Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 06:50 AM

19,272 posts, read 17,138,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Ryan held off supporting Trump because conservatives and their money are considering a third party run. Trump thumbing his nose at Ryan probably increased the odds of that happening, if only slightly. Ryan's agenda is, after all, the Republican party platform.
Who are the conservatives going to run? Do they really believe that the bulk of the people want a hard line, right wing conservative? Ryan is a T Party hack and his agenda is their goose stepping manifesto, they only know my way or the highway when it comes to doing things.

Old 05-06-2016, 06:51 AM

40,956 posts, read 49,260,682 times
Maybe Hillary will support Ryans agenda much better. I doubt it.

Old 05-06-2016, 06:52 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,970,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Amen ... I commend Trump for putting Ryan in his place. Obviously, Ryan as part of the establishment has no clue as what the voters want. I hope Trump continues to stick it to those who did everything in their power to prevent him from getting the nomination.
Ok, so please tell us how Ryan's agenda is different from Trump's agenda? I have a strong suspicion that when Trump rejected Ryan's agenda he didn't know what it was.

Old 05-06-2016, 06:55 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,984,141 times
I heard Ryan on the radio yesterday stating that he was not supporting or backing Trump YET that Mr. Trump needs to unite the party and prove himself, that it was all on Mr. Trump to do so before he could gain support yada yada... How about this Mr. Ryan.. it goes both ways.. How about not giving interviews stating you do not support your presumptive nominee. Work it out behind closed doors. It looks bad. AND it is not all on Mr. Trump.. establishment has gone out of its way to treat Trump horribly.. both sides need to work on it, not just Trump.

Old 05-06-2016, 06:56 AM

39,096 posts, read 51,300,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Who are the conservatives going to run? Do they really believe that the bulk of the people want a hard line, right wing conservative? Ryan is a T Party hack and his agenda is their goose stepping manifesto, they only know my way or the highway when it comes to doing things.
The calculus is that you can't win with Trump anyway, so why not preserve what the party stands for by running a true conservative, get conservatives to the polls and save the undercard. Some of them also think that they could deny Clinton an electoral majority this way and throw things to the House where they would win.

Old 05-06-2016, 07:01 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,538,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Ryan isn't going to run, nor should he. He already has a job and it is a constitutionally important one.

There just needs to be a candidate for principled conservatives to be able to vote for. Can that person win? Almost certainly not. But it is not about winning at this stage, as our country has already lost if Hillary and Trump are the two party nominees. Rather, it is a matter of principle.

No person of principle will vote for Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump, and anyone who votes for Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump is not a principled person.

These may seem like a strange and antiquated concepts to people like you - integrity, character, morality, principles, values, ethics, etc. - but to many tens of millions of people here in this country, they do not. There needs to be a candidate for principled people to vote for. Unfortunately, the nominees from the two major parties do not provide such an option.

Old 05-06-2016, 07:01 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,498,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Maybe Hillary will support Ryans agenda much better. I doubt it.
Likely to try to make her a one term president like they tried with President Obama.

Didn't work.

Old 05-06-2016, 07:03 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,498,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Ok, so please tell us how Ryan's agenda is different from Trump's agenda? I have a strong suspicion that when Trump rejected Ryan's agenda he didn't know what it was.
You betcha......on target with that one.

Old 05-06-2016, 07:10 AM

19,272 posts, read 17,138,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
No person of principle will vote for Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump, and anyone who votes for Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump is not a principled person.

These may seem like a strange and antiquated concepts to people like you - morality, principles, values, ethics, etc. - but to many tens of millions of people here in this country, they do not. There needs to be a candidate for principled people to vote for. Unfortunately, the nominees from the two major parties do not provide such an option.
Perhaps it is your antiquated concepts that are becoming strange, I am not a idealistic millennial I am a 20 year veteran who has earned the right to think for myself. If you think Ted Cruz was the embodiment of morality, principles, values, ethics, etc. then I will continue to think for myself and not who the dinosaurs of the Republican Party anoint as worthy to their blessing.

Our elected officials are becoming drones who do their parties bidding, how many times do we hear party unity? To hell with that I have more respect for someone who calls BS regardless of their reason then another yes man/woman who follows the heard. Don't hold Speaker Ryan on such a high pedestal as I recall he didn't want the current job and only took it on his terms, the party needed an appealing poster boy.

Old 05-06-2016, 07:13 AM

17,462 posts, read 9,290,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Ryan isn't going to run, nor should he. He already has a job and it is a constitutionally important one.

There just needs to be a candidate for principled conservatives to be able to vote for. Can that person win? Almost certainly not. But it is not about winning at this stage, as our country has already lost if Hillary and Trump are the two party nominees. Rather, it is a matter of principle.

These may seem like a strange and antiquated concepts to people like you - integrity, character, morality, principles, values, ethics, etc. - but to many tens of millions of people here in this country, they do not. There needs to be a candidate for principled people to vote for. Unfortunately, the nominees from the two major parties do not provide such an option.
That all sounds great, but it turns out that regular people have learned that those High Minded Intectual Principles don't pay the rent, keep people employed or put food on the table.

People are FED-UP with the Status Quo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections