Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 06:43 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,958,241 times

Advertisements

A lot of Republicans will be angry if Kasich is made the nominee in Cleveland. Some are Trump supporters who will outraged that their man - who won most of the primaries - was cheated. Some from the Tea Party and Evangelical factions will see him as a RINO.

I seriously doubt he could win the election in November.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2016, 06:52 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,438,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Kasich has only won 1 state, his state because he is governor. He has been rejected or will be rejected in 49 states and the U.S. territories in the primaries.,.....yeah there is a problem if they give him the nomination like he won the lotto, many republicans will stay home.

that's like giving the nomination to Jeb Bush when he hasn't won a primary.....why bother with the primary process if at the end a group of elites will pick their own candidate.
Exactly.....why give it to Kasich, just because hes still in the race?If Jim Gilmore had stayed in and continued to get less than 1% would people be pushing him?I would have supported ANY of the 17 or 18 we started with if they had actually won the most votes but they didn't......If hell freezes over and Cruz wins the remaining primaries in a landslide and pulls ahead of Trump i'll go pull the lever for him in November,[and then spend the rest of the week in a bar].If they just ignore the primary results and give it to Kasich/JEB!/Romney/Ryan/Crosby-Stills-Nash-or Young i'm out....I'll help Gary Johnson break all records and get 2% for the Libertarians.

Old 04-09-2016, 07:00 PM

22,485 posts, read 12,029,286 times
Yes, it would be bad if they picked Kasich. He has said that one of the first things he would do if he became president would be to amnesty all the illegals (yes, all---even the worst of the worst) via an EO.

If it came down to either him or Hillary, I would vote third party.

Old 04-09-2016, 07:10 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,762,692 times
Kasich, Cruz, Clinton, Sanders they are all the same donor class whores. Only Trump is different...I hope...

Old 04-09-2016, 07:14 PM

39,246 posts, read 27,645,276 times
No, I won't be that bad.

Old 04-10-2016, 12:23 AM

8,893 posts, read 5,382,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Yeah, I know, it is the Huff Post... but they do have a point about the convention.

John Kasich Will Be the Republican Nominee for President
Yes, it would be. I suspect the "they" the article refers to isn't the Republican primary voters.

Old 04-10-2016, 12:57 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,657,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
He is liberal, but I'd suck it up and vote for him just to spite Hillary.
Of course you would and so would the Trumpets. They are all blowhards.. to a tee. "Establishment! Stolen nomination! Riot! Trump! Trump!" ... they'll line up and pull the lever for whomever their masters tell them to come November.

Old 04-10-2016, 05:47 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,052,604 times
It would be bad. He's been rejected in every state except his own and has few second place finishes. If he came from Rhode Island, he'd have even less delegates. It doesn't make you uneasy that George Soros gave him money?

I want to add that anyone who accepts the nomination after either not getting the majority of people to vote for them or because they didn't run at all has an ego as big as The Shanghai Tower.

Last edited by LauraC; 04-10-2016 at 06:13 AM..

Old 04-10-2016, 05:52 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,204,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Of course you would and so would the Trumpets. They are all blowhards.. to a tee. "Establishment! Stolen nomination! Riot! Trump! Trump!" ... they'll line up and pull the lever for whomever their masters tell them to come November.
As will you for whatever candidate you think you align with ...

Old 04-10-2016, 05:57 AM

25,978 posts, read 22,164,069 times
It won't be that bad for Kasich, but for the party, yes, it will be that bad. If they want to throw the race to Hillary, I guess it will be good since Kasich's nomination would assure a win for Hillary.

If Trump isn't the GOP nominee, I don't care who they choose. It is not so much whether he gets the required delegates, but how he has been treated by the GOP. They allowed him to be a candidate and then tried to submarine him. That is dirty and that is wrong.

The GOP are still pouting over Bush not getting out of the starting gate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections