Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 05:01 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,516,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post
FORGET the exit polls. I'm talking about making counting REAL votes and comparing them to the initial BOARD OF ELECTION results, and throwing away and adding tallies to make REAL votes reflect the inaccurate BOE results.
See - the problem is that Bernie cries foul every single time he loses. It's gotten like the boy who cried wolf - after a while people just tune it out.

AL GORE didn't cry this much and he was truly cheated.

Quote:
This is why I support caucuses over hidden ballots. I believe you should be able to trace a vote to a voter. I have no idea if my vote really went to my candidate. The public does not know, and is comfortable not knowing. Private for-profit companies counting ballots, what a disgrace.
There's nothing less democratic than the caucus. It's a tried and true plan for voter suppression. I note that Bernie did very well in those types of races.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Ah yes....Another mythical claim of voter fraud. Only heard that 300 times in the last 30 days.
I've truly never, ever seen anything like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2016, 05:03 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,276,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
See - the problem is that Bernie cries foul every single time he loses. It's gotten like the boy who cried wolf - after a while people just tune it out.

There's nothing less democratic than the caucus. It's a tried and true plan for voter suppression. I note that Bernie did very well in those types of races.

The new claim is that Bernie was told by Obama to hang in the race because Hillary is getting indicted very soon.

Old 06-10-2016, 05:10 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,551,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Ah yes....Another mythical claim of voter fraud. Only heard that 300 times in the last 30 days.
What is mythical is the legitimacy of our votes. Nobody here knows where their vote went. If there were was transparency about how our votes are counted and safeguarded we wouldn't be having this conversation. I pushed a button on a computer and do not have tangible proof on how I voted or how it was counted.

Computer programs are compromised literally all of the time, why we take for granted that our votes are secure is worrisome at best. We scoff at totalitarian nations that claim their elections are rigged but somehow think we're above corruption? Really?

Old 06-10-2016, 05:16 PM

Quote:
What is mythical is the legitimacy of our votes. Nobody here knows where their vote went. If there were was transparency about how our votes are counted and safeguarded we wouldn't be having this conversation. I pushed a button on a computer and do not have tangible proof on how I voted or how it was counted.

Computer programs are compromised literally all of the time, why we take for granted that our votes are secure is worrisome at best. We scoff at totalitarian nations that claim their elections are rigged but somehow think we're above corruption? Really?
It's endless crap like this that totally turned people off of Bernie.

Perpetual victimhood is NOT a good look on any presidential candidate. It made him look small.

Old 06-10-2016, 05:22 PM

Quote:

Voting day should be a national, or a statewide holiday. Maybe it is not convenient, but caucuses are more secure than hidden ballots, though I will give you that a lot of caucus rules are just as ridiculous as individual state primary rules. Screw tradition, it all needs to be thrown out and rewritten.

Look, if we don't practice democracy, lets stop preaching it. Lets stop acting like we really have a choice and forgo the whole process. But if we're going to keep preaching that we're a free country that elects it's representatives why are we not concerned that the process is transparent and secure? This is the 21st century, I shouldn't even think for a second that an election was illegitimate. There is no tangible evidence that the sky is blue, I just need to take their word for it.

Would any of you trust me to count your votes in secret?

The process should be streamlined and protected the same way we protect our money.

Old 06-10-2016, 05:25 PM

Quote:
It's endless crap like this that totally turned people off of Bernie.

Perpetual victimhood is NOT a good look on any presidential candidate. It made him look small.
That's funny considering Hillary and her attack dogs feigned offense and played the sexism card every chance they could.

Old 06-10-2016, 05:26 PM

Quote:
That's funny considering Hillary and her attack dogs feigned offense and played the sexism card every chance they could.
Nope. Hillary didn't.

Old 06-10-2016, 05:31 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,611,213 times
Point was made elsewhere.....
  • GOP - exit poll vs results = 0.17%
  • DEM - exit poll vs results = 16.7%
Where there's smoke, there's fire.

Looks to me like something "funny" was going on. But then again we are talking about election for candidate who isn't able to win by honest means. In fact, per the rules, she still hasn't won it. Well no matter. Hillary won't have special rules to protect her for the general election.

Old 06-10-2016, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Nope. Hillary didn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRhz45B5omk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections