Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 05:22 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,201,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Yep, it is the fault of all those people who didn't bother to go and vote for years on end, who are now suddenly all "I'm soooo angry that things aren't going my way" and to heck with everyone else. They think their piddly 30% of republicans who support trump are the only ones who count, but they don't seem to realize that there are a lot of republicans who don't want trump, and don't want him to fracture their party. Not just 'the establishment', but real, living people who don't want trump.

That angry 30% should just go form their own party, or join one of those little, independent parties. That'd give a big boost to a third party. What a concept.
Do you have any empirical evidence to support this nonsensical claim that those who support Trump haven't voted for years on end ? One could make the same claim that less Republicans want Cruz so your claim is rubbish ... oh, and Trump currently has 38% of the GOP vote and that % is likely to go up after the Northeast primaries.

And I hope he does fracture the party - who gives a hoot about a bunch of folks unwilling to bend to the changing demographic and mood of this country ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2016, 06:34 AM

28,901 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
For your own sake, turn off the television. Our country is NOT being taken over by anyone. Nor are we or our systems broken. Honestly, TV portrays things as falling completely apart because it keeps you checking to make sure the silver is still in the drawer (turning the TV on the next day to make sure we're all still alive, thus increasing ratings and advertising revenue.)

Fear sells and I think you've bought too much.
our systems for your information are broken...if that were not true, illegals would not be coming into this country illegally.

How many times have you seen the breakdown of foster care

How about our welfare system?

Just to name a few.....

My silver is still in the drawer, but I sometimes wonder, just how many gold bricks are left in Ft. Knox?

Old 04-07-2016, 08:19 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,703,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Do you have any empirical evidence to support this nonsensical claim that those who support Trump haven't voted for years on end ?

And I hope he does fracture the party - who gives a hoot about a bunch of folks unwilling to bend to the changing demographic and mood of this country ?
Yes, there was a lot all over the place, even here on CD, about how trump was bringing out people who had never bothered to register and vote before this... middle aged people, etc., who had never voted before. I know that was several months ago, now, but it was a big part of the initial appeal after he announced. People were standing in lines in Iowa and South Carolina and saying it was the first time they had voted. Even posters in here were talking about how they never voted before. Where were you when all that was happening?

Who gives a hoot? I think perhaps most of the republicans (and also most of the democrats and independents) would be very happy to get the trump followers out of the republican party, actually. Maybe that is 'the establishment's' ultimate goal - get rid of all that deadwood.

It appears that the trump followers are the ones who are unwilling to bend to the changing demographics in this country, tho. 'Get 'em outa here', is the rallying cry of trump followers everywhere. And that rallying cry is referring to minorities, the disabled, all those uppity women, and anyone who doesn't think trump should be president. Make the country great again for all the white guys, right?

Old 04-07-2016, 08:44 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,718,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
our systems for your information are broken...if that were not true, illegals would not be coming into this country illegally.

How many times have you seen the breakdown of foster care

How about our welfare system?

Just to name a few.....

My silver is still in the drawer, but I sometimes wonder, just how many gold bricks are left in Ft. Knox?
Creme, for the most part, our systems work just fine. None of them are perfect, but we're not in danger of collapse either. The illegal alien issue is very complicated and will not be solved by building a wall. Unless you grow all of your own food, you directly benefit from illegal alien labor because it keeps prices down in the food industry. It also keeps prices down in the construction and hospitality industries among others. That is why people come here and that is why neither Congress nor any president (not even Trump) will ever make a real effort to stop it. Trump and the media trying to scare you, but the honest truth is that the illegal alien work force is an integral part of our economy. If it were possible to deport 12 million people (and it's not), then you might see some sort of collapse. But for now, you can stop worrying.

I'll agree with you that the foster care system is broken, but how to care for children who are abused, neglected and abandoned has always been difficult and has led to some awful outcomes. Are you familiar with the orphan trains of late 1800's and early 1900's? At least now child labor is outlawed and there are laws in place to protect children. Granted, most of the agencies are underfunded and understaffed, but they system is not completely broken. Besides, what would Trump do for the foster care system?

Just because something isn't perfect doesn't mean it's not functioning or that it's not fixable. People need to stop being so afraid because it clouds their ability to think rationally about issues.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Creme, for the most part, our systems work just fine. None of them are perfect, but we're not in danger of collapse either. The illegal alien issue is very complicated and will not be solved by building a wall. Unless you grow all of your own food, you directly benefit from illegal alien labor because it keeps prices down in the food industry. It also keeps prices down in the construction and hospitality industries among others. That is why people come here and that is why neither Congress nor any president (not even Trump) will ever make a real effort to stop it. Trump and the media trying to scare you, but the honest truth is that the illegal alien work force is an integral part of our economy. If it were possible to deport 12 million people (and it's not), then you might see some sort of collapse. But for now, you can stop worrying.

I'll agree with you that the foster care system is broken, but how to care for children who are abused, neglected and abandoned has always been difficult and has led to some awful outcomes. Are you familiar with the orphan trains of late 1800's and early 1900's? At least now child labor is outlawed and there are laws in place to protect children. Granted, most of the agencies are underfunded and understaffed, but they system is not completely broken. Besides, what would Trump do for the foster care system?

Just because something isn't perfect doesn't mean it's not functioning or that it's not fixable. People need to stop being so afraid because it clouds their ability to think rationally about issues.
I'm sorry but we agree to disagree...do not go along with this at all...

We cannot continue to ignore laws for convenience....

I've worked with systems over the years, I've seen the corruption, and read about it and seen reports on TV...I'm sorry but you don't have a clue....everyone is skimming off the topic...the federal government issues money to these systems, and the people running the systems are skimming off the top....

Lets talk about the United Way....Sheeesh, give me a break....they are so corrupt....all these giving campaigns that people give to....are skimming off the top, having black tie parties....oh, and lest we forget Wall Street?

Please, you honestly need to wake up...

We've go so little police b/c every township keeps cutting back and cutting back, and kids come up missing every where. They are stealing kids and marketing them in other countries, and we don't do a thing about it...that's where global has gotten us....????? Human Trafficing...

Trump isn't perfect, no one is....or ever will be, but he is the only one who wants to do something about it....

Old 04-07-2016, 09:27 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:

I've worked with systems over the years, I've seen the corruption, and read about it and seen reports on TV...I'm sorry but you don't have a clue....everyone is skimming off the topic...the federal government issues money to these systems, and the people running the systems are skimming off the top....

Lets talk about the United Way....Sheeesh, give me a break....they are so corrupt....all these giving campaigns that people give to....are skimming off the top, having black tie parties....oh, and lest we forget Wall Street?

We've go so little police b/c every township keeps cutting back and cutting back, and kids come up missing every where. They are stealing kids and marketing them in other countries, and we don't do a thing about it...that's where global has gotten us....????? Human Trafficing...

Trump isn't perfect, no one is....or ever will be, but he is the only one who wants to do something about it....
I appreciate your concerns, but Trump is not going to do anything about them. I don't think he's even talked about charities skimming, or missing kids.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:27 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,201,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post

It appears that the trump followers are the ones who are unwilling to bend to the changing demographics in this country, tho. 'Get 'em outa here', is the rallying cry of trump followers everywhere. And that rallying cry is referring to minorities, the disabled, all those uppity women, and anyone who doesn't think trump should be president. Make the country great again for all the white guys, right?
Trump is all for LEGAL immigration which folks like you are blind to ... you are making it about race. All you need to do is take a look at Europe and see what's happening to some of the countries. Coexistence only works if you have cultures with similar values. What happens to those who enter Mexico illegally ? Iran ? Syria ? There's a point where benefaction becomes stupidity.

And "get them outta here" is what the rallying cry should be for any that have broken the law to come in. But keep on diluting the country with poor, uneducated people from Third World countries that live on off our government and see what happens. Might not be in your lifetime, but it will happen. The fall of Rome took a few centuries, but eventually it did fall.

Any person that sponges off the government when they should either not be here in the first place or should be working needs to be dealt with accordingly. Parasitic illegals need to be sent packing.

I suppose you think it's great that drugs are pouring in from Mexico daily and our youths are dying from overdoses. That an open door immigration policy is great for the country ... that we should accept everyone into our society despite of where they come from and how they got here.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I appreciate your concerns, but Trump is not going to do anything about them. I don't think he's even talked about charities skimming, or missing kids.
you may be right, but I hope your not.....

Old 04-07-2016, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
you may be right, but I hope your not.....

I believe if you clean up crime, everything else falls into place, but everyone has got to obey the laws....and if not, then they need to be punished by our laws.

Old 04-07-2016, 10:05 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,718,061 times
Quote:

What is Trump or any other presidential candidate going to do about any of these issues?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections