Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 05:32 PM

112 posts, read 325,934 times

Advertisements

This is sad.....

You guys are getting really desperate. It's quite sad. This forum has been bombarded with silly threads, i.e. "Is Obama a communist?" and my personal favorite, "Why Obama is winning..."

Calm down guys. Stop panicking. Get a hold of yourself and your dignity and stop resorting to these silly and outrageous claims against Obama. There is a reason he is winning. Your slander will not sway any votes, sorry.

Let's be honest....has anyone on this forum who was for Obama going to vote against him because of these pathetic threads or are all the haters wasting their time?

Maybe this can put an end to it all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2008, 05:38 PM

116 posts, read 340,898 times
I am currently for Hillary, but if Obama gets the nomination, so be it. I'll then throw my support behind him.

And "here here" to Materialism (the person, not the concept).

Old 02-13-2008, 05:43 PM

1,053 posts, read 3,090,704 times
I say "haters wasting time". It's actually making me lean more towards Obama than I already am.

Old 02-13-2008, 05:53 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,252,689 times
I have friends in Texas that are just waiting to hear more about/from Barack Obama so that they can make up their minds. They say Hillary's negativity is turning them off, but they don't know anything about Obama. I sure hope he gets out and about in the Lone Star state soon. Nail-biting...and I think we still have a long slog until the Democrats have a candidate.

Old 02-13-2008, 05:59 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,189,379 times
Tell your friends to log into Obama's website.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:00 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Materialism View Post
Let's be honest....has anyone on this forum who was for Obama going to vote against him because of these pathetic threads or are all the haters wasting their time?

I've been hoping for a Bloomberg candidacy but might be convinced to vote for Obama just knowing how many disciples of "Taigunner Joe" he'd apparently send running for cover while they prayed for the protection of J Edgar's ghost.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Tell your friends to log into Obama's website.
I've sent them the link. They just want more exposure in their state. For the past few years they've had it in their minds that Hillary will be the candidate (and were proud that we were finally going to have a female in the White House) and so now they're on the verge of changing support to Obama...guess they want to see him "in action" and see if he will pay attention to Texas.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:08 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,013,272 times
OK, I'll be honest. I'm a Hillary supporter but when the campaign started I would have been pleased to support Edwards or Obama if she didn't get the nomination.

NO MORE. Obama will NOT get my vote because of the lies and nasty crap -- very little of it issues-based -- that his supporters have been promoting. The man himself called people who didn't support him "cynical" and "afraid of change." I want NO PART of this "movement" or this message and I will cast my vote for the Republican, likely McCain.

And I'll laugh my butt off when he whines as the Republicans pull out every nasty trick in the book.

Old 02-13-2008, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
And I'll laugh my butt off when he whines as the Republicans pull out every nasty trick in the book.
So, you think Obama will get the Democratic nomination?

Old 02-13-2008, 06:16 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,013,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post
So, you think Obama will get the Democratic nomination?
Unfortunately, it's quite possible. From the analysis I've seen, neither of them will have the necessary number of delegates to win. If it goes to the superdelegates, Hillary would win but Obama's people would raise a huge stink about the "unfairness" of it all and no doubt play the racist card. Hillary would be pushed to take the high road and step aside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections