Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 08:23 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,167,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
The reality of the situation is that Trump is the ONLY candidate who has a chance to get to 1,237 - and that with all of the MSM attacks and the RNC out to stop him. You would have thought he would have folded up his tent and went home a long time ago like Rubio / Bush and the rest of the "GOP".

59% of the remaining delegates is definitely doable with so many states in the Northeast and him leading in Cali. So your post and the previous assessment mean squat even though we know your every post is not about anything substantive, but influencing the voters on C-D that Trump is not the one.

Thank God you only have one vote ...
Putting aside that Cruz still has a minuscule chance, what you mean is that going into the convention Trump is the only candidate that has a chance of having 1,237 delegates. If he doesn't have them already lined up, once the need for a second ballot occurs Trump's chances decrease and everyone else's chances increase.

Old 04-09-2016, 09:44 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Default Preibus makes this statement: We Are Choosing the party nominee

Yup!

All those millions of "silly little people" who went out and voted in the GOP primaries? Well, they don't count.

But I'm sure they'll all come out and support whatever Pub that Preibus appoints as the nominee.

Officially neocon approved.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2016, 03:42 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,439,336 times
I think a lot of the Republicans and conservatives here who hate Trump should calm down and examine his positions instead of his personality.

He is pinpointing and advocating for the very positions that Republicans should have adopted long ago -- securing the border, deporting illegals, limiting or eliminating legal immigration until all Americans have jobs, renegotiating trade deals so that our few remaining good jobs are not sent overseas, not fighting wars we lose on purpose, not letting unvetted Muslims into this country....

I am amazed that so many people here (who I otherwise respect) are not thrilled with Trump for taking those positions and -- moreover -- braving the inevitable hateful attacks form the left, the sell-out right, and the lying lib media. This guy is offering you a way out, and you won't take it. Amazing!

I suspect that you all live in places like Idaho and Montana and are out of touch. But don't think for a minute that you're going to be out of touch for long. What's coming for you isn't anything you're going to like -- believe me.

And if you're thinking Ted Cruz is a viable candidate, there's some real estate I'd love to sell you in the middle of a swamp. Ted Cruz is WAY too conservative to win the general election.

Old 04-10-2016, 04:50 AM

11,800 posts, read 5,801,446 times
De - I think you're spot on. The media has for years now - not reported on the candidates in a fair and unbiased manner - they report like the National Enquirer. What ever will get you top ratings - nothing is researched and verified and due to this we see many things go uncovered for some while others are dragged through the mud and the American people like the drama and upset rather than viewing each and every candidate on their merits - I don't care who they are.

Cruz is too Conservative and Sanders is too liberal and I don't think either will win a general election - and if they did - nothing would change because no one would work for them.

So you are left with Hillary and Trump - but most are not focusing on their strengths and weaknesses and what they can bring to the table but what the media thinks is news - Donald's off the cuff remarks or Hillary's subway excursion. Because of Hillary's years of service in politics and not much to show for it as far as I'm concerned - I don't see any way she can advance this country and bring it around.

Donald is crass and doesn't think before he opens his mouth sometimes - but he is also successful and is a good businessman - working within the confines of the law - no matter how much we disagree - to advance his business. They say he wouldn't be good working with other leaders - but let's see how Hillary stacks up. She can appear to be very insincere and phony. If she told another leader, "What difference does it make" - I don't think that would go over too well. She herself has a way of embellishing things. Add to that she's taking money from the very businesses she supports taking down - now do we really think she'll go after Wall Street - no - but voters are not thinking about those things - they're more concerned with fighting with anti-Hillary supporters about her subway excursion.

Old 04-10-2016, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
De - I think you're spot on. The media has for years now - not reported on the candidates in a fair and unbiased manner - they report like the National Enquirer. What ever will get you top ratings - nothing is researched and verified and due to this we see many things go uncovered for some while others are dragged through the mud and the American people like the drama and upset rather than viewing each and every candidate on their merits - I don't care who they are.

Cruz is too Conservative and Sanders is too liberal and I don't think either will win a general election - and if they did - nothing would change because no one would work for them.

So you are left with Hillary and Trump - but most are not focusing on their strengths and weaknesses and what they can bring to the table but what the media thinks is news - Donald's off the cuff remarks or Hillary's subway excursion. Because of Hillary's years of service in politics and not much to show for it as far as I'm concerned - I don't see any way she can advance this country and bring it around.

Donald is crass and doesn't think before he opens his mouth sometimes - but he is also successful and is a good businessman - working within the confines of the law - no matter how much we disagree - to advance his business. They say he wouldn't be good working with other leaders - but let's see how Hillary stacks up. She can appear to be very insincere and phony. If she told another leader, "What difference does it make" - I don't think that would go over too well. She herself has a way of embellishing things. Add to that she's taking money from the very businesses she supports taking down - now do we really think she'll go after Wall Street - no - but voters are not thinking about those things - they're more concerned with fighting with anti-Hillary supporters about her subway excursion.
Well said.

This election is all about control by special interests.

They can't control Trump or Sanders.

But they're not worried about Sanders because the primaries have been rigged for Hillary to win.

So that leaves Trump.

Notice how "everybody" is against him?

There's a reason for that.

He is a real threat to the status quo that has been screwing most Americans -- which is exactly why I like him.

Old 04-10-2016, 05:15 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,761,394 times
It's a wake up call for the voters. I predict the Independents to be the largest group after the Convention.

Old 04-10-2016, 05:19 AM

After I vote for Trump in the California Republican primary, I'm changing my registration to Independent.

Old 04-10-2016, 05:33 AM

11,800 posts, read 5,801,446 times
On all the polls I've seen - Independents are at about 38% - 39%. A larger percentage than either Republicans or Democrats. Many registered voters like myself - choose to be registered as a Democrat or Republican so that we can vote in the primaries - which Independents can not.

I actually consider myself an Independent as do many of my friends who are Republican. We votte for who's going to do the best for us - not party lines. Unfortunately - many on these boards feel that if you are registered as such - you have to drink the Kool-Aid and vote party lines. They need to move into the 21st century.

Old 04-10-2016, 06:05 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,524,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
I think a lot of the Republicans and conservatives here who hate Trump should calm down and examine his positions instead of his personality.

He is pinpointing and advocating for the very positions that Republicans should have adopted long ago -- securing the border, deporting illegals, limiting or eliminating legal immigration until all Americans have jobs, renegotiating trade deals so that our few remaining good jobs are not sent overseas, not fighting wars we lose on purpose, not letting unvetted Muslims into this country....

I am amazed that so many people here (who I otherwise respect) are not thrilled with Trump for taking those positions and -- moreover -- braving the inevitable hateful attacks form the left, the sell-out right, and the lying lib media. This guy is offering you a way out, and you won't take it. Amazing!
Screw that. He has made his "personality" the central "issue" of his campaign. He is a perfect ass who goes out of his way to behave like a jerk and treat people like crap. Not only does he deserve everything he is getting, he deserves much worse. The good news is, unless I am mistaken, that is on the way.

What comes around, goes around. Now the Donald is starting to reap what he has sewn. Nobody else is to blame for that. He has 100% brought it on himself.

Old 04-10-2016, 06:11 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,199,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Screw that. He has made his "personality" the central "issue" of his campaign. He is a perfect ass who goes out of his way to behave like a jerk and treat people like crap. Not only does he deserve everything he is getting, he deserves much worse. The good news is, unless I am mistaken, that is on the way.

What comes around, goes around. Now the Donald is starting to reap what he has sewn. Nobody else is to blame for that. He has 100% brought it on himself.
Let's wait until 4/26 and see what Trump reaps ... or is Priebus working feverishly in the Northeast to get Trump off the ballot ? Mittens making robocalls in Rhode Island ? Watch all of the GOP members walk away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections