Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 07:05 AM

3,062 posts, read 7,037,201 times

Advertisements

It would be amusing if the origin of Donald Trump calling Ted Cruz lyin' Ted was if he half read the story with the list of statements that Cruz was lying about, but didn't scroll down to the part where it showed how many times he himself had lied.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 07:06 AM

1,229 posts, read 859,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Getting up to speed. If you are going to give a correct response, there is more work to it than just reading the media online.

He is obviously not stupid, which I am guessing you already know. Succeeding in business and negotiations, one cannot be stupid.

I think you went to school about the same time I did, so I am sure you had American government. The POTUS has a huge amount of resources when it comes to making decisions. There is no way that Trump would have those resources available at this time. I know with the military, he has said that he would consult the Generals and that alone says a lot to me, since my older son is a career officer and the person that becomes Commander In Chief makes a HUGE difference to me. Trump will call in the people he needs to make the best decisions and Lyin' Ted will base his decisions on the Old Testament.

So, no, it is not one or the other. Trump has been hammered with every possible question and expected for a quick response. They did the same thing to Carson, you remember him, the true Christian in the race - I got the bumper sticker!

Ted Cruz is evil to the core. He lies to promote himself. He has been separated from God by his habitual lying and is very dangerous. And, people thought Obama was the anti-Christ!
He's neither stupid nor a liar. His problem is that he undervalues the " quant " aspect you need to develop in order to understand and explain/debate policy issues. If he had clear command of the issues and could communicate his positions in more refined manner, the media would have a lot less ammo to target him.

Anyone can get in touch with and/or develop their quant side -- but you've got to want to and also believe that its very important. Trump has gotten by with wingn' it for the last six moths, but the leadership aspect of his campaign needs to step up and start preparing him better and become more organized.

Last edited by At-Chilles; 04-08-2016 at 07:21 AM..

Old 04-08-2016, 07:17 AM

8,632 posts, read 9,142,888 times
It's what Cruz doesn't say that disturbs me. Such as his tax plan and how it would give billionaires tax breaks the world has never seen, but it would also strangle/starve Social Security and medicare. Killing 3 birds with one stone?

Old 04-08-2016, 07:25 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Cruz lies whenever he opens his mouth. I find it quite disturbing when I know what the truth is and Cruz says what he says. Cruz even bragged about winning Iowa when he stole Ben Carson's votes in Iowa. Cruz is a low life.

Stole votes?

Why would you lie like that?

Old 04-08-2016, 07:59 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The media does not focus on the attack to Trump, they only focus on Trump when he attacks the attacker. Trump's wife was attacked first. McCain attacked Trump and his supporters.
The first lie that needs to stop is that Mrs. Trump was attacked. The picture used was a previously published, in both print and on the Internet, unaltered professionally taken picture for which she was paid to pose in as part of her profession. It is a picture that both she and Mr. Trump have previously expressed pride in. Mr. Trump proudly displayed and discussed that picture during multiple interviews before he decided to run for president. That picture is what it is; it is a primary artifact which means it is unbiased and people can make their own judgement when viewing it. The Trumps saw nothing wrong with the picture in the past, they should see nothing wrong with it now.

Just as a reminder, the words printed on top of the picture were, "Meet your new First Lady, Melania Trump," and at the bottom, "Or, you can support Ted Cruz on Tuesday." If Mr. Trump is elected, his wife would be the First Lady, that is not disputable, nor is it insulting - unless you think calling someone First Lady is insulting. Yes, they did include the support Ted Cruz part, but that isn't an attack.

It's not like they put that picture together with a picture of Mrs. Cruz looking like a banker or something and wrote at the bottom "or, you could have Mrs. Cruz as your First Lady." If that had been done, I would agree that it was meant to be an attack on Mrs. Trump and, in my opinion, was an attack on her. But, that isn't what happened.

Old 04-08-2016, 08:08 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,980,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
The first lie that needs to stop is that Mrs. Trump was attacked. The picture used was a previously published, in both print and on the Internet, unaltered professionally taken picture for which she was paid to pose in as part of her profession. It is a picture that both she and Mr. Trump have previously expressed pride in. Mr. Trump proudly displayed and discussed that picture during multiple interviews before he decided to run for president. That picture is what it is; it is a primary artifact which means it is unbiased and people can make their own judgement when viewing it. The Trumps saw nothing wrong with the picture in the past, they should see nothing wrong with it now.

Just as a reminder, the words printed on top of the picture were, "Meet your new First Lady, Melania Trump," and at the bottom, "Or, you can support Ted Cruz on Tuesday." If Mr. Trump is elected, his wife would be the First Lady, that is not disputable, nor is it insulting - unless you think calling someone First Lady is insulting. Yes, they did include the support Ted Cruz part, but that isn't an attack.

It's not like they put that picture together with a picture of Mrs. Cruz looking like a banker or something and wrote at the bottom "or, you could have Mrs. Cruz as your First Lady." If that had been done, I would agree that it was meant to be an attack on Mrs. Trump and, in my opinion, was an attack on her. But, that isn't what happened.
This is just silly, obviously the ad meant to be negative towards Mrs. Trump. To even try to spin it any other way is just plain crazy. No ad should feature a innocent family member of a candidate as the platform. Do you not agree that family members should be left out?

Old 04-08-2016, 08:50 AM

1,166 posts, read 755,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post

LOL, this is the same sleazy lawyer parsing that Cruz engages in. We all know that Cruz and other candidates coordinate with PACs, despite what the law says and the picture was clearly an attack on Melania Trump. The mental gymnastics that Cruz supporters put themselves through to keep up the illusion that he is anything other than a scumbag is staggering.

Old 04-08-2016, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
This is just silly, obviously the ad meant to be negative towards Mrs. Trump. To even try to spin it any other way is just plain crazy. No ad should feature a innocent family member of a candidate as the platform. Do you not agree that family members should be left out?
No, I don't agree a potential First Lady should be left out. Aside from the pillow talk aspect of it, the First Lady plays a big role in our government. There is a reason the tax payers fund an official staff for the First Lady.

That picture is nothing new. And you know what, I do think the voting public has a right to know.
The current 1st Lady's staff and their yearly salary
  1. Assistant To The President and Chief of Staff to the First Lady - 172,200
  2. Deputy Assistant to the President and Director of Policy and Projects For the Fist Lady - 140,000
  3. Special Assistant to the President and White House Social Secretary - 113,000
  4. Special Assistant to the President and Director of Communications for the First Lady - 102,000
  5. Special Assistant to the President and Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady - 102,000
  6. Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady - 90,000
  7. Director and Press Secretary to the First Lady - 84,000
  8. Director of Scheduling and Advance for the First Lady - 75,000
  9. Deputy Director of Policy and Projects for the First Lady - 70,000
  10. Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary (1) - 65,000
  11. Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary (2) - 65,000
  12. Deputy Director of Scheduling and Events Coordinator For The First Lady - 62.000
  13. Deputy Director of Advance and Trip Director for the First Lady - 60,000
  14. Special Assistant and Personal Aide to the First Lady - 60,000
  15. Associate Director and Deputy Press Secretary To The First Lady - 52,500
  16. Special Assistant for Scheduling and Traveling Aide To The First Lady - 50,000
  17. Associate Director of Correspondence For The First Lady - 45,000
  18. Deputy Associate Director - 45,000
  19. Executive Assistant to the Chief Of Staff to the First Lady - $40,000
  20. Staff Assistant to the Social Secretary - 36,000
  21. Staff Assistant - $36,000
  22. Deputy Associate Director of Correspondence for the First Lady - 36,000

Old 04-08-2016, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
LOL, this is the same sleazy lawyer parsing that Cruz engages in. We all know that Cruz and other candidates coordinate with PACs, despite what the law says and the picture was clearly an attack on Melania Trump. The mental gymnastics that Cruz supporters put themselves through to keep up the illusion that he is anything other than a scumbag is staggering.
I am not a Cruz supporter. I can hold my nose and vote for him.

Old 04-08-2016, 09:55 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,138,411 times
I agree with OldHag1 that the potential First Lady should not be left out it. That is why it is important to look at Heidi Cruz. We all know about the police report of her being a possible danger to herself while sitting on the ground about 10 feet from a busy roadway, face in her hands and her bout and possible continued issues with depression. That matters too!

In her defense, married to Ted without a viable way out............ This seemed to correlate with the "alleged" sexcapades of Ted Cruz. All VERY relevant. We don't need another POTUS or First Man (Bill Clinton, can't call him a "gentleman") that can't keep it in their pants when it comes to other women! There is a blackmail risk not to mention the shame it brings to our country.

We need stable and moral people in the White House. Both Clinton and Cruz are the biggest liars the US has ever seen. They both think they are SO much smarter than we are and can use "word play, lawyer double talk" but, gee, even us old uneducated Trump supporters see through their deceit.

Am I the only one that noticed that like Cruz, his "followers" always turn the discussion to Trump?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections