Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 05:13 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,707,654 times

Advertisements

OH wow - where will the unfairness end! Fire the cretins!

"The lawyer defending Trump in the case, Daniel Petrocelli, has donated to Clinton and several Democrats over the years... in January, Petrocelli donated $2,700, the maximum amount allowable for a contribution to Hillary Clinton's presidential primary campaign... Petrocelli had been hired by Trump a month earlier, in December 2015. Further, Petrocelli's law firm, O'Melveny & Myers, has given nearly $20,000 to her campaign"

Donald Trump's own lawyer is donating to Hillary Clinton

What - is it all 'to buy their favor' and thus good business? Why isn't trump carrying on about how biased the firm and the lawyer are? After all, they aren't filing that pesky recusal request, now, are they!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2016, 05:18 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,324,000 times
OP, you are expecting logic out of the actions of Trump and he doesn't use logic. He's a spoiled little whiner who filters everything through his enormous ego.

Old 06-09-2016, 07:03 AM

I really like this from the article:

"To this point, Trump has not directed any attacks at his own lawyer for throwing his support to Hillary Clinton. Not that he'd have any reason to -- there's been no evidence that Petrocelli is wearing his political preferences into the courtroom.
As he told the Hollywood Reporter in April, Trump "didn't hire me for my political views. He hired me for my legal skills.""

So, why do trump followers manically assert that the judge in the case MUST be biased? The judge was hired for HIS legal skills, too. Double standard at work here.

Old 06-09-2016, 07:31 AM

13,698 posts, read 9,024,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
I really like this from the article:

"To this point, Trump has not directed any attacks at his own lawyer for throwing his support to Hillary Clinton. Not that he'd have any reason to -- there's been no evidence that Petrocelli is wearing his political preferences into the courtroom.
As he told the Hollywood Reporter in April, Trump "didn't hire me for my political views. He hired me for my legal skills.""

So, why do trump followers manically assert that the judge in the case MUST be biased? The judge was hired for HIS legal skills, too. Double standard at work here.
I agree. Indeed, if Mr. Trump had come to me to represent him in one of these lawsuits, I would do so, although I would not be voting for him as president. Many people are capable of separating their political philosophy from their professional pursuit.

I imagine that those whom are unable to arise above their political beliefs to do a job, whatever it is, are the ones that can't imagine others being able to do so.

Aside: In his autobiography, Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens) wrote about his brother, Orion Clemens. Twain wrote that during one election cycle Orion was a 'red' (let us say) party voter, and he had a gift of making effective campaign posters for his party of choice.

One day, people from the 'Blue' party approached Orion, and asked if he would create some campaign posters for their blue candidate for use at an upcoming Red rally, at which Orion was a featured speaker.

Orion obliged, and created some Blue campaign posters denigrating the Red party.

As Twain wrote, after he completed the Blue task, Orion went back to preparing for his speech at the Red Rally. Orion then appeared at the Red Rally, and spoke to a group of people that included Blue protestors holding up signs that Orion himself made.

Old 06-09-2016, 07:35 AM

26,579 posts, read 14,472,137 times
i'm guessing trump's followers will soon cite this as the reason his lawyer hasn't filed a motion for the judge to recuse himself.

Old 06-09-2016, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i'm guessing trump's followers will soon cite this as the reason his lawyer hasn't filed a motion for the judge to recuse himself.
Yes, but how do they reconcile that with trump continuing to keep that lawyer? After all, the lawyer must secretly be biased against trump by not filing the motion. Would that make trump a fool for keeping that lawyer? It's funny, but the lawyer wanted to keep the case out of court until after January - why? To have the glee of having someone who just became president be convicted of fraud and racketeering? Wouldn't that be rich!

Old 06-09-2016, 10:28 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,727,994 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Yes, but how do they reconcile that with trump continuing to keep that lawyer? After all, the lawyer must secretly be biased against trump by not filing the motion. Would that make trump a fool for keeping that lawyer? It's funny, but the lawyer wanted to keep the case out of court until after January - why? To have the glee of having someone who just became president be convicted of fraud and racketeering? Wouldn't that be rich!
Let us hope that Trump very publicly calls his attorneys biased losers and fires them. It's been three days since he's done anything overtly stupid, so it's time.

Old 06-09-2016, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
It's been three days since he's done anything overtly stupid, so it's time.
i would love to know what's going on behind the scenes. i doubt that the only thing keeping trump from going on a twitter rant is self-control.

Old 06-09-2016, 11:15 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,727,994 times
Quote:
i would love to know what's going on behind the scenes. i doubt that the only thing keeping trump from going on a twitter rant is self-control.
They probably made him hand his phone over to Melania.

Old 06-09-2016, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
They probably made him hand his phone over to Melania.
i'm thinking a ball-gag and boxing gloves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections