Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 03:58 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,275,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
He's won his two elections. I think he knows what he's doing. He'll get his wife in office. That's the task at hand.

he won 2 elections because he was running not Hillary..........he barely cracked 42% in 1992.....and 49% in 1996.....getting his wife elected is a tougher task when she has "trust" issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2016, 04:30 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,291,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
You deserve a rep. I've been afraid to say this.

Once I wrote that a Black friend agreed with me and the response from another C-D member was that I probably don't have any Black friends, since I'm White. It's often difficult to have an honest discussion about race without being called a racist.

Sometimes, yes, that happens unjustly. You shouldn't be afraid to respectfully speak out against something. I'm sorry you feel that way.

IMO, the BLM message gets muddled and the focus is often misdirected. I'm not a huge fan. That doesn't mean I don't understand that there are issues that need to be addressed.

I'm a black woman.

Old 04-09-2016, 04:50 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,463,216 times
agree - police are racially profiling, often committing brutality and our prisons have an inordinate number of Black Americans in them - some it seems erroneously convicted.....would rather hear BLM be given a voice in other ways rather than them disrupting political rallies, though.

Old 04-09-2016, 06:02 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,275,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
agree - police are racially profiling, often committing brutality and our prisons have an inordinate number of Black Americans in them - some it seems erroneously convicted.....would rather hear BLM be given a voice in other ways rather than them disrupting political rallies, though.

our police overall are doing a great job.........Black Americans in prison are not angels......if there are "erroneous" convictions those are the exception and not the norm and we should deal with it on a case by case basis based on the law, evidence and constitution not just shouting the race card in public places and lumping every case into one.

if BLM wants to be taken seriously they should take on black on black crimes and the corruption from black politicians in the inner cities that have done an awful job on education and security to protect black lives.

Old 04-09-2016, 06:59 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,183,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
When do liberals not give in to minorities and criminals?
Isn't that the truth.....?
Reps to you

Old 04-09-2016, 08:09 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Nice try.

People don't actually go to prison right away for possession of pot. It just happens that I used to be a cop in my previous career. People who were arrested for possession were processed the released after they've posted bond. It's actually more similar to a DUI arrest than most people realize.
Former Federal Judge Regrets 55-Year Marijuana Sentence - ABC News

Quote:
And like DUI arrest, being arrested for possession many times can land you in prison.
Right where they belong, right?

Quote:
Yes, I identify myself as a liberal. I also live in reality. The system is extraordinarily easy on first time offenders.
For pot they shouldn't be offenders.....I think I'm done here.

Old 04-09-2016, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
How many people are currently in a Federal prison for pot possession? In fact, there are very few in state prisons for possession of marijuana.
Over 50% of the people in prison are there on drug offenses and over 25% of them are for pot. That is a lot of people for something that was harming no one.

Just How Much The War On Drugs Impacts Our Overcrowded Prisons, In One Chart

Old 04-09-2016, 08:18 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,117,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Former Federal Judge Regrets 55-Year Marijuana Sentence - ABC News

Right where they belong, right?

For pot they shouldn't be offenders.....I think I'm done here.
Pointing to an exception and try to pass it off as the norm? Good try.

Sorry, I've no sympathy for potheads and pot dealers.

Added by edit.

To further clarify, I'm a liberal, not a criminal sympathizer.

Old 04-09-2016, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Pointing to an exception and try to pass it off as the norm? Good try.

Sorry, I've no sympathy for potheads and pot dealers.

Added by edit.

To further clarify, I'm a liberal, not a criminal sympathizer.
As we type, on a Saturday night there are millions of people out getting drunk doing more damage than those getting arrested for pot.

How many have you had?

Old 04-09-2016, 08:27 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,142,609 times
Good Ole bill clinton...feeling the pressure huh?...apparently he's just as quick to buckle as he is to unbuckle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections