Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 03:40 PM

4,384 posts, read 4,383,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
This type of post / narrative is truly bizarre. This isn't a wrestling match or baseball game. If the candidate you support wins and the candidate I support does not, it's not like you get a box of cookies and I get no dessert.

Either way, we all have to live under the president that is elected. I think social media has almost turned this into a group mentality where people act as if they are on one team with the other team as winners / losers. Truthfully, I think we all are being manipulated that we hate the other side and love our side. I would imagine that most americans live a life that is not so black and white that one president will be just great, and the other an absolute disaster.

I noticed this becoming much more noticeable during the Gore-Bush campaign and especially during the debates and it has escalated substantially from there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2016, 03:47 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,340,563 times
Hillary makes some great points like needing to import more Muslims to the u.s. - we need all Muslims around the world to help us beat ISIS, Muslims are one of our biggest allies in fighting terrorism. Plus the refugees need help. Most people in this country love Muslims living in our neighborhoods.

Our border agents do a great job at border. We need to build bridges with Latinos, not walls.

Americans with jobs can afford a small tax increase of 4 or 5 percent to help non-Americans survive. People are starving in other countries. Under Clinton we can put government first so we can all work to help the less fortunate. Help poor black communities being terrorized by cops.

We don't need a bully that hates Muslims and illegal immigrants that come here for a better life. Hillary is what we need. We need a government that helps people. A government that reaches out to other countries.

Old 05-16-2016, 05:35 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,338,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Biggest problem for Hillary. People just don't like the woman.

She's abusive, abrasive, demonstrates contempt for the average working American, and seems to have no issue with laying off 10s of 1000s from jobs if it suits her agenda. People equate her with crook and liar too.

Hillary and the likeability problem: Now ALLIES line up to warn she could lose to Trump because of her 'weakness' as a candidate (and Bill might not help)
Yep, Hillary is horrible. She lies, no one trusts her, no one likes her, she has very high unfavorables....yet she's STILL more liked than Dishonest Donald! Just let that sink in a minute.

Old 05-16-2016, 05:51 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,733,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Biggest problem for Hillary. People just don't like the woman.

She's abusive, abrasive, demonstrates contempt for the average working American, and seems to have no issue with laying off 10s of 1000s from jobs if it suits her agenda. People equate her with crook and liar too.

Hillary and the likeability problem: Now ALLIES line up to warn she could lose to Trump because of her 'weakness' as a candidate (and Bill might not help)
On top of that she wants Bill the first "lady" to get a job that he has not been elected for nor a job that is existing and I wonder when she will claim a salary for him!

Old 05-16-2016, 07:07 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,168,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Hillary makes some great points like needing to import more Muslims to the u.s. - we need all Muslims around the world to help us beat ISIS, Muslims are one of our biggest allies in fighting terrorism. Plus the refugees need help. Most people in this country love Muslims living in our neighborhoods.

Our border agents do a great job at border. We need to build bridges with Latinos, not walls.

Americans with jobs can afford a small tax increase of 4 or 5 percent to help non-Americans survive. People are starving in other countries. Under Clinton we can put government first so we can all work to help the less fortunate. Help poor black communities being terrorized by cops.

We don't need a bully that hates Muslims and illegal immigrants that come here for a better life. Hillary is what we need. We need a government that helps people. A government that reaches out to other countries.
Do you have a split personality or something? Are you actually two people? A week ago, you were all pro Trump, put up the wall, etc.

Old 05-16-2016, 07:25 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,220,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
This is a typical Trump tactic. Flood the board with lots and lots of crap in the hopes that any real discussion of their hero's many shortcomings is buried under all this garbage. There should be a limit to how many threads one poster can start in a 24 hour period. Without that limit, more often than not this sub-forum ends up being little more than the OP's spam.
The Clinton side has a few of these types as well.

Old 05-16-2016, 07:28 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,724,715 times
Quote:

Our border agents do a great job at border. We need to build bridges with Latinos, not walls
But that doesn't mean we should just open the flood gates and let everyone in.

Quote:
Americans with jobs can afford a small tax increase of 4 or 5 percent to help non-Americans survive.
Yea, JUST 4-5% of money Americans work hard to earn. Their already taxed enough and you want to raise them more. What are we, the worlds caregivers?

Old 05-16-2016, 07:32 PM

2,962 posts, read 4,997,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Do you have a split personality or something? Are you actually two people? A week ago, you were all pro Trump, put up the wall, etc.
I believe this is sarcasm. Very poorly conceived sarcasm.

Old 05-16-2016, 07:33 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,833,144 times
Quote:

I'm not familiar with your posting history, so I'm not sure how to take this. Is this a serious post and you believe this, or are you being over the top sarcastic? I am thinking sarcastic because this is quite literally one of the most insane things I have ever read - and I actually screenshot it on my phone to laugh with my friends and family about - but I suppose the country has gone crazy enough that this may actually be serious.

I'm thinking this is to over dramatize how insane liberal thinking can be, and you got me good. But just asking you to confirm my suspicions....

Old 05-16-2016, 07:36 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,753,835 times
It sounds like somebody works for Hilary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections