Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 06:03 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,850,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
I'm sure President Trump will be heart broken....

bill
Of course it won't bother him at all, but it sure as Hell makes me feel a lot better !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2016, 06:08 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,199,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Let's ask the Trumpees this question. When have you ever seen the mass protests in the streets after ANY election ? Never. You can chalk it up to sore losers, but it is much more than that, a huge number of people are not accepting this election result.

I know exactly how they feel, I will never use the word "President" and "Donald Trump" together, he is NOT my President and never will be. He does not represent my values, my beliefs, or anything I want for America.

Call it what you will, but I will never change my mind, ever.
Good for you Don ....

When have you ever seen the number of people with something to lose due to the results of an election ?

Illegals, drug traffickers, government freeloaders in record numbers ... might help explain the protests.

Old 11-11-2016, 06:11 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
Let's ask the Trumpees this question. When have you ever seen the mass protests in the streets after ANY election ? Never. You can chalk it up to sore losers, but it is much more than that, a huge number of people are not accepting this election result.
Hahahahaha

The protest here in Charlotte involved 30 people. This in a metro of 2.2 million people.

The CMPD tossed two of them in jail.

This ought to tell you everything you need to know.

Old 11-11-2016, 06:26 AM

3,197 posts, read 5,377,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hahahahaha

The protest here in Charlotte involved 30 people. This in a metro of 2.2 million people.

The CMPD tossed two of them in jail.

This ought to tell you everything you need to know.
Don't fret, the protests will be huge this weekend.

I just hope they don't turn violent.

Old 11-11-2016, 06:59 AM

251 posts, read 169,024 times
Sure he Is thats why Americans voted him in as our President

The Clintons and Obama = Treason/sellouts

Old 11-11-2016, 07:02 AM

73,032 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vondutch View Post
Sure he Is thats why Americans voted him in as our President

The Clintons and Obama = Treason/sellouts
I didn't vote for Trump. I voted for Johnson. Hilary is a snake, Donald is a bully/bigot.

Old 11-11-2016, 08:24 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,847,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I voted for Hillary. I am not on the streets crying. Why?

You state that protests are about not accepting the election result. If Hillary had won you'd be seeing similar protests, don't kid yourself. And the protests technically are against half of America that voted for Trump, not Trump or the election itself.

One President NEVER represents everyone's values, beliefs, etc. There are always tens of millions who feel the President elect isn't the one because they didn't vote for that person. Well, whether I like it or not Trump IS my President. The result is all part of democracy and what the USA was built on.

People will divide this country, not Trump. Those are YOUR words above, not Trumps, that you will never change your mind. Just make sure you look in the mirror IF the divide in this country widens, because it's We The Peoples fault and not simply one person or even one government.
If this were anyone else; say a Rubio or Bush, I would agree with what you are saying.

However, we would have to go back pretty far in our history as a nation to find such a horrible specimen to become our president.

The man has no morals, values or empathy toward mankind. His hatred of anyone that is not pure white is a stain on the face of humanity.

His lack of respect for women, Hispanics, Muslims, disabled Americans is down right ugly.

I think his brilliant wife will reign him in somewhat, since she is an immigrant and she knows the perils of living and coming from a former communist country.

He will never have my respect. I will be watching his wife, our new First Lady, just as I watched, Laura Bush, Barbara Bush and Nancy Reagan. And one of the best, Hillary Clinton, all special First Ladies that had great influence on their husbands. First Ladies don't get the credit they so profoundly deserve.

Old 11-11-2016, 08:40 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,661,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
If this were anyone else; say a Rubio or Bush, I would agree with what you are saying.

However, we would have to go back pretty far in our history as a nation to find such a horrible specimen to become our president.

The man has no morals, values or empathy toward mankind. His hatred of anyone that is not pure white is a stain on the face of humanity.

His lack of respect for women, Hispanics, Muslims, disabled Americans is down right ugly.

I think his brilliant wife will reign him in somewhat, since she is an immigrant and she knows the perils of living and coming from a former communist country.

He will never have my respect. I will be watching his wife, our new First Lady, just as I watched, Laura Bush, Barbara Bush and Nancy Reagan. And one of the best, Hillary Clinton, all special First Ladies that had great influence on their husbands. First Ladies don't get the credit they so profoundly deserve.
Mine either. He's some specimen alright. I understand the disenfranchised wanting "change." They're frustrated and angry. But, this guy isn't gonna do it. He'll become more of the "problem" actually. My take on it. I don't get why Rustbelt people think he'll help them. He was born w/ a silver spoon in his mouth. He's a billionaire. Do they think he feels for them--really?! It's about his agenda--himself!

Old 11-11-2016, 08:44 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,057,672 times
Quote:

I know exactly how they feel, I will never use the word "President" and "Donald Trump" together, he is NOT my President and never will be. He does not represent my values, my beliefs, or anything I want for America.

Call it what you will, but I will never change my mind, ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I voted for Hillary. I am not on the streets crying. Why?

You state that protests are about not accepting the election result. If Hillary had won you'd be seeing similar protests, don't kid yourself. And the protests technically are against half of America that voted for Trump, not Trump or the election itself.

One President NEVER represents everyone's values, beliefs, etc. There are always tens of millions who feel the President elect isn't the one because they didn't vote for that person. Well, whether I like it or not Trump IS my President. The result is all part of democracy and what the USA was built on.

People will divide this country, not Trump. Those are YOUR words above, not Trumps, that you will never change your mind. Just make sure you look in the mirror IF the divide in this country widens, because it's We The Peoples fault and not simply one person or even one government.
metalmancpa: Thank you for your voice of reason!

Old 11-11-2016, 08:46 AM

99,601 posts, read 4,493,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Good for you Don ....

When have you ever seen the number of people with something to lose due to the results of an election ?

Illegals, drug traffickers, government freeloaders in record numbers ... might help explain the protests.
Those "freeloaders" include Medicare recipients.

Paul Ryan Says Medicare Privatization Is On
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections