Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 02:24 PM

24,543 posts, read 17,291,517 times

Advertisements

The Dems and Hillary are masters at manipulating the sound bite crowd. How many votes were taken from Mittens Romney when the whole dog in a crate on the roof debacle surfaced and was played over and over. How about his binder with profiles of fellow business women in it suddenly he was waging war on women that sexist pig!

The problem with Trump is he says a lot of stupid things and of course Hillary will grab onto those silly mutterings and turn them into votes for her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2016, 03:12 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,338,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
https://newrepublic.com/article/1336...k-donald-trump

Problem is, the swift boat guys told the truth about Kerry - we know Hillary is incapable of telling the truth.

Hillary is currently telling the TRUTH about Trump. Trump is trying to run the same tactics he used in the Republican primary, this strategy will not work in the General Election.

Old 05-21-2016, 03:14 PM

1,229 posts, read 860,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
You just reminded me about the disdain people had for wooden Kerry because he was hoity-toity rich. You would never think of Trump wind surfing or saying, "You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq," for which he took a lot of heat. Also, there was the snickering because he married into money but he was fairly well to do before he married into ketchup.

I wonder how he would have done if he ran now instead of 2004.
Trump thinks on his feet and communicates extemporaneously. He doesn't need notes, talking points, teleprompters, or prepared speeches written by campaign staff.

Contrary to what a handful of Anti-Trump CD people seem to think, the American people like that and find it very refreshing.

All you have to do is ask yourself and be completely honest : What type of person do you really like better - someone who completely thinks by and for themself, versus someone who is measured, uses prepared notes and talking points and teleprompters for every once of communication. Pure and simple - that's a bot not a human being.

Trump did a fairly decent job against Ted Cruz who is easily ten times more intelligent than Hilliary and easily Ten times the Attorney she ever was or could be. Depending upon how controlled the debate climate is.....he should wipe her off the stage if he doesn't hold back because she's a woman.

Old 05-21-2016, 04:25 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,084,567 times
Madam secretary pretends to take the high road “I will not run an ugly race”, of course not, because she is flawed and crooked, any negative thing that comes out of her mouth will be countered 10 fold.

Truth is they do not know to take Trump down. Attack Trump: you lose, do not attack Trump: you lose, LOL.

Old 05-21-2016, 04:46 PM

25,994 posts, read 22,187,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The Dems and Hillary are masters at manipulating the sound bite crowd. How many votes were taken from Mittens Romney when the whole dog in a crate on the roof debacle surfaced and was played over and over. How about his binder with profiles of fellow business women in it suddenly he was waging war on women that sexist pig!

The problem with Trump is he says a lot of stupid things and of course Hillary will grab onto those silly mutterings and turn them into votes for her.
I don't see them turning into votes except with people, well, that aren't that bright in the first place and don't have a clue what shape the country is in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Hillary is currently telling the TRUTH about Trump. Trump is trying to run the same tactics he used in the Republican primary, this strategy will not work in the General Election.
Keep telling yourself that. You chant along with Hillary "Madame President", but only in your dreams and my nightmares will it happen. She is going to get thrown under the bus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mig1 View Post
Madam secretary pretends to take the high road “I will not run an ugly raceâ€, of course not, because she is flawed and crooked, any negative thing that comes out of her mouth will be countered 10 fold.

Truth is they do not know to take Trump down. Attack Trump: you lose, do not attack Trump: you lose, LOL.
The thing with Hillary is she tries to just use others to do her dirty work. I have been very concerned about both Sanders and Trump because of the reputation of the Clintons and people that might stand in their way.

I think they have did a good job of keeping Clinton behind the scenes and when they let her out, she inserts her foot in her mouth and then tries to say people misunderstood. That is very typical of a sociopath and they do not believe anything they do is wrong EVER. It is ALWAYS the fault of someone else.

I wonder how they plan to protect Hillary when it comes to the debates IF she makes it that far. You can only cough and laugh inappropriately for just so long before it becomes ridiculous.

Old 05-21-2016, 04:51 PM

13,079 posts, read 7,551,109 times
I'm voting R and shorting the Market.

Old 05-21-2016, 05:08 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,538,057 times
Trump served in Vietnam on a swift boat?

This is news to me.

Old 05-21-2016, 05:28 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,290,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
I really don't think it will. People are already sick of the sound of his voice. He's spinning his wheels attacking like crazy. Some day he'll need to take a breath and tell people why they should vote for him.

He's still throwing spaghetti at a wall. Last week it was Crooked Hillary, but that kind of boomeranged on him, so this week it's Heartless Hillary--taking guns from poverty stricken women--a huge issue!

When does this guy graduate high school and stop running for student union pres?

Old 05-21-2016, 05:30 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,249,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
https://newrepublic.com/article/1336...k-donald-trump

Problem is, the swift boat guys told the truth about Kerry - we know Hillary is incapable of telling the truth.
Swift boating implies lying about a candidate.

No one needs to lie about Trump, this is more than enough truth to sink him.

Old 05-21-2016, 05:51 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,451,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
People are already sick of the sound of his voice.
YOU ARE CORRECT! ... they much prefer the soft, melodic, soothing sound her voice/laughter.

El Nox
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections