Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 09:25 AM

3,040 posts, read 5,012,744 times

Advertisements

Being a non affiliated voter myself, I was wondering what other non affiliated voters think of this election cycle. Myself, I'm left with a conundrum on who would best serve Americans interest. I have my doubts with all the candidates be it Hillary, Trump or Johnson.

Hillary wants me to vote for her because she wants to be the first female POTUS.
Trump wants my vote because he is going to "make America great again".
Johnson wants my vote, well, because he thinks it time we have a Libertarian as POTUS.

All three seem to have their pro's and con's, but this election cycle it seems there are more con's than pro's, sitting out this election is not a choice.

I ask again, what's your opinion on these candidates?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2016, 09:29 AM

2,348 posts, read 1,910,009 times
I'm tempted to vote for Johnson. Not that I think he will win, but having Libertarian values myself, I'd want the party to gain more exposure for future elections. Making a dent in the general elections will put us one step closer.

EDIT: I'm technically a Democrat, but live in a closed primary state.

Old 06-12-2016, 09:32 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,531,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
Being a non affiliated voter myself, I was wondering what other non affiliated voters think of this election cycle. Myself, I'm left with a conundrum on who would best serve Americans interest. I have my doubts with all the candidates be it Hillary, Trump or Johnson.

Hillary wants me to vote for her because she wants to be the first female POTUS.
Trump wants my vote because he is going to "make America great again".
Johnson wants my vote, well, because he thinks it time we have a Libertarian as POTUS.

All three seem to have their pro's and con's, but this election cycle it seems there are more con's than pro's, sitting out this election is not a choice.

I ask again, what's your opinion on these candidates?
Tempted to go with Johnson. He doesn't have much of a presence. I've alway thought US Governors were bet prepared for the Executive Office. I think he's the best to work with both sides of Congress and let Congress fulfill its Constitutional roles and responsibilities. His VP runningmate is a very good selection, imo, also former Governor.

Old 06-12-2016, 09:51 AM

3,251 posts, read 2,563,333 times
Libertarians are a good FU vote. I voted for Ron Paul in 2008, and Bernie Sanders this season. They're polar opposites in a lot of respects except they both called out the corrupt corporate nature of our government.

So I'm either writing in Sanders if he doesn't go independent, or voting for Jill Stein, or Gary Johnson.

I hate Hillary with a passion, and I think Trump is an egotistical fool whose previous actions running his businesses contradict everything he's running on now. His rhetoric may sound nice to a lot of people, but he talks from both sides of his mouth, very much like Hillary.

I was registered Independent until I had to register as a democrat to vote for Sanders.

Old 06-12-2016, 09:58 AM

3,040 posts, read 5,012,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Tempted to go with Johnson. He doesn't have much of a presence. I've alway thought US Governors were bet prepared for the Executive Office. I think he's the best to work with both sides of Congress and let Congress fulfill its Constitutional roles and responsibilities. His VP runningmate is a very good selection, imo, also former Governor.
I hear you when it comes to Johnson, I'm tempted to vote that way also. I don't think he stands a chance in hell of getting elected, however, that isn't the idea behind voting. One should vote for the best candidate and not just because they belong to a political party.

Edit: What a novel idea to have a government that operates within the constraints of the Constitution.

Old 06-12-2016, 10:01 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,992,304 times
I'm non affiliated and I will be voting for Clinton.

I'm not gonna vote for an amoral candidate like Trump whose followers are just as amoral as him. Now they are trying to politicize the death of 50 people. All Trump will do is spread is homophobia, misogyny, bigotry and hate against anyone who doesn't think he is a God.

Old 06-12-2016, 10:03 AM

68,353 posts, read 54,544,722 times
I think I'm absolutely disgusted this cycle that the two presumptive candidates are the best we can draw from more than 300,000,000 people.

I'll either vote 3rd party or write-in "none of the above"

Old 06-12-2016, 10:07 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,531,558 times
Trump gets third prize.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVQPY4LlbJ4

Old 06-12-2016, 10:14 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,992,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I think I'm absolutely disgusted this cycle that the two presumptive candidates are the best we can draw from more than 300,000,000 people.

I'll either vote 3rd party or write-in "none of the above"
I would love to vote 3rd party but they stand no chance.

I'm not gonna contribute to Hater Trump getting elected so I'm voting for Crooked Hillary. Sure the idea of bringing stupid Bill Clinton back to the White House upsets me but Trump will be a disaster because he has no idea of what he is doing. He is a bad combination of ignorance and arrogance. He thinks he is competing in a reality show and hasn't done his homework. At least Hillary is more rational, understand the issues, is not a hothead and doesn't promote xenophobia and bigotry like Trump.

All Trump has is self-love but he knows nothing about national security,(nuclear triad anyone), economy (Bretix) and millions of other issues I can't list in this short post. He is a disaster.

Old 06-12-2016, 10:15 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,984,999 times
The Libertarian Ticket is one of the most legitimate they've ever put out and combines 24 years of executive experience in New Mexico and Massachusetts. It's a good ticket.

I'm leaning that way, I'm not voting for Trump, and only in very specific circumstances will Hillary gain any consideration from me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections