Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2016, 10:36 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
The voters will decide. Trump had initially promised to release his tax returns. He now refuses to do so. He had mentioned Warren Buffett as someone who deducts carryover interest in the debate. Buffett released several years of returns with no carryover deductions earlier today. Trump is reckless with facts and will be reckless in his decisions if we make a serious mistake and elect him President.

IMO Trump is hiding something while demanding full accountability from everyone else. Supreme hypocrisy. All candidates in the modern era have released their tax returns. His refusal to release the returns is indefensible.
You lefties thought you could determine net worth from tax returns. LOLOLOL, shows how much you don't know. And you think you would be able to read his returns?

All you would do is parrot the liberal lies and distortion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2016, 09:22 AM

2,951 posts, read 2,521,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
They couldn't even read them. They're still believing that high income in one year time means you're rich. They still believe that tax returns will tell you how rich someone is. With an uneducated people like that I wouldn't release them either. It's already proven they don't know the first thing the difference between high income, wealth and the purpose of tax returns.

You can't tell them either, they just parrot the liberal media.

I'm an independent, I vote for the person not the tribe. Have been for decades. People act as if elections are the Mets vs the Yankees. I have voted for both dems and repubs over the year.

Let's stick to reality - the majority of lowest income states are REPUBLICAN. The majority of the highest income states are DEMOCRAT.

Income is usually based on intelligence, education, drive, and making stuff happen. Like starting a business.

How many of you Trump voters fall into the top 3% of wealthy Americans? I'm using the term 'you' in general trump voters. Not just the OP.

If you are so dang smart like you spew all over the board, why do you continue to vote against your own best interest?

It's a violation of your basic need to survive. And yet you do it year after year? I began to notice this after Reagan was in office. I don't get it.

Romney lost for many reasons but I'd bet one of them is his remark about the bottom 47%. I think it showed the population above that 47% what he really was about. (Oh and his hidden bank accounts in the Cayman Islands didn't help either.) And yet that 47% was probably a good part of his voting population.

Can someone explain to the rest of us why vote against your own best interest?

Old 10-11-2016, 09:27 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,704,460 times
Quote:
You lefties thought you could determine net worth from tax returns. LOLOLOL, shows how much you don't know. And you think you would be able to read his returns?

^^^ this! spot on.

We all know what the press and others would do, combing and searching for things they can twist and skew. Anything to cause a diversion in favor of Hillary.

Let's remember: He used tax laws in place. It's legal to do so.

Old 10-11-2016, 09:29 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
I'm an independent, I vote for the person not the tribe. Have been for decades. People act as if elections are the Mets vs the Yankees. I have voted for both dems and repubs over the year.

Let's stick to reality - the majority of lowest income states are REPUBLICAN. The majority of the highest income states are DEMOCRAT.

Income is usually based on intelligence, education, drive, and making stuff happen. Like starting a business.

How many of you Trump voters fall into the top 3% of wealthy Americans? I'm using the term 'you' in general trump voters. Not just the OP.

If you are so dang smart like you spew all over the board, why do you continue to vote against your own best interest?

It's a violation of your basic need to survive. And yet you do it year after year? I began to notice this after Reagan was in office. I don't get it.

Romney lost for many reasons but I'd bet one of them is his remark about the bottom 47%. I think it showed the population above that 47% what he really was about. (Oh and his hidden bank accounts in the Cayman Islands didn't help either.) And yet that 47% was probably a good part of his voting population.

Can someone explain to the rest of us why vote against your own best interest?
1) Lack of education, and the critical thinking that comes with it
2) Religion. And Reagan really got this going in motion. He made the Reps the Christian right party (“I know you can’t endorse me. But I endorse you, and what you are doing. - Reagan to a major evangelical conference) and locked up their vote. Republicans stopped being about fiscal conservationism long long ago, and are about social conservatism now. This is who they appeal to.

Old 10-11-2016, 09:31 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,122,636 times
Quote:

No need, Forbes and Bloomberg told us Don is inflating his net worth by more than 100%.

However, we will see that he still pays zero income taxes (thanks to his brilliant business failure tax strategy), and that he gives no money to the charities. Reading the returns is very straight forward . . . . charitable contribution can be determined in minutes.

Mick

Old 10-11-2016, 09:35 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,151,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
The voters will decide. Trump had initially promised to release his tax returns. He now refuses to do so. He had mentioned Warren Buffett as someone who deducts carryover interest in the debate. Buffett released several years of returns with no carryover deductions earlier today. Trump is reckless with facts and will be reckless in his decisions if we make a serious mistake and elect him President.

IMO Trump is hiding something while demanding full accountability from everyone else. Supreme hypocrisy. All candidates in the modern era have released their tax returns. His refusal to release the returns is indefensible.
Buffet Only included personal tax returns.. AND HE LIED...

Buffett lost nearly $900 million exiting biggest buyout ever

From the start, the investment was an unusual one for Buffett. He has generally criticized leveraged buyouts in the past. And Buffett has already publicly declared the investment a mistake. Starting three years ago, Berkshire began to write down the investment, already booking at least $1.4 billion in losses prior to last year. (So, oddly enough, the fact that Berkshire didn’t lose that much money in the end may have resulted in an accounting gain last year.)

They very much DO carry over deductions..

he just doesnt on a PERSONAL level.. because there isnt any losses..

Old 10-11-2016, 09:36 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,151,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
No need, Forbes and Bloomberg told us Don is inflating his net worth by more than 100%.

However, we will see that he still pays zero income taxes (thanks to his brilliant business failure tax strategy), and that he gives no money to the charities. Reading the returns is very straight forward . . . . charitable contribution can be determined in minutes.

Mick
one doesnt need to donate, in order to be President. When did this standard being ?

Old 10-11-2016, 09:41 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,122,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
one doesnt need to donate, in order to be President. When did this standard being ?
Because he claimed otherwise expressly before?

Mick

Old 10-11-2016, 09:42 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,704,460 times
Default Clinton foundation refiles tax return...

The Clinton Foundation refiled three years of tax returns this week but denied the New York state attorney ordered it to do so.

Clinton Foundation Refiles Tax Returns After Public Scrutiny | The Unofficial Megyn Kelly

Was something amiss, Hillary? Too much scrutiny of the foundation's returns? Or is that just preventive action, since you're going after Trump's tax returns.

Old 10-11-2016, 09:45 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,656,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post

Mick
I also suspect he has financial ties with Russia. THAT is what's important to me. I really don't give a damn how rich he is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections