Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 10:34 AM

4,078 posts, read 2,341,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
There is nothing to debate. They have the same policy positions. Cruz has plagerized all of Donald Trump's policy papers. That's why they debate the size of Trump's hands. There is nothing to talk about.
Really? Trump changes his policy positions daily. Cruz didn't steal anything. While that pathetic fraud Trump was a liberal funding Democrat backing politicians who support illegal immigration, Obamacare, Planned Parenthood etc...Cruz was in Washington fighting against it. Trump was against everything he now claims he's for because he's a pathetic fraud pandering to Republicans to win votes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2016, 11:03 AM

4,204 posts, read 2,343,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Really? Trump changes his policy positions daily. Cruz didn't steal anything. While that pathetic fraud Trump was a liberal funding Democrat backing politicians who support illegal immigration, Obamacare, Planned Parenthood etc...Cruz was in Washington fighting against it. Trump was against everything he now claims he's for because he's a pathetic fraud pandering to Republicans to win votes.
No senator has flip-flopped on issues more than Ted Cruz. He says one thing and does the complete opposite. Look at his horrific record.

Trump gave money to democrats because he is a business man in a liberal city. He has common sense. Cruz has never ran a lemonade stand. Cruz has 72% of Republican voters again him, and can't even get anywhere near Trump in votes.

Old 04-09-2016, 11:10 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,201,005 times
Quote:
really? Trump changes his policy positions daily. cruz didn't steal anything. while that pathetic fraud trump was a liberal funding democrat backing politicians who support illegal immigration, obamacare, planned parenthood etc...cruz was in washington fighting against it. Trump was against everything he now claims he's for because he's a pathetic fraud pandering to republicans to win votes.
w-a-l-l

Old 04-09-2016, 11:14 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,284,785 times
Quote:
There is nothing to debate. They have the same policy positions. Cruz has plagerized all of Donald Trump's policy papers. That's why they debate the size of Trump's hands. There is nothing to talk about.
Exactly! Debates became cash cows for the networks. Every time they came up short somebody said, hey, let's throw a debate. Trump said it most succinctly, as only he can. How many times the same people can ask the same questions? Trump has nothing to say to Cruz.

Old 04-09-2016, 11:19 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,284,785 times
Quote:
Cruz was in Washington fighting against it.
Fighting? What did he stop? Budget was passed, Obamacare was funded, refugees were funded, government didn't shut down. Exactly what did he do other than making a fool of himself up at the podium? Called McConnel a liar and now has had to eat his words and kiss up to him. There is not a single signature idea of his that I can think of. He recites the meaningless conservative manifesto that everyone runs on but quickly abandons when elected.

Old 04-09-2016, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Fighting? What did he stop? Budget was passed, Obamacare was funded, refugees were funded, government didn't shut down. Exactly what did he do other than making a fool of himself up at the podium? Called McConnel a liar and now has had to eat his words and kiss up to him. There is not a single signature idea of his that I can think of. He recites the meaningless conservative manifesto that everyone runs on but quickly abandons when elected.
What do you expect him to do when he's fighting RINOs in Washington like McConnell and many others who side with liberal Democrats and vote in favor of this garbage? He's one of the ONLY politicians in Washington who is fighting for the people and the constitution and he doesn't play ball with the sellouts, thats why he's so hated and thats exactly why we need him in the White House. Not a flip-flopping fraud like Trump who has made a career off crony capitalism and being in bed with corrupt politicians on both sides.

Old 04-09-2016, 11:47 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,201,005 times
Quote:
What do you expect him to do when he's fighting RINOs in Washington like McConnell and many others who side with liberal Democrats and vote in favor of this garbage? He's one of the ONLY politicians in Washington who is fighting for the people and the constitution and he doesn't play ball with the sellouts, thats why he's so hated and thats exactly why we need him in the White House. Not a flip-flopping fraud like Trump who has made a career off crony capitalism and being in bed with corrupt politicians on both sides.
Who's funding the Cruz campaign ? And what do you think they expect in return ?

Old 04-09-2016, 11:49 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,623,465 times
well, I don't think debates will help either one of them.

People will realize Ted Cruz is just a more politically correct version of Donald Trump.

This said, one on one debates perhaps will help Donald Trump a little because Donald Trump is much more socially liberal compare to Ted Cruz.

Old 04-09-2016, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Who's funding the Cruz campaign ? And what do you think they expect in return ?
Have you seen Trump's portfolio? The big banks and big corporations he's in bed with? You dont think he wants to make sure his money and their interests are protected? You dont think they want something in return? You think Trump is just some random guy who cares so much about the American people? LOL!!!!!! wake up man. He's a billionaire elitist who is the very definition of crony capitalism. He's far more corrupt than any politician.

Old 04-09-2016, 12:00 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,337,246 times
Quote:
No senator has flip-flopped on issues more than Ted Cruz. He says one thing and does the complete opposite. Look at his horrific record.

Trump gave money to democrats because he is a business man in a liberal city. He has common sense. Cruz has never ran a lemonade stand. Cruz has 72% of Republican voters again him, and can't even get anywhere near Trump in votes.
I agree with this 100%.

I live in NYC and, whether I like it or not (and I don't), acknowledge the fact that it is going to remain a liberal/democratic city well beyond the duration of my life (another ~ 40 years based on life expectancy data). I can neither wish this fact away nor change enough peoples' minds (I'd be lucky to persuade just one person). As such, I can learn to live with this fact or relocate and I've chosen the latter though it might be too soon to do so in the next few months.

Trump is a businessman who works in this environment. He realizes that, in order to move forward with projects, it's best for his company to have goodwill with elected officials (the vast majority of whom are Democrats). One way of establishing goodwill is by supporting their campaigns. It seems like a practical move to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections