Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 09:19 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
No, no, let's discuss this.

What don't you agree with?

The story you linked to the guy was a drug dealer while carrying a gun (unregistered no less).

And let me point out again, it is incredibly easy to avoid getting arrested and sent to prison. I've managed to avoid that for a good 30 years.
I've made my point as far as you are concerned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2016, 09:25 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,117,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I never said that. Nobody is put in jail for smoking. They are put in jail for possession. Buy a mirror.
You're muddying the water.

There's a huge difference between dealing drugs while carrying an unregistered gun and smoking it. Putting a blanket statement by calling it "possession" is like calling people going 10 over the speed limit as "criminal" because they break the law just like murderers and rapists.

Again, from my experience from my law enforcement days, people who were arrested for having in their possession illegal substances were treated very similarly to DUI cases. They'd get arrested, processed, taken to the county jail, and if they post bond then they are released awaiting for their court date. First time offenders almost always end up with just probation.

Do you have any law enforcement experience?

Old 04-10-2016, 01:02 AM

6,232 posts, read 3,612,299 times
I'll bet Hillary lit into him about costing her black votes. That's why he backtracked.

Old 04-10-2016, 04:24 AM

Quote:
You're muddying the water.
No, I am not. I'm not the one putting words in other people's mouths.

I really don't care about your law enforcement days. It's not why I questioned you. I've done more to show you are no liberal than you have done to show that I am not the Queen of England or made your point.

You're fine with drinking but support throwing people in jail for similar.

Old 04-10-2016, 04:31 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,202,821 times
Crime was in decline before the bill was passed and evidence has no shown it was the decline in lead in poor black communities that really dropped crime. It had nothing Do with locking everybody up and aggressive policing

The reality is the clintons never have done crap for black people and have actually been much more harm than good.

The dems are just as bad as the republicans

Old 04-10-2016, 07:11 AM

Quote:
No, I am not. I'm not the one putting words in other people's mouths.

I really don't care about your law enforcement days. It's not why I questioned you. I've done more to show you are no liberal than you have done to show that I am not the Queen of England or made your point.

You're fine with drinking but support throwing people in jail for similar.
Oh, ok I get it.

If you don't want to discuss it then fine.

You're like the mirror image of the right wing nut jobs that insist if one doesn't believe in the literal 6 day creation story from Genesis then one is not a real conservative.

Trust me, I'm as liberal as the anyone can get once you get to know my values. What I object to is people who claim I can't possibly be a liberal if I don't suck up to the BLM people or be a criminal sympathizer.

Old 04-10-2016, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Oh, ok I get it.

If you don't want to discuss it then fine.

You're like the mirror image of the right wing nut jobs that insist if one doesn't believe in the literal 6 day creation story from Genesis then one is not a real conservative.

Trust me, I'm as liberal as the anyone can get once you get to know my values. What I object to is people who claim I can't possibly be a liberal if I don't suck up to the BLM people or be a criminal sympathizer.
You've stated your values. There is nothing liberal about them. Those who want to relax by using pot shouldn't be a criminal any more than you for using alcohol.

Old 04-10-2016, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Crime was in decline before the bill was passed and evidence has no shown it was the decline in lead in poor black communities that really dropped crime. It had nothing Do with locking everybody up and aggressive policing

The reality is the clintons never have done crap for black people and have actually been much more harm than good.

The dems are just as bad as the republicans
Regardless of how people perceive what the clintons have done for black people, why do black people even demand politicians to do something for them in the first place?

This is the part of the BLM that I can't stand.

Suppose tomorrow I decide to start selling drugs and stealing from Walmart. Then when I get arrested is it fair for me to blame Obama for it? No. I'm ultimately responsible for my actions.

Old 04-10-2016, 07:18 AM

Quote:
You've stated your values. There is nothing liberal about them. Those who want to relax by using pot shouldn't be a criminal any more than you for using alcohol.
Ok, so I can't possibly be a criminal if I don't support using drugs? My brother then can't possibly be a conservative if he doesn't believe in the literal 6 day creation story.

Old 04-10-2016, 07:25 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,202,821 times
Quote:
Regardless of how people perceive what the clintons have done for black people, why do black people even demand politicians to do something for them in the first place?

This is the part of the BLM that I can't stand.

Suppose tomorrow I decide to start selling drugs and stealing from Walmart. Then when I get arrested is it fair for me to blame Obama for it? No. I'm ultimately responsible for my actions.
Why should any group do this?

What makes African Americans any different?

All I'm looking at is the massive amount of support African Americans supporting Hilary and it simply doesn't make sense when you look at her or her husbands record
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections