Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 09:59 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,524,460 times

Advertisements

Like we don't know how this plays out. LOL.

For over 60 years now, the Democrat's leading political candidates have given lip service to black people as a special group that they apparently believe need special attention, coddling and support, separate and apart from the rest of the country.

For over 60 years, the vast majority of black people have voted as a virtually unified block in support of this pandering party and its pandering politicians.

For over 60 years now, literally the next day after the election, the Democrats have tossed these promises aside like a used napkin after an all you can eat buffet, from which they have gotten their fill and now have no more use.

And now we have one of the most notorious liars (and her husband, who is also impressively credentialed on this score) that our political class has ever produced, who is campaigning for high office and is now rolling out the same old tricks and telling these people what they seem to want to hear as part of her campaign effort.

If the past pattern holds, they will believe it again, unbelievable though it clearly is, and then she and the Democrats will drop these promises and concerns into the political refuse bin, literally the next day after the election is over.

Does anyone truly believe otherwise?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2016, 10:14 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,468,776 times
I think there is a lot of truth to what you are saying.

I'm kind of tired of the special attention, coddling and support of ANY group....especially when we know that a lot of these politicians actually are focused on the needs of the wealthy and huge corporations which fund their campaigns.

Trump seems to be the only one that has just come up with a more generic "Make America Great Again" slogan. Rather than making it better for blacks,whites,gays, the religious right, gun owners or some other group.
I think this has actually been a lot of his appeal. The one group he's specified he doesn't want to make things great for is illegal immigrants, who can't vote anyways.

This pandering to 'groups' , whether it's Dems pandering to minorities ,gays or Republicans pandering to the "religious right" , gun lovers ,etc has just gotten annoying.

It's probably gotten worse as statistics and polls have gotten more advanced and campaigns can narrow down into how many X of what group are in X city .

Old 04-09-2016, 10:21 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,117,050 times
Speaking as a hardcore liberal, I'm so sick of the BLM people. Simple solution to the high incarceration rates with black men... Stop committing crimes.

Old 04-09-2016, 10:38 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,468,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Speaking as a hardcore liberal, I'm so sick of the BLM people. Simple solution to the high incarceration rates with black men... Stop committing crimes.
Yes, I can't believe that are people out there advocating for LESS police in their neighborhoods...and LESS thugs to be locked up.

Why is Bill Clinton and other dems pandering to a group like BLM that wants to scream racism at everything...yet are actually the biggest racists themselves..

Examples
Black Lives Matter Mob Invades Dartmouth Library, Reportedly Harasses White Students Relentlessly:

And it's not just the lemmings and followers of the BLM ...but also the cofounder is super racist
Black Lives Matter co-founder tweets about killing "men and white folks" - CityNews

I really think that BLM should be treated like a terrorist organization or hate group at this point.

Old 04-09-2016, 10:42 AM

1,549 posts, read 1,063,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
This is just WEAK of Clinton...giving into BLM while campaigning for Hillary.

I guess BLM doesn't care about crime in communities committed by black people against black people?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/09/us...phia.html?_r=0
It's typical of liberals to flip-flop. Acts of desperation are setting upon the Democratic Party, and it seems they don't really know which direction they want to go to try to get as many votes as they can from anyone. Even centrists and independents can see that entire party for what it has become, and they'll likely just stay away.

Old 04-09-2016, 10:51 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,724,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
This is just WEAK of Clinton...giving into BLM while campaigning for Hillary.

I guess BLM doesn't care about crime in communities committed by black people against black people?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/09/us...phia.html?_r=0
Sad, because that was one of his finer moments.

He has political skills that Hillary can only dream of. But to back-peddle and express regret for doing the right thing knocks him right back down to her low level.

Old 04-09-2016, 10:53 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,813,090 times
Eh. When politicians say things we agree with, they are smart, visionary leaders. When they say something the other guy agrees with, they're "pandering".

When you go out trying to win votes you are supposed to talk about the things you and the potential voters you are speaking with believe in common. And if you inadvertently **** off those voters, you are supposed to apologize and/or clarify your position.

The Clintons have always had this tough on crime/big on national defense stance, but they try to do it bundled with progressive policies... which is the stance Bill was trying to defend the other day. I don't love the Clintons but they have been consistent about that. I don't think he was pandering at all.

Old 04-09-2016, 12:21 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
As the Queen of England, I question your definition of yourself.

We should keep on putting people in prison for pot possession?

Old 04-09-2016, 12:27 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,471,473 times
Regrets expressing his true feelings/opinions on the matter?

There's the character of a politician for you, front and center. They will say anything just for a vote, in this case, to get votes for his wife. Pathetic.

Old 04-09-2016, 12:28 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,329,154 times
I'm just sorry that Bill is saying sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections