Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 01:18 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times

Advertisements

Bill was right in what he said. But he knows there is no point arguing with these people. It makes more sense to Hillary and her campaign just to shine them now and then blow them off like usual the day after the election. Hence the "apology".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2016, 01:41 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,116,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
As the Queen of England, I question your definition of yourself.

We should keep on putting people in prison for pot possession?
Nice try.

People don't actually go to prison right away for possession of pot. It just happens that I used to be a cop in my previous career. People who were arrested for possession were processed the released after they've posted bond. It's actually more similar to a DUI arrest than most people realize.

And like DUI arrest, being arrested for possession many times can land you in prison.

Yes, I identify myself as a liberal. I also live in reality. The system is extraordinarily easy on first time offenders.

Here is an example. After I left the state police (yes, I was a state trooper), I stayed in contact with some of the guys I worked with. I moved on to becoming an engineer while some of them moved on to becoming special agents and detectives. Last time we got together for a drink, they told me about a case from 2 years ago. There was a guy that figured out how to cheat best buy out of $20,000. Wasn't just 1 store. It was like 50+ stores over 3 months or so. They arrested him. Even though it was dozens of stores over months, it was still considered a first time offense. So, he was given a 2 years probation and had 2 years to pay back the $20k.

All these incarcerations that regressive liberals and the BLM people point out always involve repeat offenders.

I'm going to say something that regressive liberals don't want to hear. It's incredibly easy to not get arrested. I've managed to do it in 30 years. My boyfriend has managed to not get arrested for 25 years. My parents have managed to not get arrested for 70+ years.

The BLM people would actually get my support if they would actually police people in their own communities and stop defending gang bangers.

Old 04-09-2016, 01:46 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Bill Clinton paid the price for accidentally telling the truth | New York Post

Bill ripped the BLM folks for “defending the people who killed the lives you say matter” and challenged them to “tell the truth.”

“Because of that bill,” he noted, “we have a 25-year low in crime, a 33-year low in murder rate . . . Whose lives were saved that mattered?”

Yet many on the left don’t like to hear the truth. Indeed, the Democratic Party has shifted so far that those policies are now deemed racist — and Bill’s remarks wound up infuriating some of the very voters Hillary needs to fend off Bernie Sanders.

So quick as a wink, Bill apologized.
_______

It's a shame that a former President and someone that has a good potential to be the next President (Hillary) can't stand up to this group. A group who has proven to harass and attack people and has a cofounder tweeting about Praying to Allah that she doesn't kill men and white people..

Old 04-09-2016, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Nice try.

People don't actually go to prison right away for possession of pot. It just happens that I used to be a cop in my previous career. People who were arrested for possession were processed the released after they've posted bond. It's actually more similar to a DUI arrest than most people realize.

And like DUI arrest, being arrested for possession many times can land you in prison.

Yes, I identify myself as a liberal. I also live in reality. The system is extraordinarily easy on first time offenders.

Here is an example. After I left the state police (yes, I was a state trooper), I stayed in contact with some of the guys I worked with. I moved on to becoming an engineer while some of them moved on to becoming special agents and detectives. Last time we got together for a drink, they told me about a case from 2 years ago. There was a guy that figured out how to cheat best buy out of $20,000. Wasn't just 1 store. It was like 50+ stores over 3 months or so. They arrested him. Even though it was dozens of stores over months, it was still considered a first time offense. So, he was given a 2 years probation and had 2 years to pay back the $20k.

All these incarcerations that regressive liberals and the BLM people point out always involve repeat offenders.

I'm going to say something that regressive liberals don't want to hear. It's incredibly easy to not get arrested. I've managed to do it in 30 years. My boyfriend has managed to not get arrested for 25 years. My parents have managed to not get arrested for 70+ years.

The BLM people would actually get my support if they would actually police people in their own communities and stop defending gang bangers.
True , very good point.
But it's always someone else's fault.

You think BLM would actually do anything productive like that?
It's much more fun to interrupt political rallies

Also all the crack dealing isn't the thug's fault...don't you know it was the CIA that is to blame for the crack epidemic in America's ghettos?

Old 04-09-2016, 02:18 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,116,131 times
Just like how the Republican Party is being hijacked or has already been hijacked by the religious nuts and the tea party, the Democratic Party is in danger of being hijacked by the regressive liberals.

I for one will not go along with the regressive liberal fantasyland that blames everyone else for the high incarceration and recidivism rates that plague the black community.

Old 04-09-2016, 02:23 PM

Now there is 'outrage' by his apology.....

Bill Clinton Almost Apologizes for His Confrontation with Protesters - The Root

Also this is kind of disturbing...
Hillary Clinton Says She Agrees Her Role In Mass Incarceration Was A Mistake | ThinkProgress

So....what are we supposed to do with criminals? ...NOT lock them up and just continue to let them do what they are doing...just have an attitude of ..."Oh no Biggie...don't worry about it Mr. Gangbanger , Mr.Robber , Mr. Drug Dealer ...just carry on with your day" ??

Sorry, I think being weak on crime is a horrible , horrible idea.

Old 04-09-2016, 02:30 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,329,082 times
All lives matter!

Old 04-09-2016, 02:38 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Speaking as a hardcore liberal, I'm so sick of the BLM people. Simple solution to the high incarceration rates with black men... Stop committing crimes.
You deserve a rep. I've been afraid to say this.

Once I wrote that a Black friend agreed with me and the response from another C-D member was that I probably don't have any Black friends, since I'm White. It's often difficult to have an honest discussion about race without being called a racist.

Old 04-09-2016, 02:42 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
As the Queen of England, I question your definition of yourself.

We should keep on putting people in prison for pot possession?
How many people are currently in a Federal prison for pot possession? In fact, there are very few in state prisons for possession of marijuana.

Old 04-09-2016, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
How many people are currently in a Federal prison for pot possession? In fact, there are very few in state prisons for possession of marijuana.
By "possession of marijuana" , the reality is probably not that it was a joint or a small personal amount..but rather a huge illegal grow room...oh and there were also some illegal firearms as well..did we mention all the stolen stuff that was found too?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections