Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2016, 06:50 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,959,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
NO!!! Obama's ideology when he ran is NOT who he was as president. It's exactly the fact that Hillary is who he really was as opposed to what he claimed to be is why people don't care if she is harmed as she is exactly what they do NOT want again.

It's the old "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice........."

They do not want another president that will see after every need of Wall Street over main street. That never saw a war they didn't want to get involved in.
That's odd. He was re-elected in 2012 by 62.6 million votes. Where did they come from..Republicans?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2016, 06:53 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,984,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I used to really respect Senator Sanders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I think many people who started out excited about Bernie did become disillusioned.
Oh please

Some of Hillary supporters are sounding like those hypocritical Trumpettes we all despise so much.

Don't come here claiming you ever liked Bernie Sanders or that you know how Bernie supporters think. You have been bashing him since the beginning so save us the fake "Sanders lost his way" nonsense. You just don't like that he is not kissing Hillary's butt.

I never liked Hillary and I have no expectations so I am not gonna come here and claim I changed my mind about her. I might change my vote but I still don't like her. The only reason I might vote for her is because she is not Trump. I might skip this stupid election and let this country go down the toilet. I'm seriously considering skipping this election even if that means that the Trumpettes will get their wishes.

This country is full of fools. Anyone who fanatically supports an establishment candidate like Hillary or Trump deserve what they get and they should their heads checked. I really hope all these passionate Trump and Hillary supporters are just a bunch of paid trolls. Only because I don't wanna to lose my faith in humanity.

Old 05-22-2016, 06:58 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,979,608 times
Quote:
IMHO you are totally misinterpreting what she wrote. I don't know if you are doing this on purpose or are so blinded by your hate for Hillary Clinton that you think every reporter is conspiring against Bernie Sanders. Walsh has been a Bernie Sanders supporter since the race began. Now she is making the observation that

"...when you see progressive white men—many of whom enthusiastically supported Barack Obama’s candidacy—hate Clinton with every fiber of their being despite the fact that she’s a carbon copy of Obama’s ideology (or in fact now running slightly to his left), it’s hard to find any other explanation than sexism. Either way, the brutish, boorish behavior of Bernie Bros (and their female compatriots, too) was a huge reason I was reluctant to seemingly side with them in endorsing Sanders—and has been the only reason I have ever questioned my decision to do so since."

A lot of people are disgusted with the rude way his supporters have behaved. This reminds me of when lifelong Republicans were called RINOs by the Tea Party because they didn't support some of their extreme ideas or behavior.
I never supported Obama, but that doesnt fit her stereotype and broadbrushing. And those that did have been disappointed by the big difference between the campaigner Obama and what he turned out to be. Its a disgusting smear piece from start to finish. She is nothing but doing her bidding for her employer. Dont try to tell me that the corporation that has been rooting for Hillary from day 1 and donated millions dont feel threatened by Bernie not falling in line. Hillary will reward the special interests once in office, Bernie will not, and that is the problem.

Old 05-22-2016, 07:11 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,284,461 times
Quote:
That's odd. He was re-elected in 2012 by 62.6 million votes. Where did they come from..Republicans?
The same reason Bush won in 2004.

Old 05-22-2016, 07:16 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,984,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
She is nothing but doing her bidding for her employer. Dont try to tell me that the corporation that has been rooting for Hillary from day 1 and donated millions dont feel threatened by Bernie not falling in line. Hillary will reward the special interests once in office, Bernie will not, and that is the problem.
Exactly.

But let them do it. The more they attack Sanders, the less votes they will get. They don't have the moral integrity to attack Bernie Sanders. I can tell you I am NOT enjoying their attacks and I am sure I am not the only one. Oh and I am a non-millennial woman and a minority so they can go to hell with their feminist and minority BS.

Old 05-22-2016, 07:19 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,558,785 times
Anybody that claims they supported Sanders until now were doing it for all the wrong reasons.

Hint: It was never about the "free" stuff.

Old 05-22-2016, 08:18 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,028,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Next they'll be calling them uneducated
Indeed.

Old 05-22-2016, 08:20 PM

Quote:
If you are really a liberal, then you know who Joan Walsh is and are familiar with "The Nation." I used to receive a copy of the magazine in the mail. It's been around since before any of us were born and is one of the most progressive publications in the country.

Maybe someone should just realize that, when someone says Bernie is losing, she's telling the truth. She also did not call his supporters "angry white men." Talk about misquoting someone!
I'm not a liberal and have never claimed to be one.

Old 05-22-2016, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
That right? Where in the article did Joan Walsh, the author, call Sanders' supporters "a bunch of angry white men?" Where? I read the article -- did you?

Walsh says this and she is referring to the Orange Man:

Huh... puzzling.
Yes, the helpfully highlighted in red part. Is English your second language?

Old 05-22-2016, 11:57 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,959,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post

Don't come here claiming you ever liked Bernie Sanders or that you know how Bernie supporters think. You have been bashing him since the beginning so save us the fake "Sanders lost his way" nonsense. You just don't like that he is not kissing Hillary's butt.
Not true, but I'm done arguing about this. I feel as if I'm being drowned out by protesters who don't want to listen to anything but "Bernie is winning!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections