Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 10:34 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,300,036 times

Advertisements

Arizona Republican Sen. Jeff Flake says his party's presumptive nominee cannot win the general election.

Quote:
"Let's face it: meet the old Trump, just like the new Trump," Flake said to reporters on Capitol Hill in the Senate hallway. "We've got what we've got. That's not somebody who can win the White House."
GOP Sen. Jeff Flake: Trump can't win - CBS News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2016, 10:35 AM

1,050 posts, read 699,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Arizona Republican Sen. Jeff Flake says his party's presumptive nominee cannot win the general election.

Just more of politicians and the MSM trying to create perception

Old 06-08-2016, 10:39 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,018,075 times
My first thought was "He must be up for reelection". However, I see that he won his Senate seat in 2012.

Anyway, I agree with him that Mr. Trump's road to the White House is very much uphill. Not impossible, but uphill.

As I noted in another thread, after the Cleveland convention they need to spirit Trump away and hide him in seclusion and have a Trump impersonator go around campaigning and win back several demographics.

I bet at least one GOP official has had that passing thought.

Old 06-08-2016, 10:39 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,274,620 times
Quote:

I'm impressed--a perceptive smart Republican unafraid to stand up to the party line. They're pushing for unity at the convention, but there are a lot of angry republicans up for election who feel that Trump will drag them all down.

There is going to be a revolt in the Republican Party. Devoted Republican Joe Scarborough was apoplectic with anger this morning and bashed Ryan for caving to 'racist Trump who is going to destroy the party of Lincoln.' He's hardly alone in his opinion. It was not for perception either--he was raving mad.

Old 06-08-2016, 10:42 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,765,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I'm impressed--a perceptive smart Republican unafraid to stand up to the party line. They're pushing for unity at the convention, but there are a lot of angry republicans up for election who feel that Trump will drag them all down.

There is going to be a revolt in the Republican Party. Devoted Republican Joe Scarborough was apoplectic with anger this morning and bashed Ryan for caving to 'racist Trump who is going to destroy the party of Lincoln.' He's hardly alone in his opinion. It was not for perception either--he was raving mad.
Flake is a republican that apparently actually read and took to heart that famous RNC report about building a republican majority.

Old 06-08-2016, 10:43 AM

Quote:

How long in recent history have the Repubs resembled the party of Lincoln? What an ignorant statement.

He might as well ask how Clinton can be the Dem nominee--does she adhere to FDR's policies?

Old 06-08-2016, 10:44 AM

Quote:

Yes, career, corporatist Republicans are very upset

Old 06-08-2016, 10:46 AM

4,204 posts, read 2,343,600 times
Quote:

Says the Senator who said Trump wouldn't make first debate stage.

Old 06-08-2016, 10:48 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Quote:

Yeah. I saw that too. Joe was foaming at the mouth, mad and embarrassed for the party.

Trump has serious impulse control issues. He could have easily dismissed the entire "university" topic and said he does not discuss litigation, no different than the way he has dismissed his tax returns/IRS audit.

( not a fan of Hillary )

Old 06-08-2016, 10:52 AM

4,204 posts, read 2,343,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Yeah. I saw that too. Joe was foaming at the mouth, mad and embarrassed for the party.

Trump has serious impulse control issues. He could have easily dismissed the entire "university" topic and said he does not discuss litigation, no different than the way he has dismissed his tax returns/IRS audit.

( not a fan of Hillary )
The voters are tired of racism against a man because he is white and wants immigration laws enforced. It's about voters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections