Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 12:41 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,149,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Oh stop...What you said is completely wrong. They serve the damn public. Just stop.
Also, if they don't serve the public then the RNC needs to pay ALL GOP salaries, not the tax payer. That's how I know you are full of ****.
Once elected, the elected offical serves the public. The political party that helped fund and promote his candidacy does not serve the public. The political party is a private organization, so the RNC needs to pay the salaries of all people working directly for the party. There is no requirement for an elected official to belong to a political party, although most do. The elected official is not employed by the political party and is a public servant. The public entity where that elected offical is employed is responsible to pay their salary.

It is like a teacher who is Catholic and employed by a Catholic school is paid by the Catholic school, but a teacher who is Catholic and employed by a public school is paid by the public school, even if the principal at the Catholic school, a priest, or a nun wrote her recommendation.

I think I'll go beat my head against a wall for a while..... sigh......

Old 04-06-2016, 12:42 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,866,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
regardless of what you think about another human being, she has the right to complain, period!!!!

I am sick and tired of people saying that, and saying vote for the lessor of two evils....
yanno what makes me sicker, uneducated college students who are interviewed while protesting a candidate and when asked what they don't like about that candidate, they go completely blank.
American's have lost intellectual skills...

She and everyone of us have a right to complain....why AMericans are just starting to wake up and it's about darn time....

This country is being taken over by Muslims and Mexicans....terrorists are coming thru the borders....we are broke, our systems are broke....

You say, we've got to go door to door campaigning for our choice? As angry as people are today, they'll get shot.

I write my congressmen and senators, all the time...and am probably on the FBI's most wanted list....

however, it's my right to do so, and I will continue to do so....but more people have to wake up....and believe what is going on in this country.....without laws and rules, everything becomes chaotic. And it is...everyone feels they have the right to break laws, even when driving.
Mom? Is that you, Mom?

Have you taken your meds today?

Deep breaths. The country is not being take over my Muslims and Mexicans. You don't have to be so fearful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2016, 01:10 PM

61 posts, read 48,688 times
Why does it seem like Trumpers believe delegates were something invented in year 2016 to block their dear leader from getting the nomination?

These are the RULES. It has always been that you need a certain amount of delegates to become the Republican nominee. Giving the nomination to the person who has the most is not how it has ever worked.

Trump agreed to the rules when he decided to run for president. Trump minions need to respect the primary process and the century-old rule will not be changed just because you think your dear leader deserves the coronation.

Old 04-06-2016, 01:17 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,541,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamezz View Post
Why does it seem like Trumpers believe delegates were something invented in year 2016 to block their dear leader from getting the nomination?

These are the RULES. It has always been that you need a certain amount of delegates to become the Republican nominee. Giving the nomination to the person who has the most is not how it has ever worked.

Trump agreed to the rules when he decided to run for president. Trump minions need to respect the primary process and the century-old rule will not be changed just because you think your dear leader deserves the coronation.

They will do what they want to get Hillary elected.

Many of us will never vote R again.

A new party will emerge that differs from the Uniparty.

Old 04-06-2016, 01:17 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,701,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
regardless of what you think about another human being, she has the right to complain, period!!!!

This country is being taken over by Muslims and Mexicans....terrorists are coming thru the borders....we are broke, our systems are broke....

however, it's my right to do so, and I will continue to do so....but more people have to wake up....and believe what is going on in this country.....without laws and rules, everything becomes chaotic. And it is...everyone feels they have the right to break laws, even when driving.
For your own sake, turn off the television. Our country is NOT being taken over by anyone. Nor are we or our systems broken. Honestly, TV portrays things as falling completely apart because it keeps you checking to make sure the silver is still in the drawer (turning the TV on the next day to make sure we're all still alive, thus increasing ratings and advertising revenue.)

Fear sells and I think you've bought too much.

Old 04-06-2016, 01:26 PM

56 posts, read 49,091 times
The convention lasts 3 days......anyone know which day this will all happen and will this part be televised?

I need to make sure I don't plan a vacation during that time.....LOL

Old 04-06-2016, 01:45 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,460,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveCoffee View Post
The convention lasts 3 days......anyone know which day this will all happen and will this part be televised?

I need to make sure I don't plan a vacation during that time.....LOL
In 2012 the (uncontested) schedule was:
Day 1 - welcome event
- rules committee meets
Day 2: - rules committee meets (& Maine walked out over delegate allocation dispute)
- speeches
- Roll Call for Nomination of President of the United States
- Roll Call for Nomination of Vice President of the United States
Day 3:
- more speeches
- remarks by vice presidential nominee Rep. Paul Ryan
Day 4:
- more speeches
- remarks by presidential nominee Mitt Romney

Old 04-06-2016, 01:46 PM

2,533 posts, read 3,098,493 times
Disgruntled Republicans, you have two choices:

1. Stay home on Election Day.
2. Vote for Bernie Sanders.

Since none of you are as wealthy as you like to represent on City-Data, a Sanders vote would be a wise choice.

Old 04-06-2016, 01:56 PM

37,796 posts, read 40,996,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I don't understand what is "disgusting" about this.

The PARTY chooses who the PARTY will support. The PARTY is, and has always been a private organization with money and influence to wield on behalf of whomever the PARTY chooses.
And I'm just a voter who didn't take any stinking loyalty pledge. If we stay home on election day, it just says "We don't like it" but they only speak two languages, money and votes. We don't have the kind of money to bring them to their knees but we can NOT-vote for every party candidate down to the town level. A bunch of those delegates are running for office. We need to kneecap them at the ballot box by voting for someone else to send a message. Then, we need to go after the big donors.

Old 04-06-2016, 02:00 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,338,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
That means when you are voting in the primaries you are voting for delegates to the party conventions. You aren't voting for a candidate. You are voting for delegates.
It really is astounding there are people to this day that STILL down understand how our political system works. Trump fans Im willing to bet...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections