Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 09:22 AM

9,378 posts, read 20,816,655 times

Advertisements

Maybe I am naïve, but what is stopping Bernie Sanders from running as an independent, which he was prior to declaring his presidency? The more differing views in the race, the more choices for the American people, the healthier the democracy is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2016, 02:07 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,288,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Maybe I am naïve, but what is stopping Bernie Sanders from running as an independent, which he was prior to declaring his presidency? The more differing views in the race, the more choices for the American people, the healthier the democracy is.
A number of states it is too late to register as an independent and other states he couldn't run as an independent because he ran in the Democrat primary. Plus, he has no interest in dividing the Democrat vote because it is in his best interest to get a Democrat elected president.

Old 06-12-2016, 05:39 PM

24,012 posts, read 15,110,703 times
I am related to 8 Bernie voters who knew when he announced that he had no chance in hell. They think he knew it, too.

Some will vote Green, some for Hillary. No one will vote for Trump. Two live in Manhattan. They all think he changes his position as often as they change their socks.

DH is not convinced that Trump will get the nod at the convention.

I just watch bewildered, bemused. If Trump supporters had given our current POTUS the benefit of the doubt they give Trump, we would be living a different life. Like he said. He could kill somebody on the UES and nobody would bat a eye.

Old 06-12-2016, 09:48 PM

1,722 posts, read 1,745,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
How sad for the Bernie supporters.

He was never serious about challenging Clinton or becoming president.

Those of us who weren't drinking the Bernie Kook Aid knew this when he said, "I don't want to hear any more about her damn emails."

That was months and months ago.

Now he's just met with Obama in the White House -- followed by Obama endorsing Hillary.

Well, let's see, you Bernie supporters....

You know Hillary is a sell-out liar and a shill of special interests, Wall Street, and Goldman Sachs.

You know that she supports trade deals that have screwed the American middle class and American workers.

You know that she supports pointless wars that we don't win on purpose but that make a lot of money for defense contractors.

You know that she's a lying, hateful crook who has used government to enrich herself and who has gone out of her way to destroy her hubby's victims.

And then there's Trump.

Trump who hasn't accepted a dime from Wall Street and is only raising money to help down-ballot Republicans get elected.

Trump who is against trade deals that have screwed the American middle class and American workers.

Trump who was opposed to the Iraq war and has clearly said that we should only fight wars that we need to win, are determined to win, and will win.

Yeah, he is a bit of a racist. But how does that make him different from the dems and libs who blame whitey for everything and support actual racist discrimination against whites and gender discrimination against males in affirmative action programs?

Yeah, he's oriented to business. Where do you think money comes from to pay for social security, Medicare, etc.? From trees where people just pick off the dollar bills?

If you want REAL racism, pointless war, income inequality, and impoverishment of the middle and working class, don't vote for Trump.

If you DON'T want those things, vote for Trump.

Yes, Trump will say offensive things.

Some of us find that refreshing in today's PC environment.

Those who don't need to time-travel back to when they were five years old and Mommy wisely said, "Sticks and stones will break your bones, but names will never hurt you."

In other words, GROW UP!

Bernie conned you.

But it's not too late to make a difference that will....make America great again!
Bernie Sanders didn't con anyone. He's an idealist who appealed to those of us who are also idealistic.
Both Sanders and Trump are (were) antidotes to the same ole, same ole d.c. bs.
Both, if elected president (neither will be as i see it) would take this country into unknown territory.
I prefer the Sanders variety of unknown as he is an honorable and idealistic man who is a true humanitarian.
Your trump on the other hand is a very dishonest / dishonorable, emotionally fragile, unstable, mean spirited, small hearted, spiteful little man with very destructive tendencies who is willfully / knowingly deceiving and manipulating and conning people. His unknown territory would be a frightening prospect and i do believe that there are enough intelligent and good hearted and sane people in this country who will not allow him to prevail.
It is you and other die hard trump supporters who are being conned. Truly. No joke. It's a hard pill to swallow and many of you will not back down and realize what he's doing. But he's doing it.
Read his book, "art of the deal". He talks about how to fool people. And now he's doing it on a grand stage.

Old 06-12-2016, 09:58 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,602,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Actually voting isn't throwing a vote away, not voting or voting for who you don't support is called throwing your vote away.
I agree wholeheartedly with you here.

Old 06-12-2016, 09:59 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,602,548 times
Bernie Sanders sold out to the establishment when he finally conceded to Hillary and said he'd stand behind her. He should have supported Jill Stein instead. Hillary and Bernie are so totally different! I thought Bernie was a true progressive... but nah, just another politician bought out by the establishment for probably less than what my house is worth. What a sell out.

Old 06-12-2016, 10:06 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,978,635 times
hahaha Only Trump supporters think they can influence Bernie supporters with their fake sympathy.

Listen people, Bernie supporters who are far left are not gonna vote right(Trump) any time soon. Get real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Awwww. OP's concern for Bernie supporters is . . . quite touching.

And such a persuasive argument; I imagine they will all be voting for the Trumpster now.
Exactly. OP is just trying to make people vote for Trump or vote third party so his/her idol clown Trump can win. He really thinks Bernie Sanders followers are that dumb.

Old 06-12-2016, 10:11 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,978,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageCats View Post
Bernie Sanders sold out to the establishment when he finally conceded to Hillary and said he'd stand behind her. He should have supported Jill Stein instead. Hillary and Bernie are so totally different! I thought Bernie was a true progressive... but nah, just another politician bought out by the establishment for probably less than what my house is worth. What a sell out.
Ah how sad. I'm sure Bernie Sanders followers are finally gonna see the light thanks to you and not support Bernie the sellout.

Not like Trump who is so anti-establishment he is looking for rich donors to finance his campaign. He will get their money but that doesn't mean these donors will tell him what to do if he wins the election.

Old 06-12-2016, 10:14 PM

5,756 posts, read 4,002,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
O B A M A
The Campaigner and Chief is telling Sanders not to run as an independent thats who...

Old 06-13-2016, 01:21 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,442,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Wow. I did not know we had a record of Trump's votes on these issues.
We have a record of his positions on those issues.

Quote:
But we do have that audio of being FOR the Iraq war.
Wrong.

Right after 9/11 Trump was asked about going to war in Iraq. He said (paraphrase) "yes, no, I'm not sure."

That's hardly being FOR the war.

Quote:
Trump describes himself as a 'free trader'.
So what?

Who isn't nowadays?

Trump just wants smart trade deals, not ones that hurt America.

Quote:
And we now know that Trump is busy begging the Koch brothers AND Wall Street for money.
Wrong.

As the nominee, he is entitled to use money that has been contributed to the Republican Party.

He is helping raise money for down-ballot Republican candidates.

He became the nominee without taking a dime from the Koch Brothers.

He owes them nothing, and will owe them nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskywalker View Post
Bernie Sanders didn't con anyone. He's an idealist who appealed to those of us who are also idealistic.
Both Sanders and Trump are (were) antidotes to the same ole, same ole d.c. bs.
Both, if elected president (neither will be as i see it) would take this country into unknown territory.
I prefer the Sanders variety of unknown as he is an honorable and idealistic man who is a true humanitarian.
Your trump on the other hand is a very dishonest / dishonorable, emotionally fragile, unstable, mean spirited, small hearted, spiteful little man with very destructive tendencies who is willfully / knowingly deceiving and manipulating and conning people. His unknown territory would be a frightening prospect and i do believe that there are enough intelligent and good hearted and sane people in this country who will not allow him to prevail.
It is you and other die hard trump supporters who are being conned. Truly. No joke. It's a hard pill to swallow and many of you will not back down and realize what he's doing. But he's doing it.
Read his book, "art of the deal". He talks about how to fool people. And now he's doing it on a grand stage.
Oh, please.

Bernie the "idealist humanitarian".....

I was an idealist humanitarian when I was 14 years old.

It is not a hard thing to be.

Bernie has done nothing significant in his life other than run his mouth.

Trump, on the other hand, has hired thousands of people and done business all over the world.

What do you think businessmen do?

They try to win through negotiation.

They are in a competition, just like sports.

Do you think when a basketball player fakes a move, he is doing something wrong?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections