Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 03:34 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
How is Donald beating Cruz so badly when he is surrounded by "incompetents" ?
This speaks for itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2016, 03:38 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livejack View Post
While I disagree with the 'system', it is what it is, and Cruz is showing a much better understanding of how the 'game' is played than Trump.

You are right...under the rules, he is not 'stealing' delegates.

Since Trump claims he can learn all he needs to know in a very, very short time (he is very intelligent, according to him) he and his team should have spent 5 minutes learning the rules.
I have to admit, I was very confused by all this myself when this primary season began, but I was sure Trump wasn't "stealing" delegates. For one thing, I didn't think it was even possible. Secondly, I don't believe Cruz would even do it if it was possible. I believe Cruz to be a man of his word, a sincere believer in God, and about as honest a man as you could find.

I made an effort to try to understand the systems (different for every state), but it's a daunting task for those of us who don't work in the "ditches" of politics. Rush has explained a lot of it, and I think I finally have grasped how it works. Trump just didn't bother to learn for himself what the rules are in the various states, so he "screwed up," basically. He campaigned before the primary and then left, thinking he had it in the bag. But it takes more than that, because delegates have not yet been chosen. Delegates are chosen at the State's Convention, which is held later. A candidate must do a lot of work to get delegates elected who are favorable to HIM. Trump screwed up by not doing this work. None of his people showed up on his behalf; thus, Cruz had the edge. Cruz was able to get delegates elected that were favorable to HIM. So, in a contested convention, he could win. Not on the first ballot, perhaps, but on the second.

Trumps own fault.

Old 05-02-2016, 03:48 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,841,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
How is Donald beating Cruz so badly when he is surrounded by "incompetents" ?
It's a head scratcher. But not really. We shall see what happens at the convention.

Old 05-02-2016, 04:13 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,841,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
This speaks for itself.
Like I said to LEFTee, we will see at the convention.

Old 05-02-2016, 04:16 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,120,263 times
This issue is moot.

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections