Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 12:28 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,225,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
I am going to love watching the GOP and their brokered convention blow up in their faces. It will expose the election process for the farce that it is, all of the caucuses, debates, primaries, etc. mean absolutely nothing if the establishment does not get the result it wants.
Which is what needed to happen.

We were all too busy being tax paying mushrooms to notice we don't really live in much of a Democracy anymore. If anything comes from this knowledge, it will be changes to the two party system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2016, 12:29 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
I am going to love watching the GOP and their brokered convention blow up in their faces. It will expose the election process for the farce that it is, all of the caucuses, debates, primaries, etc. mean absolutely nothing if the establishment does not get the result it wants.
your darn right!

Old 04-06-2016, 12:29 PM

902 posts, read 1,103,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
But... he's not telling you...

The delegates have always selected the frontrunner
of the popular vote as the nominee.
If Trump has the most votes and they choose someone else,
that would be a first ever.
actually they did it in 1976, but managed to keep it pretty quiet

Reagan had the most votes but they picked Ford

http://campaignstops.blogs.nytimes.c...on-of-76/?_r=0

Old 04-06-2016, 12:31 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Oh stop...What you said is completely wrong. They serve the damn public. Just stop.
Also, if they don't serve the public then the RNC needs to pay ALL GOP salaries, not the tax payer. That's how I know you are full of ****.
Are you being facetious, or do you really not understand how the party system works?

The primaries are not like heats in a track meet, or semi-finals in a playoff series. Rather, they are basically a months-long job interview. The candidates fight for the right to be represented by the party, like job applicants try to look the best out of a bunch of applicants. The votes they receive are an indication of how they'll do nationally, but winning the votes doesn't guarantee them the job. At the end of the process, GOP executives still have a say-so in who they want to represent the party. Of course they look at the number of votes each candidate has won, but if they still don't think he or she is right for the job, they have policies which will allow them to pick someone else.

The GOP executives don't want Trump to represent the party, because he is perceived by them as being a racist, sexist, uneducated loudmouth who can't win the general election. They're chasing their own tails at this point, trying to pick a GOP presidential candidate without pissing off the people who support Trump. I don't think they can have it both ways, but it is interesting to watch.

Old 04-06-2016, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsportpilot View Post
actually they did it in 1976, but managed to keep it pretty quiet

Reagan had the most votes but they picked Ford

http://campaignstops.blogs.nytimes.c...on-of-76/?_r=0
they were lucky, back then people didn't have access to the technology we have today...thank God we do....however, many years ago, during the elections, I noted how biased the Media was and the horrible stories they put out against opposing GOP candidates....

I just don't understand, how and why Americans do not wake up and see what is happening to our country.

Old 04-06-2016, 12:32 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,539,703 times
Huge numbers will stay home if they do this. The Uniparty wants to put Hillary in office so she can crash the entire system.

I'm ready. Are you?

Old 04-06-2016, 12:33 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,838,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
I do not even know why I am answering you especially since you feel that you have the right to basically call me a whiner... You have no idea what I do or what I am involved in. So to answer you, I do get involved, albeit very little, on the local level. I work full time, have two small kids and a house to run. I really do not have the time to volunteer right now. Trust me, even if I were, there is NOTHING I can do to change anything regarding the way the elections are handled.
You are making excuses. Most everyone I know who is INVOLVED in the local GOP party have full time jobs, have kids and obligations, but they think that the people that are elected into positions that effect their every day lives is the most important issue that they can participate it.

I know for a FACT that my involvement has resulted in the election of several candidates into state legislature and that those candidates have had a SIGNIFICANT impact on the state with regard to DEM domination.

If you feel you do not have the time to be involved, then don't complain about HOW the system works when you don't even know the process in the first place.

Believe me, the ONLY reason things don't change is because the majority of people think and act upon the same belief as you.

Old 04-06-2016, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Huge numbers will stay home if they do this. The Uniparty wants to put Hillary in office so she can crash the entire system.

I'm ready. Are you?
They are all nut cases....all of them....

I don't believe regardless, it's good to stay home and not vote....b/c that gives the whole party another 4 years, and this country can't take another 4 years of this

Old 04-06-2016, 12:38 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,838,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Are you being facetious, or do you really not understand how the party system works?

The primaries are not like heats in a track meet, or semi-finals in a playoff series. Rather, they are basically a months-long job interview. The candidates fight for the right to be represented by the party, like job applicants try to look the best out of a bunch of applicants. The votes they receive are an indication of how they'll do nationally, but winning the votes doesn't guarantee them the job. At the end of the process, GOP executives still have a say-so in who they want to represent the party. Of course they look at the number of votes each candidate has won, but if they still don't think he or she is right for the job, they have policies which will allow them to pick someone else.

The GOP executives don't want Trump to represent the party, because he is perceived by them as being a racist, sexist, uneducated loudmouth who can't win the general election. They're chasing their own tails at this point, trying to pick a GOP presidential candidate without pissing off the people who support Trump. I don't think they can have it both ways, but it is interesting to watch.

THAT

It is unbelievably obvious that Sleazy Don supports haven't the first clue about how either party operates.

Nor do they have the intellectual curiosity or basic desire to learn the process before they complain and make stupid allegations about "stealing" delegates and their RIGHT to pick nominees, etc.

Instead of reflecting on the fact that their LACK OF INVOLVEMENT in the process is EXACTLY the reason that we end up with the candidates we get!

Old 04-06-2016, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
You are making excuses. Most everyone I know who is INVOLVED in the local GOP party have full time jobs, have kids and obligations, but they think that the people that are elected into positions that effect their every day lives is the most important issue that they can participate it.

I know for a FACT that my involvement has resulted in the election of several candidates into state legislature and that those candidates have had a SIGNIFICANT impact on the state with regard to DEM domination.

If you feel you do not have the time to be involved, then don't complain about HOW the system works when you don't even know the process in the first place.

Believe me, the ONLY reason things don't change is because the majority of people think and act upon the same belief as you.
regardless of what you think about another human being, she has the right to complain, period!!!!

I am sick and tired of people saying that, and saying vote for the lessor of two evils....
yanno what makes me sicker, uneducated college students who are interviewed while protesting a candidate and when asked what they don't like about that candidate, they go completely blank.
American's have lost intellectual skills...

She and everyone of us have a right to complain....why AMericans are just starting to wake up and it's about darn time....

This country is being taken over by Muslims and Mexicans....terrorists are coming thru the borders....we are broke, our systems are broke....

You say, we've got to go door to door campaigning for our choice? As angry as people are today, they'll get shot.

I write my congressmen and senators, all the time...and am probably on the FBI's most wanted list....

however, it's my right to do so, and I will continue to do so....but more people have to wake up....and believe what is going on in this country.....without laws and rules, everything becomes chaotic. And it is...everyone feels they have the right to break laws, even when driving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections