Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 04:09 PM

1,978 posts, read 1,559,379 times

Advertisements

I have been saying just this to anyone who would listen. Good for Duncan Hunter.
Rep Compares Trump Judge To A Muslim-American Judging Chris Kyle | The Daily Caller

And I don't really like Trump, but, he's better than the alternative. There is more to his comments than the headline would indicate by the way and really the most important part. You can just read it or listen to the video.

Last edited by Dustyroad70; 06-08-2016 at 04:11 PM.. Reason: add a bit more
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2016, 04:15 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,150,800 times
So, no white judge can preside over a black person's employment racial discrimination lawsuit? No Christian judge can preside over an abortion lawsuit? No male judge can preside over a rape case? So on and so on.

You need to show a particularized evidence of bias. Sorry, it's just that we are in America and all . . . .

Mick

Old 06-08-2016, 04:21 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,511,687 times
now hunter is making the claim that iraqi-american and/or muslim judges are incapable of being impartial. once again, trump is doing decades worth of damage to the GOP's ability to connect to minorities.

one major point that hunter overlooked or is ignorant of is that the judge was assigned to this case before trump announced his candidacy and made the statements he believes the judge is bias against. if our justice system worked that way all a defendant would have to do is perpetually make offensive public statements against judges and he'd never stand trial.

Old 06-08-2016, 04:37 PM

26,107 posts, read 22,301,649 times
We are talking about Trump and his message and stand on the issues is at the National level. How often do we see a change of venue, very selective attorneys when it comes to choosing a jury? I don't understand why this is any different.

As someone that is pro-life, I would love to be the judge for Hillary and she would be demanding someone else especially if she were up for a possible death sentence. See, that is how it works!

I would love to have been a judge should Bill have went on trial for rape. Ah, they both would have "bought" the best.

Old 06-08-2016, 04:37 PM

39,393 posts, read 27,779,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
I have been saying just this to anyone who would listen. Good for Duncan Hunter.
Rep Compares Trump Judge To A Muslim-American Judging Chris Kyle | The Daily Caller

And I don't really like Trump, but, he's better than the alternative. There is more to his comments than the headline would indicate by the way and really the most important part. You can just read it or listen to the video.
I understand the point he was making. I would argue that Behavioral patterns are important, not necessarily the ethnicity or the religious background.

For example, I have couple of veteran friends hold very negative views toward all Muslims due to what they have experienced in battle field. Do I blame them? No. They know that they have to avoid Muslims in order to stay fair and balanced.

I also have veterans friends who have no problems with Muslims. So they will have no problems staying fair and balanced.

It all depends on individuals.

This said, I believe the anti-military judge should certainly recuse himself in Chris Kyle's case. But you know this is not going to happen, because only an idiot would admit he is anti military lol

Old 06-08-2016, 04:43 PM

18,982 posts, read 9,119,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
We are talking about Trump and his message and stand on the issues is at the National level. How often do we see a change of venue, very selective attorneys when it comes to choosing a jury? I don't understand why this is any different.

As someone that is pro-life, I would love to be the judge for Hillary and she would be demanding someone else especially if she were up for a possible death sentence. See, that is how it works!

I would love to have been a judge should Bill have went on trial for rape. Ah, they both would have "bought" the best.
So you admit that you would be biased, and that you would not rule according to the law, but according to your personal bias.

That's why you are not a judge.

Don't put your own inability to remain unbiased onto everyone else, though. Especially a judge who has never given any indication of bias in his rulings.

Old 06-08-2016, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
So you admit that you would be biased, and that you would not rule according to the law, but according to your personal bias.

That's why you are not a judge.

Don't put your own inability to remain unbiased onto everyone else, though. Especially a judge who has never given any indication of bias in his rulings.
Any trial lawyers would tell you that the unfair judge is a rarity, but judges are human too so they are subject to the same faults, as the rest of us.

Old 06-08-2016, 04:52 PM

Quote:

Good point. That is why Selecting a Fair and Impartial Jury is very important for any trails.

Judge can be biased too. but unfortunately, Pulling judge from case is rare

Old 06-08-2016, 04:53 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,511,687 times
Quote:
We are talking about Trump and his message and stand on the issues....
that he put out to the public AFTER the judge was selected for this trial.

Quote:
How often do we see a change of venue, ...
not uncommon, but it requires the attorney to put a motion before the judge to change venues and give an exact reason why.

Quote:
..very selective attorneys when it comes to choosing a jury?
every jury trial both attorneys get to revue/select jurors from the jury pool. they don't get to select judges.

Quote:
I don't understand why this is any different.
it's not. this is basically a garden variety trial that trump is throwing a temper-tantrum over because it's not going his way.

Quote:
no it doesn't. i'm pretty sure in your little fantasy situation a motion to recuse would be submitted.

Old 06-08-2016, 04:55 PM

18,982 posts, read 9,119,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Any trial lawyers would tell you that the unfair judge is a rarity, but judges are human too so they are subject to the same faults, as the rest of us.
I don't dispute that. But there must be just cause for a judge to be removed from a case. And "You're a Mexican and I don't like Mexicans" is not just cause.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections