Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 05:09 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,698,416 times

Advertisements

So, I guess the trump followers will heap disdain on the AP for this poll? And, it is over a 2 month period, so the recent abortion, etc., stuff is only part of it. Bummer.

from the article: "Another problem for Trump is that his public perception seems to be getting worse. The number of Americans who view him unfavorably has risen more than 10 percentage points since mid-February, a two-month stretch that has included some of his biggest primary victories but also an array of stumbles that suggested difficulties with his campaign organization and a lack of policy depth."

"Even in the South, a region where Trump has won GOP primaries decisively, close to 70 percent view him unfavorably. And among whites without a college education, one of Trump’s most loyal voting blocs, 55 percent have a negative opinion."

That lack of policy depth, coupled with lack of ability to stop the twitter trumpertantrums, and constant nastiness towards anyone who crosses him, appear to be turning people off. Yep, trump doesn't seem to wear well, and is starting to wear on people's nerves.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ap-gfk-po...-election.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 05:13 AM

11,769 posts, read 5,785,673 times
You like him or you don't. Repeatedly posting articles - is not going to change anyone's mind. Each candidate and President has seen their favorability ratings rise and fall - even Obama. Because at one point only 38% of the population viewed Obama in a favorable light - should we have taken the job away from him?

Old 04-08-2016, 05:15 AM

953 posts, read 842,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
... That lack of policy depth, coupled with lack of ability to stop the twitter trumpertantrums, and constant nastiness towards anyone who crosses him, appear to be turning people off. Yep, trump doesn't seem to wear well, and is starting to wear on people's nerves.
He lacks all the traits that someone should have going for them ... civility, calmness, rationality and the ability to accept differing viewpoints. Of course, that is a very short list.

Old 04-08-2016, 05:19 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,410,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
You like him or you don't. Repeatedly posting articles - is not going to change anyone's mind. Each candidate and President has seen their favorability ratings rise and fall - even Obama. Because at one point 38% of the population viewed Obama in an unfavorable light - should we have taken the job away from him?

Is anyone suggesting Trump should quit his campaign due to low favorables? I personally would love for him to win the nomination--he is without question the easiest path to the White House for the Democrats.

Old 04-08-2016, 05:21 AM

25,943 posts, read 22,098,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
You like him or you don't. Repeatedly posting articles - is not going to change anyone's mind. Each candidate and President has seen their favorability ratings rise and fall - even Obama. Because at one point only 38% of the population viewed Obama in a favorable light - should we have taken the job away from him?
Excellent post. I doubt it will sink in, but I appreciate your effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura 524 View Post
He lacks all the traits that someone should have going for them ... civility, calmness, rationality and the ability to accept differing viewpoints. Of course, that is a very short list.
Compare and contrast with the other candidates? Will you actually vote or be qualified to vote in the election? Everything is relative.

Considering the issues with the other candidates, Trump is doing just fine. Live with it.

Old 04-08-2016, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post

Is anyone suggesting Trump should quit his campaign due to his low favorables? I personally would love for him to win the nomination--he is without question the easiest path to the White House for the Democrats.
Any opponent running against Trump in a general election would be victorious. The only question would be the extent of the margin.

Old 04-08-2016, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Excellent post. I doubt it will sink in, but I appreciate your effort.

Compare and contrast with the other candidates? Will you actually vote or be qualified to vote in the election? Everything is relative.

Considering the issues with the other candidates, Trump is doing just fine. Live with it.
In essence, they all suck. Nobody who wins will do anything that they claimed they would during their campaigns. Of course, I live with it ... alternative options are starkly limited.

Old 04-08-2016, 06:49 AM

957 posts, read 1,132,740 times
I don't believe these loose polls, I think that many, due to anti-Trump h24 negative ads bombardment, are intimidated to show openly support for Trump, and especially on every plans of him.
I think that, if he gets the nominee, at that point, fearing some backlash also at the senators/deputies elections, the GOP will stop wagin war at him so the polls among public opinione will get better.

Old 04-08-2016, 07:03 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,195,071 times
The OP, like a few other posters here, is a on a C-D mission to disparage Trump to the point where one C-D poster will change his/her mind and not vote for Trump. I encourage her to keep trying as she watches all of the other candidates get annihilated in the Northeast by the one she hates.

Old 04-08-2016, 07:10 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,070,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
The OP, like a few other posters here, is a on a C-D mission to disparage Trump to the point where one C-D poster will change his/her mind and not vote for Trump. I encourage her to keep trying as she watches all of the other candidates get annihilated in the Northeast by the one she hates.
You posted 87 times yesterday alone. If anyone is on a mission, it's you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections