Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 08:11 AM

11,799 posts, read 5,804,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Screw that. He has made his "personality" the central "issue" of his campaign. He is a perfect ass who goes out of his way to behave like a jerk and treat people like crap. Not only does he deserve everything he is getting, he deserves much worse. The good news is, unless I am mistaken, that is on the way.

What comes around, goes around. Now the Donald is starting to reap what he has sewn. Nobody else is to blame for that. He has 100% brought it on himself.
And Cruz has now cornered himself into being the televangelist - that's a turn off to many people. There have been too many that talk the talk but don't walk the walk and then turn around and fleece their believers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2016, 04:23 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,440,332 times
Quote:
Screw that. He has made his "personality" the central "issue" of his campaign. He is a perfect ass who goes out of his way to behave like a jerk and treat people like crap. Not only does he deserve everything he is getting, he deserves much worse. The good news is, unless I am mistaken, that is on the way.

What comes around, goes around. Now the Donald is starting to reap what he has sewn. Nobody else is to blame for that. He has 100% brought it on himself.
So your political analysis is on the level of "People Magazine" and "The National Enquirer."

Thanks for letting me know....that I no longer need to take anything you say seriously.

Old 04-11-2016, 05:11 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,526,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
So your political analysis is on the level of "People Magazine" and "The National Enquirer."

Thanks for letting me know....that I no longer need to take anything you say seriously.
Actually, Donald Trump's campaign tactics and his policy prescriptions are on the level of "People Magazine" and "The National Inquirer". It is a tabloid campaign with stunts right out of the World Wrestling Federation - Television Entertainment manual.

This is what Trump is apparently doing and it is the basis for his campaign. He stirs up crap, denigrates people and tells outrageous lies constantly, apparently proud of himself for doing so, all just like the tabloid newspapers that you refer to.

It is really interesting how frequently Donald Trump and his supporters engage in the act of "Psychological projection," as you have done here. Let's look at the definition of that, shall we:
Psychological projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against their own unpleasant impulses by denying their existence while attributing them to others. For example, a person who is habitually rude may constantly accuse other people of being rude. It can take the form of blame shifting.
So in this case, you suggest that I am responding in a tabloid manner, when of course it is Trump and his supporters who have been doing that since literally the beginning of his campaign.

But I digress. What comes around, goes around. Trump has behaved and treated other people in an appalling manner that he would surely regard as "unfair" if people had treated him that way. Now he is going to get his. If he complains about the "unfairness" of any of this, then he is a crybaby and should be ridiculed as one. He surely will be.

You reap what you sow. Now Donald Trump is going to be forced to eat his own home cooking, whether he likes it or not. And there is nothing "unfair" about that, regardless of anything he may say to the contrary.

Old 04-11-2016, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Actually, Donald Trump's campaign tactics and his policy prescriptions are on the level of "People Magazine" and "The National Inquirer". It is a tabloid campaign with stunts right out of the World Wrestling Federation - Television Entertainment manual.

This is what Trump is apparently doing and it is the basis for his campaign. He stirs up crap, denigrates people and tells outrageous lies constantly, apparently proud of himself for doing so, all just like the tabloid newspapers that you refer to.

It is really interesting how frequently Donald Trump and his supporters engage in the act of "Psychological projection," as you have done here. Let's look at the definition of that, shall we:
Psychological projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against their own unpleasant impulses by denying their existence while attributing them to others. For example, a person who is habitually rude may constantly accuse other people of being rude. It can take the form of blame shifting.
So in this case, you suggest that I am responding in a tabloid manner, when of course it is Trump and his supporters who have been doing that since literally the beginning of his campaign.
No, what you're doing is only responding to the tabloid aspects of Trump instead of his stated positions.

Which shows that you are not serious.

If anyone else were the Republican front runner, they would be facing the same barrage of criticism Trump has faced. They would be accused -- as Republican front runners always are -- of being racist, sexist, fascist, hating the poor, wanting dirty air and water, being hair-trigger war mongers, and wanting to throw granny over the cliff.

In view of that, the mere fact that Trump is rude -- and he is -- is a very minor point.

Compare his insensitivity to the typical smooth talking politician who is polite and then stabs people in the back.

Yes, our "nice" politicians have destroyed our economy, opened our borders to criminals and parasites, gotten us into wars that we don't even try to win but that leave devastation in their wake, and you're offended by Trump.

Give me a break and grow up.

Old 04-11-2016, 07:27 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
After I vote for Trump in the California Republican primary, I'm changing my registration to Independent.
Isn't California's Republican primary open?

Old 04-11-2016, 07:37 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,114,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
In other words, you don't think that smaller, less populous states should have any say in elections? Because that's what the popular vote would result in. The electoral college was designed to give smaller states some say in the election. Popular vote would result in basically New York and California picking the president every 4 years.

Did Sarah Palin tell you that?

I have to wonder if anyone thinks for themselves anymore. I've heard Trump people on TV use that "gravy train" line over and over again, and then people come here and repeat it as if they thought it up all by themselves. They're just parroting back everything that other people say.

And no one as of yet has been able to tell me how Trump if elected president will be able to put a stop to this "gravy train" either. They just seem to take it on faith that he will. You realize Trump won't be able to make laws, right? Oh and, why would Trump ever want to put a stop ( even if he could ) to a the "gravy train" that even he admits he took part and bought so much influence in as a business man?
Trump is not a politician, and he's not "bought and paid for"- that's enough right there to get my support. As for what He can do by himself, Obama sure seems to have been able to do quite a bit of damage by himself.

Old 04-12-2016, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Isn't California's Republican primary open?
I don't know. They changed the rules recently.

In the past, it was a closed primary.

Old 04-12-2016, 01:31 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Trump is not a politician, and he's not "bought and paid for"- that's enough right there to get my support. As for what He can do by himself, Obama sure seems to have been able to do quite a bit of damage by himself.
No, he was the one doing the buying and paying. Why is that okay with people?

Old 04-12-2016, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
No, he was the one doing the buying and paying. Why is that okay with people?
Because he was doing it as a businessman.

You don't get anything done in New York on a big scale without greasing the wheels.

How many times does this have to be answered?

This is on the level of liberals sticking their fingers in their ears and yelling "La la la I don't hear you."

You're better than that.

Or should be.

Old 04-12-2016, 04:19 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,968,825 times
Agreed. Trump's popularity is because of his positions that has drawn millions to him. He likely is going to change his game in light of what happened in Colorado, but it wouldn't matter anyway. Even if Trump gets to 1237, the GOP leadership will make sure that number is lower by convention voting time. He cannot win. Never seen a candidate so attacked before. Soros has 100+ groups out plotting and working against him and the GOP leadership is working against him. No candidate could not withstand that.

There is not one candidate still in that has even talked consistently about Americans getting jobs first before foreign workers, except Trump, and it's lip service for those who have talked about it. Every politician will continue to bring in illegal immigrants and foreign workers to the detriment of Americans, particularly blacks and vets, and I too am really surprised no one is mentioning that here on CD.

So, since the GOP has decided to crush Trump rather than gather around and support him, help him change, things will stay the same and get worse. Thank you for taking the lead and bringing this out. It's refreshing from the same old hate posts. And God help America if Paul Ryan is the nominee.

Quote:
I think a lot of the Republicans and conservatives here who hate Trump should calm down and examine his positions instead of his personality.

He is pinpointing and advocating for the very positions that Republicans should have adopted long ago -- securing the border, deporting illegals, limiting or eliminating legal immigration until all Americans have jobs, renegotiating trade deals so that our few remaining good jobs are not sent overseas, not fighting wars we lose on purpose, not letting unvetted Muslims into this country....

I am amazed that so many people here (who I otherwise respect) are not thrilled with Trump for taking those positions and -- moreover -- braving the inevitable hateful attacks form the left, the sell-out right, and the lying lib media. This guy is offering you a way out, and you won't take it. Amazing!

I suspect that you all live in places like Idaho and Montana and are out of touch. But don't think for a minute that you're going to be out of touch for long. What's coming for you isn't anything you're going to like -- believe me.

And if you're thinking Ted Cruz is a viable candidate, there's some real estate I'd love to sell you in the middle of a swamp. Ted Cruz is WAY too conservative to win the general election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections