Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 08:32 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,976,616 times

Advertisements

Debating helped Trump before. His refusal to debate made him lose Iowa and Wisconsin, and he can insist only participating under criteria which Kasich cannot meet to further sideline him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2016, 08:57 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
Debating helped Trump before. His refusal to debate made him lose Iowa and Wisconsin, and he can insist only participating under criteria which Kasich cannot meet to further sideline him.
He's a chicken, he's not about to debate again. In a way I don't blame him, the last couple of debates his utter lack of knowledge and speaking off-the-cuff has made him look like an idiot. Trump only does well when he's speaking to his supporters. The problem with that, of course, is that he can't win a general election with just his current supporters. Hopefully, it will mean he can't win the Republican nomination, either.

Old 04-09-2016, 09:00 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,252,674 times
That is about the last thing Trump should do. He built his candidacy on his off the cuff remarks, but that gets old and people start looking for substance eventually. He has none and another debate would simply showcase that. All Trump needs to do at this point is "cruz" to the convention and hope he can snatch victory from those who want to bring him down.

Old 04-09-2016, 09:04 AM

130 posts, read 58,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
That clown would lose way too badly.....

Old 04-09-2016, 09:06 AM

130 posts, read 58,814 times
^its best for him to avoid such things....

Old 04-09-2016, 09:37 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,201,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beauties View Post
Funny, I don't remember Cruz winning any of the previous debates against Trump.

Old 04-09-2016, 10:10 AM

4,078 posts, read 2,340,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beauties View Post
Yup. That pathetic clown Trump is scared. He knows he can't stand on a stage for two hours talking policies and specifics against Cruz. He would be slaughtered worse than he would be in a general election.

Old 04-09-2016, 10:15 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,813,834 times
I think debates are pointless right now. There have been 10,000 of these things already. Most voters have made up their minds and nothing either of them say is going to move the needle at all. All they'll do is snipe at each other and make controversy with the moderators.

Perhaps a town hall in some of the bigger states with tighter margins make sense, but that's about it.

Old 04-09-2016, 10:29 AM

4,204 posts, read 2,343,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Yup. That pathetic clown Trump is scared. He knows he can't stand on a stage for two hours talking policies and specifics against Cruz. He would be slaughtered worse than he would be in a general election.
There is nothing to debate. They have the same policy positions. Cruz has plagerized all of Donald Trump's policy papers. That's why they debate the size of Trump's hands. There is nothing to talk about.

Old 04-09-2016, 10:33 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,335,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
I think debates are pointless right now.
I agree completely. I wouldn't even watch. However, I have enjoyed the individual town halls with a moderator and the audience asking questions...IMO that gives a much better measure of the candidate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections