Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 12:19 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,993,559 times

Advertisements

Obviously, Obama would be endorsing HRC. However, I think he should have waited until after the FBI completes its investigation. Its a conflict of interest. Once he endorses her formally, if he directs not to indict, its going to look bad on both of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2016, 12:21 PM

34,297 posts, read 15,750,955 times
I can't think that this will sit well with Bernie's supporters. This is Obama's thumb on the scale.

Old 06-09-2016, 03:44 PM

14,268 posts, read 19,017,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I can't think that this will sit well with Bernie's supporters. This is Obama's thumb on the scale.
What scale?

Does anything "sit well" with many of Bernie's supporters? I mean, whether or not President Obama endorses Hillary Clinton, she won the majority of PLEDGED delegates (without any help from the infamous superdelegates) and more than 15.7 million votes. If he had endorsed her earlier in the primary race, I would agree that he showed favoritism, but he and VP Biden have remained neutral. There's one more primary which Clinton is expect to win, but she's had an insurmountable lead for a while.

End of story.

Old 06-09-2016, 04:24 PM

34,297 posts, read 15,750,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
What scale?

Does anything "sit well" with many of Bernie's supporters? I mean, whether or not President Obama endorses Hillary Clinton, she won the majority of PLEDGED delegates (without any help from the infamous superdelegates) and more than 15.7 million votes. If he had endorsed her earlier in the primary race, I would agree that he showed favoritism, but he and VP Biden have remained neutral. There's one more primary which Clinton is expect to win, but she's had an insurmountable lead for a while.

End of story.
I know you don't have any respect for Bernie's people. They were played for chumps and the fix was in before they got any traction. That was a dirty trick and they should have seen through it and supported Hillary in the first place. So it's their own fault really.

Old 06-09-2016, 10:30 PM

8,081 posts, read 7,019,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
What scale?

End of story.
The thread was about the FBI and a conflict of interest. Not your angry rant at people who did there best to prevent the coronation.

Old 06-10-2016, 02:36 AM

991 posts, read 631,693 times
How many times have the leftists denied that Hillary was being investigated as a possible criminal?
(Of course, if the hildabeast was found guilty of espionage, they would .. given the opportunity, vote for her anyway!)

White House calls FBI probe into Clinton's classified emails a 'criminal investigation' – to glee of Republicans – on the same day Obama endorses her

Quote:
Barack Obama's spokesman described the FBI's probe into Hillary Clinton's classified email scandal as a 'criminal investigation' on Thursday, less than an hour after the president endorsed his embattled former secretary of state to succeed him.

Josh Earnest told reporters during a White House press briefing that Obama was committed to keeping his hands off the investigation, trusting career investigators and prosecutors to follow evidence wherever it leads.

'That's what their responsibility is,' Earnest said. 'And that's why the president, when discussing this issue in each stage, has reiterated his commitment to this principle that any criminal investigation should be conducted independent of any sort of political interference.'
White House calls FBI probe into Hillary Clinton's emails a 'criminal investigation' | Daily Mail Online

Quote:
to the glee of Republicans
No bias there.

Old 06-10-2016, 04:10 AM

23,417 posts, read 29,321,108 times
So we have the Democratic President endorsing a Republican for President?

Will someone try and convince me that Hillary is not a Republican!

Old 06-10-2016, 04:58 AM

622 posts, read 413,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post

Hillary is what works for her at any point in time. She is an opportunist who has changed her views on multiple issues.

At heart, having once been a self-admitted "Goldwater gal", she has a strong streak of Republicanism. When it comes to foreign policy, she is a neo-con who believes in the use of American military power internationally.

Old 06-10-2016, 06:10 AM

26,238 posts, read 22,408,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Obviously, Obama would be endorsing HRC. However, I think he should have waited until after the FBI completes its investigation. Its a conflict of interest. Once he endorses her formally, if he directs not to indict, its going to look bad on both of them.
I thought it was extremely rude to call Bernie in and the same day endorse Hillary. My guess is that he told Bernie to concede to Hillary and Bernie, having promised to stay in to the convention told him absolutely not! Bernie would compromise his own integrity by conceding, and I still think he is hoping, like so many of us, that Hillary gets what she deserves and it is not POTUS. I think there is a fair chance that if Sanders concedes that Hillary will be indicted and Biden drafted. Sanders is due this nomination if Hillary gets what she deserves.

Quote:
No, it won't sit well. I do not think Bernie will concede. He has always been my 2nd choice and if anyone other than Trump or if Trump seriously blew it, I could vote for Bernie in a second. I would not vote for Hillary if my life depended on it and, I am serious. I have a moral compass and she is a total violation of it.

I am sure Hillary has a list of sins by Obama that she whips out every time they meet. That is how the corrupt play politics.

Old 06-10-2016, 07:46 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,648,752 times
Quote:

How so? The primary is basically over. NO, the superdelegates are not going to override the will of the people and switch to Bernie. I can't think of anything more undemocratic.

Obama and Warren were very careful *not* to tip the scales. But that time is clearly over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by epliny View Post
How many times have the leftists denied that Hillary was being investigated as a possible criminal?
(Of course, if the hildabeast was found guilty of espionage, they would .. given the opportunity, vote for her anyway!)

White House calls FBI probe into Clinton's classified emails a 'criminal investigation' – to glee of Republicans – on the same day Obama endorses her

White House calls FBI probe into Hillary Clinton's emails a 'criminal investigation' | Daily Mail Online

No bias there.

The Daily Mail online? Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post

Nope. I'm tired of doing everyone's work for them. I sure don't get paid to post here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections