Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2016, 09:15 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
For the one that just rep'd me with a rude comment, at least I put a screen name to what I state and justify it with links!

I suggest you counter by posting all the positive things about Hillary.

And, no, I am not a "thread starter", I am a concerned citizen of the US, a female military veteran and someone that has the nerve to stand up for what they believe in and it isn't an incompetent lying political prostitute that is trying to buy the election, but everyone has a right to support their candidate and post relevant material here.

I hope you get IT now!
And who do you propose we vote for instead of Hillary? Trump, he's not presidential and would ruin America with both foreign and domestic policy. Johnson, he'd continue to crush the middle class with a regressive consumption tax. No other parties are credible enough to vote for and there is no independent candidate that has come out to run. Then if we somehow get into a sub 270 situation, do we as the American people accept a president chosen by congress that we might not have voted for?

Just something to think about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2016, 09:27 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
And who do you propose we vote for instead of Hillary? Trump, he's not presidential and would ruin America with both foreign and domestic policy. Johnson, he'd continue to crush the middle class with a regressive consumption tax. No other parties are credible enough to vote for and there is no independent candidate that has come out to run. Then if we somehow get into a sub 270 situation, do we as the American people accept a president chosen by congress that we might not have voted for?

Just something to think about.
So, what you're saying is that you want a polished empty suit who is beholden to his/her mega-rich donors and puts said donors ahead of the middle class. You also want him/her to be totally PC. Never mind that s/he talks out of both sides of his/her mouth and in the end does what his/her mega-rich donors want.

You consider renegotiating trade agreements that our in our favor would "ruin America"? Seriously? You considering finally building that 700 mile wall that congress approved to be "ruin[ing] America". Seriously? You consider getting tough on illegal immigration and properly vetting Muslim immigrants before allowing them entry would "ruin America"? Again, seriously?

And, what exactly, has you upset over Trump's foreign policy? Do tell.

Per the bolded---Do you know why no independent candidate hasn't "come out to run"? Answer---because s/he wouldn't stand a chance. Why do you think Bernie, an independent, ran as a democrat? Why do you think Trump is running as a republican? Just something to think about.

Old 06-11-2016, 09:34 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Oh, please! I'm of Hispanic descent and haven't found anything Trump said to be offensive.

Once again, if any woman is uncomfortable working for Trump, she can find another job. Besides, I've seen the video you mention. Yawn! I'm also a woman and I support Trump.

I like that Trump eschews PC BS. It's refreshing to have a candidate who will talk about illegal aliens and securing the border in straight no BS talk. We've had enough of namby-pamby politicians who are polished empty suits that talk out of both sides of their mouths.

It remains to be seen if Trump's tax plan comes to fruition. And, btw, if you think Hillary will stiff the elites, you are really naive. The middle class continues to suffer because the corrupt politicians don't do anything to make life better. Instead, they refuse to reform the H1-B visa program despite the fact that it is abused to the point where Americans are being deliberately displaced by H1-Bs. I could go on and on. Not that you would care to learn. The rich are the problem? You sound envious. The rich create jobs.

Trump isn't going to start another war. Don't be a drama queen. If anything, it is Hillary that may well do so.

Are you worried that Trump will attack you via Twitter? If so, why?

I've lived a lot longer than you. Thus, I've seen a lot more over the years. What I've learned is that we can't continue to keep the status quo. We can't continue to elect corrupt politicians on both sides of the aisle who are in the pockets of their mega-rich donors and put said donors first and foremost.

I also remember when democrats truly looked out for the poor, working and middle classes. Those democrats of yore would have been horrified to discover that their constituents were either seeing their wages depressed or were being displaced in the workforce due to illegal immigration. And those democrats of yore would have done something about it, too --- and I don't mean amnesty. In recent times, I've watch democrats fight tooth and nail to put illegals ahead of Americans and refuse to properly secure the border. You're too young to know how democrats once behaved in the past.

I'll leave you with this --- I'm proud of my millennial daughter. She isn't always good about voting but this past Tuesday she made it a point to go vote for Trump. She understands the deleterious effects of illegal immigration---having seen what it did to our neighborhood and schools. She also works a job that more men than women do. If she thought for one minute that she wouldn't be able to do such a job under a Trump administration, she wouldn't have cast her vote for him.
You didn't find it offensive when Trump described undocumented Mexicans as criminals and rapists?

Because the Washington Post fact-checked that, and Mexican and Salvadoran/Guatemalan men had lower incarceration rates than native-born Americans. So, LOWER rates of crime.

You don't find it offensive that he would say untrue racist things about Hispanics?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...nts-and-crime/

Old 06-11-2016, 09:57 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,470,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Sorry, I can't vote for a super-rich, race-baiting, sexist, hot-head, who's actions in business differ from the policies he is trying to put forth.
If you're against the rich, you wouldn't vote for anyone in politics today. And not to mention it's the super-rich who are backing/pulling the strings/answered to in politics today/who is served, not you or me. I respect what you're saying on a certain level but not your actions by saying in another post you plan on voting for "the democrat" as again you're still supporting the super-rich directly/indirectly by voting as you indicate. So if you walk the walk on what you're saying, I think you'd either:

a.) Not vote at all

b.) Vote, but right in your dogs names, cat, your favorite cartoon character, etc.

Doing so, you will indeed be walking the walk as voting for either party, you are supporting what you say you're against.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
You didn't find it offensive when Trump described undocumented Mexicans as criminals and rapists?
Speaking of rape, did you find it offensive how hillary laughed and how she conducted herself in an interview describing various matters of the rapist she was defending who raped a child? I trust if you find what trump said so offensive in the rape reference, you'd feel the same about hillary or is this part of a double standard you practice? We are talking about a child who got raped here for goodness sake....most rational people don't think it's giggle worthy.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...975-rape-case/

"Nevertheless, it might be the way Clinton talked - and laughed - about the trial in the audio tapes, rather than her decision to defend him that people could find off-putting."

Old 06-11-2016, 10:10 PM

3,337 posts, read 2,140,399 times
Quote:

Because the Washington Post fact-checked that, and Mexican and Salvadoran/Guatemalan men had lower incarceration rates than native-born Americans. So, LOWER rates of crime.

You don't find it offensive that he would say untrue racist things about Hispanics?

The Washington Post invalidates its own assertion within the linked article:
Quote:
It’s difficult to connect any crime with illegal immigration, by its nature.
This is pretty basic stuff here, folks.

Old 06-11-2016, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Oh, please! I'm of Hispanic descent and haven't found anything Trump said to be offensive.

Once again, if any woman is uncomfortable working for Trump, she can find another job. Besides, I've seen the video you mention. Yawn! I'm also a woman and I support Trump.
Did I ever say that Hispanics and women, HAD to be against Trump. No. Nobody has said that.

Quote:
I like that Trump eschews PC BS. It's refreshing to have a candidate who will talk about illegal aliens and securing the border in straight no BS talk. We've had enough of namby-pamby politicians who are polished empty suits that talk out of both sides of their mouths.
So replacing "meat puppets" with the puppeteer is a good idea?

Quote:
It remains to be seen if Trump's tax plan comes to fruition. And, btw, if you think Hillary will stiff the elites, you are really naive.
I never said that Hillary wouldn't cave. I don't trust her, but I trust Trump less as you'll see in a future part

Quote:
The middle class continues to suffer because the corrupt politicians don't do anything to make life better.
Do we trust Trump on the economy?

Quote:
Instead, they refuse to reform the H1-B visa program despite the fact that it is abused to the point where Americans are being deliberately displaced by H1-Bs. I could go on and on.
You do realize that your boy is one of those that use H1-B visa workers rather than paying the hard working Americans in the middle class that by your own words continue to suffer because of corrupt politicans that don't do anything to make life better? You expect that someone who plays the game will simply just stop and change it despite benefitting from the labor practice while in the private sector? FYI, I am using several sources for this including those that mention his benefit of it, his political stance and a few that mention he has "softened" on his end to the program. Please give me an answer that is better than "Oh he's just playing the game because the system is rigged." Let's face it, higher costs aren't always a problem in business, it is about branding.

Trump uses workers with H-1B visa, but slams it | News Today
Donald Trump Is an H2B-Visa Hypocrite | RedState
Trump Slams Visa Program He Uses 'as a Businessman'
Trump softens H1B-visa policy during GOP debate | Fox News
Trump Clarifies Position On Foreign Worker Visas After Debate
Donald Trump's flip-flop over H1B visa lands him in controversy - The Economic Times

Quote:
Not that you would care to learn.
Nice ad hom. I take it I got to you because you had to throw in a jab at me.

Quote:
The rich are the problem? You sound envious. The rich create jobs.
So tell me, if the rich create jobs, then why did job creation go down in May for the first time in several years with only 38K jobs created (source: Unemployment Falls to 8-Year Low as People Leave the Workforce - Market Realist) YET the executives who create these jobs earn 4.3% more from year to year (source: CEO pay in 2015: When a $468,449 raise is typical). Care to explain why we see a lot of low wage jobs created while executives make oh 200 times more, the average wage of job they add?

Quote:
Trump isn't going to start another war. Don't be a drama queen. If anything, it is Hillary that may well do so.
Why do you say that, Trump is very thin-skinned and ready to start Twitter wars with those who disagree.

Quote:
Are you worried that Trump will attack you via Twitter? If so, why?
No I hardly use Twitter and I am far too small of a person for Trump to attack personally, even if it is retaliatory for me trying to goad him into an attack to pull a "see, see" like gotcha journalism. My complaint isn't that, my complaint is Trump is so thin-skinned and attacks the media in a way we haven't seen since Nixon's fight with the Times over Vietnam.

Quote:
I've lived a lot longer than you. Thus, I've seen a lot more over the years. What I've learned is that we can't continue to keep the status quo. We can't continue to elect corrupt politicians on both sides of the aisle who are in the pockets of their mega-rich donors and put said donors first and foremost.
What does age have to do with knowing history. My father and I talk a LOT about politics and sports, and not just today but the past too. I bring up a lot of precedents in elections because that is expectations. If Trump is to win, it isn't likely to be a landslide, it will likely be a 2000 W. Bush victory (not the hanging chad but rather that it is a single state) but if he is to lose, he'll likely end up like McCain, if not Romney rather than a Goldwater beating like others mention.

Quote:
I also remember when democrats truly looked out for the poor, working and middle classes. Those democrats of yore would have been horrified to discover that their constituents were either seeing their wages depressed or were being displaced in the workforce due to illegal immigration. And those democrats of yore would have done something about it, too --- and I don't mean amnesty. In recent times, I've watch democrats fight tooth and nail to put illegals ahead of Americans and refuse to properly secure the border. You're too young to know how democrats once behaved in the past.
I am not, that is what history books and watching documentaries are for. The Democrats tried to look out for the poor in the 1960's but that fell on deaf ears with the reactions from Goldwater Republicans blocking a number of Great Society proposals and the whole Nixon ad about McGovern welfare in the 1972 election that has turned into the rallying cry about tax payers paying for welfare. Before that the Taft wing of the Republicans during the "Me too" Republicans of the New Deal era led the fight against the type of Democrats you are talking about. What, a youngster knows their history? What is this world coming to?

Quote:
I'll leave you with this --- I'm proud of my millennial daughter. She isn't always good about voting but this past Tuesday she made it a point to go vote for Trump. She understands the deleterious effects of illegal immigration---having seen what it did to our neighborhood and schools. She also works a job that more men than women do. If she thought for one minute that she wouldn't be able to do such a job under a Trump administration, she wouldn't have cast her vote for him.
I don't think there will be much jobs under Trump so this millennial cannot vote for Trump as well as all the other baggage I have spoke of. I live in a neighborhood and work at a school with some Hispanic people and I don't see the issues, yet I should as Arizona typically has all the headlines for all of the type of reasons Trump supporters throw up. Honestly, I can't say I know the last time the news spoke of human smuggling or border crossing, both were CONSTANT news just five/six years ago. So are there less, is the media not talking about this or is an actual decrease?

Old 06-11-2016, 10:32 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:

Oh good grief! Trump did NOT...repeat...did NOT say all illegal alien (not "undocumented", that's just a PC BS euphemism) Mexicans are "rapists". You know it, too, I suspect.

As for "criminals" what part of illegal don't you understand?

He said nothing untrue or racist about Hispanics. And guess what? Not all illegal aliens are Hispanics.

Enough already.

Old 06-11-2016, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
If you're against the rich, you wouldn't vote for anyone in politics today. And not to mention it's the super-rich who are backing/pulling the strings/answered to in politics today/who is served, not you or me. I respect what you're saying on a certain level but not your actions by saying in another post you plan on voting for "the democrat" as again you're still supporting the super-rich directly/indirectly by voting as you indicate. So if you walk the walk on what you're saying, I think you'd either:

a.) Not vote at all

b.) Vote, but right in your dogs names, cat, your favorite cartoon character, etc.

Doing so, you will indeed be walking the walk as voting for either party, you are supporting what you say you're against.
I can't go into October (as I am set to receive a mail-in ballot just as I have done since 2013 for balloting) and just not vote. I care too much to not vote, nor have an opinion about who should be president. Voting in my dog, cat, Mickey Mouse, etc. is a waste and does the same damn "I don't care which person steps into the white house" response as not voting. It may as well be the same but in my mind I see a bit of a difference. That difference is that with a politican we MAY have a chance that the rich elite don't influence their views. Tell me how can I trust a rich elite trying to say they are for the American working man when they offer a tax policy that highly benefits the rich and has talked about softening their policy towards H1B visas?

I would have GLADDLY vote for Sanders. I can't if he isn't an option. My displeasure is with who is the Republican nominee (and that would have been the case except with Christie and maybe Kaisch.) Now I have to vote against them which by my past history should make it look like I would be a shoe-in for voting Republican. I voted McCain/Palin and then Romney/Ryan in my two elections that I could vote in. Oh and if I were old enough to vote in the Bush vs. Kerry election, I would have voted Bush. So yeah, my vote is one that is a swing of -2 to the Republicans should I vote Democrat.

Old 06-11-2016, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Oh good grief! Trump did NOT...repeat...did NOT say all illegal alien (not "undocumented", that's just a PC BS euphemism) Mexicans are "rapists". You know it, too, I suspect.

As for "criminals" what part of illegal don't you understand?

He said nothing untrue or racist about Hispanics. And guess what? Not all illegal aliens are Hispanics.

Enough already.
But yet that was his reasoning for "the wall." The only two countries we border are Mexico and Canada, yet I don't hear a lot of anti-Canadian rhetoric towards Canadian immigrants... So I guess Trump meant Hispanics if not directed specifically at Mexicans.

Old 06-11-2016, 10:42 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,931,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I really don't think that ~ but the statements you just put out speak for themselves and your attitude towards women.

Also - Trumpeters need to know that an internet meme is NOT a coherent argument for or against anything.

But I get that is the level of understanding at which you operate.
That is what the Democrats and liberals said about Obama's race. The media insinuated that anyone who voted against Obama was racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections