Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 05:22 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,682,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
I don't profit from their presence and I believe trump is a bigot.
So you don't eat food. That's good to know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2016, 05:26 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,750,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
They know Trump will lead the GOP into ruin at this point
How can someone ruin what was already ruined?

Old 06-09-2016, 05:27 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,708,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
So you don't eat food. That's good to know.
Are you referring to the fact that a lot of hispanics do farm work? In that case, there is nobody in the US who doesn't benefit from having hispanics here. So, why on earth would y'all be against hispanics being in the US? Even if they are biased, they are still doing their jobs, feeding everyone. It seems funny for a presidential candidate to be saying inflammatory things about the people who are closest to the food chain he depends upon for his dinner.

Old 06-09-2016, 06:08 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,131,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This has to be a joke......they are going to draft the guy that was the first to drop out over absolutely zero support? LOL
Well, if they are willing to settle with David French, Walker would be a coup.

Mick

Old 06-09-2016, 10:49 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,658,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Everything to liberals and people on the left like yourself is about race. Everything you do, say and think goes back to race. People like you are laughed at in Europe because you revolve your life around race and racial issues. Without having racial issues to complain about and talk about you would probably have very little to do with yourself all day.
Actually race is not a major concern of mine. I'm far more concerned with economic issues. It's just a fact that race dominates US politics. I'm constantly shocked and surprised by fresh evidence of it. By the way, I currently live in Europe and talk to more Europeans about politics than Americans these days so don't try to school me about what people in Europe think. (As if someone from Portugal, Estonia, Slovenia and Scotland think just alike )

Old 06-10-2016, 12:39 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,908,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
We all realize the GOP leaders wanted Bush. The voters did not.

The Republican Party has thrown the last two election running candidates that didn't have a snowballs chance in hell. The party is finished if they stay on this course which is exactly what they would be doing if they deny Trump the nomination that he has earned.

This is all about "dynasty" candidates, the Clintons and the Bushes, joined at the hip.

So, a couple of GOP expressed sour grapes, oh, boo hoo! The voters have spoken.

People should not forget that Clinton is the enemy that must be eliminated. Sent Granny home with her sex addicted husband on a tight leash!
No, this isn't about "dynasty" candidates, or replacing Trump with an "establishment guy', this is about getting rid of a demonstrably and objectively bad candidate who is completely unfit to hold the office he seeks.

Old 06-10-2016, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
The country is changing - getting browner every day. If the Republican Party doesn't embrace that, it's already dead. This really is about race. Trump is the bigots' last hurrah.
No, this isn't about race, and Trump is neither a racist nor a bigot. Plenty of legit things to criticize Trump over, but he's not said anything remotely racist or bigoted. Those words have been so loosely thrown around the last few years that they are relatively meaningless now, which is a shame because it undermines legitimate claims of actual racism.

Old 06-10-2016, 12:52 AM

Quote:
I don't profit from their presence and I believe trump is a bigot.
BIGOT:
"a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions"

So what has Trump said or done that is by definition, bigoted? It seems to me that the real bigots are the left-wing agitators using threats of violence to stifle his right to speak freely and his supporters right to peaceably assemble and listen to what he has to say.
Quote:
Are you referring to the fact that a lot of hispanics do farm work? In that case, there is nobody in the US who doesn't benefit from having hispanics here. So, why on earth would y'all be against hispanics being in the US? Even if they are biased, they are still doing their jobs, feeding everyone. It seems funny for a presidential candidate to be saying inflammatory things about the people who are closest to the food chain he depends upon for his dinner.
Who said they were against Hispanics being in the U.S.? We're against illegal immigration, Hispanic or otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections