Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 10:23 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,263,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Why can't he release at least pre-2008? The audits are over, right? I think it's BS - he didn't show the actual IRS letter informing him of an audit.

I can't wait to see Mr. Trump supporters' lame excuses. Go ahead.

Mick
Waiting for Trump supporters isnt as nearly as lame as Trump attackers who find these fake reasons to be outraged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2016, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9coach View Post
Let's talk about hypocrisy: Trump insisted that Obama release his birth certificate but now Trump will not release his taxes, which every presidential candidate has done since the 1970s. And when did Trump release his own college transcripts? I thought he refused to do so.
Clinton Foundation Hiding Names of Secret Foreign Donors to Its Shell Charity in Sweden - Breitbart

/fail

Old 05-11-2016, 10:26 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,354,163 times
Quote:
Why can't he release at least pre-2008? The audits are over, right? I think it's BS - he didn't show the actual IRS letter informing him of an audit.

I can't wait to see Mr. Trump supporters' lame excuses. Go ahead.

Mick
If you hope to seed discord in the ranks let me tell you it won't work. The fact that the anti-Trump people so desperately want to see his returns is reason enough not to release them. He is running on border, trade and security. I'll leave his tax returns to the IRS.

Old 05-11-2016, 10:28 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,991,139 times
Trump backpedaled on his promise!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRWcEqnx_yw

When you are constantly "walking back" and "cleaning up" your comments, who knows what you stand for? I honestly have no idea if he stands for higher taxes or lower taxes, judging by his comments and his own released tax plan. This is what happens when you hand the nomination to a reality television celebrity.

Old 05-11-2016, 10:29 AM

1,696 posts, read 4,359,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Everything is always different for Trump. Why is that?
Trump believes that the rules don't apply to him. His groupies agree - they make excuses for the sort of blatant hypocrisy and lying that they would never accept in any other candidate. As disturbing as this is during the primaries, it is truly terrifying to think about what this dynamic would mean for a Trump presidency. All presidents are in a way 'above the law' but Trump would take this to a level we've never even imagined, supported by a legion of apologists explaining away every incompetent and tyrannical act.

Old 05-11-2016, 10:29 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,149,789 times
Richard Nixon released his tax returns while they were under audit.

Presidential candidates have been voluntarily releasing tax returns for 40 years.

Former IRS agents have said that it is highly unlikely that the audits would be compromised at all by disclosure.

If Bill Clinton, Gore, Kerry, Obama, Bernie or Hillary refused to release their tax returns, then the same pro-Trump supporters would have been shooting out fresh blood from wherever. You know it.

This thread conclusively establishes that terms used by some people to describe the Trump Believers, viz., "cult" or "lemming", may very well have basis in fact. Disappointing.

Mick

Old 05-11-2016, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Gee, do you need help dragging those goalposts across the field there, phma? Obama wasn't even in office yet when his college transcripts were being demanded of him. Along with his long form birth certificate (by your hero, no less), none of which was ever demanded of anyone else.

But no, we can't ask lil' Donnie to release the exact same information every other candidate is asked to release. That's just not FAIR! And here's the part where all good little cult members stamp their little feet in outrage that their leader is not exempted from the things every other candidate faces, just because he's so special.
Obama didnt release his college transcripts, the left defended it
Clinton not releasing her transcripts, the left defends it
Clinton Foundation, donors not being released, again, the left defends it...

spare me the fake outrage

Old 05-11-2016, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Richard Nixon released his tax returns while they were under audit.

Presidential candidates have been voluntarily releasing tax returns for 40 years.

Former IRS agents have said that it is highly unlikely that the audits would be compromised at all by disclosure.

If Bill Clinton, Gore, Kerry, Obama, Bernie or Hillary refused to release their tax returns, then the same pro-Trump supporters would have been shooting out fresh blood from wherever. You know it.

This thread conclusively establishes that terms used by some people to describe the Trump Believers, viz., "cult" or "lemming", may very well have basis in fact. Disappointing.

Mick
Clintons and Obama have refused to release far more relevant information.. Such as the Clinton Foundation donors..

again /FAIL

Old 05-11-2016, 10:33 AM

18,982 posts, read 9,118,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Obama didnt release his college transcripts, the left defended it
Clinton not releasing her transcripts, the left defends it
Clinton Foundation, donors not being released, again, the left defends it...

spare me the fake outrage
NO candidate, on the left or the right, released their college transcripts. No candidate before Obama was ever even asked for them.

Did you demand college transcripts of any candidate on the right? If not, why not?

Old 05-11-2016, 10:36 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,886,074 times
He'll release them. He's just behaving like a typical, over dramatic, 13 year old girl, like he always does. I'm not get into a tizzy about it because I know what he is, but so many are so easily fooled. Silly rabbits, tricks are for kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections