Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 08:32 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,117,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
As we type, on a Saturday night there are millions of people out getting drunk doing more damage than those getting arrested for pot.

How many have you had?
Pot? None.

I don't care if you don't believe me.

Just like how some conservatives think the tea partiers give conservatives a bad name, I think regressive liberals and criminal sympathizes give the rest of us liberals a bad name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2016, 08:33 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,182,160 times
Eh, the hag is making his life a living hell.....

I totally understand why he had to
get a sidepiece in that "marriage"
Poor guy, lol
I could make him feel better

Old 04-09-2016, 08:39 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Pot? None.
You know that isn't what I was asking.

Old 04-09-2016, 08:44 PM

Quote:
You know that isn't what I was asking.
Oh, alcohol tonight? None. My boyfriend and I enjoy our time together SOBER. We're watching house hunter international on netflix while in bed right now.

He's a college student. I'm an engineer. We don't really like the going-out-party scene thing.

Old 04-09-2016, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Oh, alcohol tonight? None. My boyfriend and I enjoy our time together SOBER. We're watching house hunter international on netflix while in bed right now.

He's a college student. I'm an engineer. We don't really like the going-out-party scene thing.
Tonight? So you do drink.....and yet.....you support arresting people and putting them in jail for at the most, no worse.

Very liberal of you.

Old 04-09-2016, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Tonight? So you do drink.....and yet.....you support arresting people and putting them in jail for at the most, no worse.

Very liberal of you.
Yes, I do drink.

Last I checked, drinking isn't illegal. Using pot is. Selling pot is. Selling pot while carrying a gun is. What's your point?

Added by edit.

Are you suggesting that part of being a liberal is I have to support breaking the law?

Old 04-09-2016, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Yes, I do drink.

Last I checked, drinking isn't illegal. Using pot is. Selling pot is. Selling pot while carrying a gun is. What's your point?

Added by edit.

Are you suggesting that part of being a liberal is I have to support breaking the law?
I think you've said enough.

Old 04-09-2016, 09:07 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,941,073 times
Quote:
[url=http://abcnews.go.com/US/federal-judge-regrets-55-year-marijuana-sentence/story?id=28869467]Former Federal Judge Regrets 55-Year Marijuana Sentence - ABC News[/url]
Did you bother to read the story you posted? You said people were serving time in Federal prisons for simple possession. I think I saw this story on Nightline. The man was a drug dealer and convicted during a sting operation. He was carrying an unregistered gun. As your article explains:

"The case went to Federal court and Angelos was convicted of selling narcotics while in possession of a firearm."

Saying that people are locked up simply for smoking pot is misleading and dishonest. Anyway, as the article also points out, the mandatory sentencing rules under which he was convicted were part of Reagan's "war on drugs" and had nothing to do with Clinton's 1994 Crime Bill.

I will agree, however, that 55 years is much too long. I also do not believe in mandatory sentences. Each case should be judged separately. Yes, it's true that the number or poor people and minorities incarcerated is disproportionate to the population, but that doesn't mean someone who commits a crime should get a slap on the wrist and sent home.

Old 04-09-2016, 09:12 PM

Quote:
I think you've said enough.
No, no, let's discuss this.

What don't you agree with?

The story you linked to the guy was a drug dealer while carrying a gun (unregistered no less).

And let me point out again, it is incredibly easy to avoid getting arrested and sent to prison. I've managed to avoid that for a good 30 years.

Old 04-09-2016, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Saying that people are locked up simply for smoking pot is misleading and dishonest.
I never said that. Nobody is put in jail for smoking. They are put in jail for possession. Buy a mirror.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections