Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 02:48 PM

1,009 posts, read 709,100 times

Advertisements

[quote=lisan23;43644613]I am not voting Republican at all however as an American citizen who loathes everything Donald Trump stands for I will not just here quietly while people praise his horrific behavior.

Add Hillary to this her behavior and attidute is sickening , but her supporters don't see through her or they are just in denial . The queens cares for no one but herself she is beyond disgusting and has no morals . I as an American loath her .

I don't have a crystal ball as some of you do, but there is a good chance that Mr Trump will be our President .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 02:54 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,341,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Trump is now the most disliked politician in modern times

Really? I guess it depends on what are "Modern Times". Why do people believe this propaganda without even a second thought? Lazy? Deliberate Lies? or is just blind bias?

NO - Trump doesn't have the most unfavorable polling numbers "in Modern Times". I remember another Candidate that had numbers a bit worse - the voters like him, the Political Elites & Media did not.

That prize goes to Ronald Reagan - who had a 70% Unfavorability Rating on April 15, 1980 and a "highly mediocre 34% in National Polling" on the same date.

Washington Post - April 15, 1980

One is a poll by the George Gallup organization published Sunday. Nationally, it showed Anderson collecting 21 percent of the support of registered voters compared with 34 percent for Ronald Reagan, the likely GOP nominee, and 39 percent for President Carter.

The other poll was taken by the Los Angeles Times on March 25, the day of the New York primary. It asked Republican and Democratic voters to record favorable and unfavorable impressions of candidates.

Anderson finished in the poll with a 68 percent favorable rating. Sen. Edward M. Kennedy was second with a 60 percent favorable rating followed by President Carter with 51 percent and Ronald Reagan with 30 percent.

Just as now - the Media (and Political Elite) were pushing John Anderson to get in the race as an Independent or 3rd Party candidate. The main difference between 1980 & 2016 is the blatant Anti-Trump campaign, they were a bit more circumspect back in 1980 and the blatant Media bias and RNC Manipulation. Social Media of today means we know more about what goes on this back rooms.

They were ALL wrong about Ronald Reagan - he was speaking TO and FOR the people who were totally FED-UP with the Debacle of the Carter Administration. The real difference is that Trump has never held any Political Office - he is Business man who is putting his family, his reputation and HIS Money on the line.

Interesting Times -

Oh, the old "Reagan in 1980" Trumpette comparison again? One more time, just for you

This Is Not 1980, And Donald Trump Is Not Ronald Reagan | RedState

Heres more for you

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-n...401-story.html

Old 04-08-2016, 02:56 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,195,632 times
6 out of 10 hate Cruz. I'm sure it's similar for Clinton.

Old 04-08-2016, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
6 out of 10 hate Cruz. I'm sure it's similar for Clinton.
People still like Cruz and even Hillary more than Trump...

Trump’s unfavorability has risen in recent weeks, climbing from 58% in mid-February to 69%, according to this week’s poll. For comparison, 59% of Americans viewed Ted Cruz unfavorably in the latest poll, and 55% said the same of Hillary Clinton.

Old 04-08-2016, 03:13 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,195,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
People still like Cruz and even Hillary more than Trump...

Trump’s unfavorability has risen in recent weeks, climbing from 58% in mid-February to 69%, according to this week’s poll. For comparison, 59% of Americans viewed Ted Cruz unfavorably in the latest poll, and 55% said the same of Hillary Clinton.
Cruz and Hillary aren't getting near the negative attention/spending, granted Trump brought some of it on himself. I used to hate trump, then I came around to liking and supporting him bc I believe he's real and genuine. He's far from perfect but he actually can be a likable person, unlike Cruz and Hillary.

Old 04-08-2016, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Cruz and Hillary aren't getting near the negative attention/spending, granted Trump brought some of it on himself. I used to hate trump, then I came around to liking and supporting him bc I believe he's real and genuine. He's far from perfect but he actually can be a likable person, unlike Cruz and Hillary.
Really? Trump has received over $2 BILLION in free airtime. How much of it has been used attacking Cruz the past 4 months? Hundreds of millions Im sure. Why would you need attack ads when you can just do it yourself at every rally, press conference and news event you hold that gets blasted all over every news channel for free?

Old 04-08-2016, 03:25 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,201,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Really? Trump has received over $2 BILLION in free airtime. How much of it has been used attacking Cruz the past 4 months? Hundreds of millions Im sure. Why would you need attack ads when you can just do it yourself at every rally, press conference and news event you hold that gets blasted all over every news channel for free?
If Cruz had a personality, he would've gotten more air time as well. Please let him know he can pick up a personality at Trump Tower while he's in NYC this week.

Old 04-08-2016, 03:43 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,361,820 times
[quote=shopalcholic;43647832]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
I am not voting Republican at all however as an American citizen who loathes everything Donald Trump stands for I will not just here quietly while people praise his horrific behavior.

Add Hillary to this her behavior and attidute is sickening , but her supporters don't see through her or they are just in denial . The queens cares for no one but herself she is beyond disgusting and has no morals . I as an American loath her .

I don't have a crystal ball as some of you do, but there is a good chance that Mr Trump will be our President .
I'm not voting for Hillary or Bernie either.

Trump does not have the support from the general population to win an election. The numbers are against him. It requires no crystal ball to see that people genuinely dislike Trump more than many of the other candidates.

Old 04-08-2016, 03:47 PM

7,640 posts, read 8,715,152 times
I think Hillary Clinton is the most disliked. As someone pointed it out, even the people who vote for her don't like her.

Old 04-08-2016, 05:09 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,361,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
I think Hillary Clinton is the most disliked. As someone pointed it out, even the people who vote for her don't like her.
Hillary is at 55% in unfavorability, Trump is at 65%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections