsure or even the pro-war/pro-introventionism folks here on ÇD : Find a way to visit a place like Walter Reed or the Naval Hospital in Bethesda. Volunteer some time there.....you'll be shocked/horrified by the evils of war.

Back in 2007 I had surgey at the VA in Portland, Oregon to repair a rotator cuff from a weight-lifting injury. I had never been there before....or to any VA hospital.

Just one day there and I was stunned...I had never seen so many people with missing limbs!! And multiple missing limbs!! A huge number of folks there also had service anamils too! I wondered if a specialty school for blind people was much different...

And the PTSD might have been the worst of all. I watched guys explode and completely go nuts and melt down from standing in a line for 8 to 10 minutes. The VA police came running in on multiple occasions...

Lots of folks out there with with fake PTSD looking for an easy government check - But once you're confronted by those who have truly been traumatised by war and have real and advanced cases of PTSD, it will leave a mark on your core.

There is nothing Trump, Clinton, Obama, McCain, Feinstein, McConnell, Cruz, Kerry, etc,etc, could ever do or say that would make me believe we need to fight the Russians. And if they can convince any of you - you're just a pure sucker.

Last edited by At-Chilles; 04-06-2016 at 12:51 AM..

Old 04-06-2016, 12:56 AM

952 posts, read 518,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At-Chilles View Post
I tell folks I meet all the time - You want to visit Syria......you want to go back to Iraq or maybe Libya..... Or maybe these shills running the government can convince you into fighting the Russians?

My advice to anyone unsure or even the pro-war/pro-introventionism folks here on ÇD : Find a way to visit a place like Walter Reed or the Naval Hospital in Bethesda. Volunteer some time there.....you'll be shocked/horrified by the evils of war.

Back in 2007 I had surgey at the VA in Portland, Oregon to repair a rotator cuff from a weight-lifting injury. I had never been there before....or to any VA hospital.

Just one day there and I was stunned...I had never seen so many people with missing limbs!! And multiple missing limbs!! A huge number of folks there also had service anamils too! I wondered if a specialty school for blind people was much different...

And the PTSD might have been the worst of all. I watched guys explode and completely go nuts from standing in a line for 8 to 10 minutes. The VA police came running in on multiple occasions...

Lots of folks out there with with fake PTSD looking for an easy government check - But once you're confronted by those who have truly been traumatised by war and have real and advanced cases of PTSD, it will leave a mark on your core.

There is nothing Trump, Clinton, Obama, McCain, Feinstein, McConnell, Cruz, Kerry, etc,etc, could ever do or say that would make me believe we need to fight the Russians. And if they can convince any of you - you're just a pure sucker.
My son served 6 years in the marines based in Pensacola. He did volunteer at the facilities there and was appalled at the care returning vets were given. One of the reasons he did not reenlist when his term was up.

There should be no more talk of war until we give our already wounded warriors the care they need. Disgraceful, when we send them into often impossible situations over and over again, that they be treated like 3rd class citizens when they need our help...

Old 04-06-2016, 01:12 AM

1,229 posts, read 858,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livejack View Post
My son served 6 years in the marines based in Pensacola. He did volunteer at the facilities there and was appalled at the care returning vets were given. One of the reasons he did not reenlist when his term was up.

There should be no more talk of war until we give our already wounded warriors the care they need. Disgraceful, when we send them into often impossible situations over and over again, that they be treated like 3rd class citizens when they need our help...

Livejack :

As a former 6 year Marine myself, I pray many a day that our service members will one day rise up and en masse commit mutiny on this crapy group of people running the country.

Old 04-06-2016, 06:03 AM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Not selling anything. Nor am I "ranting" that is done by the Sleazy Don supporters.

I am just posting what Sleazy Don has stated when it comes to National Security.

Basically it adds up to a potential POTUS who is uneducated and impulsive and together that spells disaster!
"Ranting". We don't rant about "killing the gays", draining the public education system of funds by giving out vouchers going to religious institutions, want to see Canada, Mexico and the US become one government.

Yes, Cruz supports globalism, one world government. His only concern is setting up the country or the world for the "second coming of Christ" where he will be one of the "anointed" ones.

He has no chance. There are not enough people that believe we should return the laws of the Old Testament. You are supporting a candidate that wants to destroy our country on purpose. He cares nothing about our country simply taking his place as the world leader and waiting for the Second Coming of Christ. He is delusional.

National security is nothing that Cruz has any interest in.

It is sad that Cruz has brought so much disgrace to the Christian faith during his campaign. Holding the Bible while cheating and lying does not negate the sins.

As I said before "you will know a man by his fruits": https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...20&version=KJV By supporting Cruz, one supports the sins he is using trying to steal a nomination.

Old 04-06-2016, 07:32 AM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At-Chilles View Post

And the PTSD might have been the worst of all. I watched guys explode and completely go nuts and melt down from standing in a line for 8 to 10 minutes. The VA police came running in on multiple occasions...

I completely agree with you. Great post.

Old 04-06-2016, 12:07 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,597,224 times
Quote:
I completely agree with you. Great post.
Second that!

Old 04-06-2016, 12:13 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,838,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
Again with "Sleazy Don" garbage. It doesn't make you look smart or clever. Pretty sad actually. I wonder if you have alot of cats and wind chimes. Just weird...
Your opinion is just that. One cat, one dog. Hate wind chimes. Hate wind.

When Sleazy Don and his acolytes stop referring to Ted Cruz as "lyin' Ted," I will stop referring to Trump as Sleazy Don.

Until then, your opinion is duly noted and appropriate concern about it has been rendered.

Have a nice day!

Old 04-06-2016, 12:17 PM

Quote:
My thought, RADICAL change of rules of engagement is the problem, not Geneva convention. So I disagree with Trump on this one. He should be addressing the issue of RADICAL change of rules of engagement. Also, they (savages) will torture American troops simply because they are American troops. Again, not saying Geneva convention is the "problem" it is not.

The battle of Ganjgal in Afghanistan’s Kunar province proved to be historic. An Army captain and a Marine earned Medals of Honor for their efforts in the 10-hour firefight.

One of the recipient said

“I am not a politician. I am just the guy on the ground asking for that ammunition to be dropped because it’s going to save lives.”

Radical change of rules of engagement in battle field is a proven disaster.

Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement - Washington Times

anyway, how about just say no to wars? So nobody needs to talk tough.
THIS is the problem with Sleazy Don's lack of understanding about war. You are exactly correct. The Rules of Engagement are the problem that needs to be addressed, NOT the Geneva Conventions. GC is in place to PROTECT soldiers and POWs. Anyone who seeks the job of CIC should understand something THAT basic.

No wars would be wonderful, but given world history, no bloody likely in this lifetime.

Old 04-06-2016, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
By the way, Cruz's people the Canadians, just let 125, 000 refugees in. Or should I say, just let America's next wave of terrorist in the back door.

But, on the bright side, women will get to put their 50's panties back on.

I think my head will do a complete 360 if Cruz get's in office.
Will you spew pea soup as well?

You may not realize how ridiculous that statement is in light of the brilliant Heidi Cruz, but many others do.

Threats of Cruz taking women back to the "barefoot and pregnant days" is nothing but attempted fear mongering and hyperbole meant to hook the low information voter that votes based on emotion because of lack of intellect.

Nice try but no cigar. Women are not as stupid as you seem to think we are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections