Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 12:14 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,778,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Well that just isnt true.

Both the Taliban and Al Queada have killed ISIS followers and vice versa, the groups hate each others.
Indeed. ISIS/ISIL rose in power while Obama was President and Hillary was Secretary of State.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2016, 12:22 PM

29,637 posts, read 16,661,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Indeed. ISIS/ISIL rose in power while Obama was President and Hillary was Secretary of State.
Both statements are wrong, but im gad to see you choose to troll my post instead of actually responding to its context.

Old 06-13-2016, 12:29 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,626,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
I am watching Hillary's speech right now. It's a very good speech. Trump cannot compete with Hillary. He's a babbling idiot and going head-to-head against Hillary exposes Trump's many weaknesses.

No surprise. Trump really doesn't know very many words; he consults with himself about foreign policy and knows even less about that.

He's good for a few inflammatory tweets and that's in.

Of course all his fawning sycophants on this board think he's the second coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
Not a Hillary supporter at all - but that was the cause IMO. Unless something else has popped up, while his actions were supported by IS and he claimed an association with them, I don't believe this was something they "ordered". He acted on his own and because of his own hatred of gays.
I agree. I think this was both an act of terror and a hate crime. Why can't it be both?

Old 06-13-2016, 12:34 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,778,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Both statements are wrong, but im gad to see you choose to troll my post instead of actually responding to its context.
Troll? Insult means you lack argument based on logic or fact.

Old 06-13-2016, 12:35 PM

34,299 posts, read 15,734,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
No surprise. Trump really doesn't know very many words; he consults with himself about foreign policy and knows even less about that.

He's good for a few inflammatory tweets and that's in.

Of course all his fawning sycophants on this board think he's the second coming.

I agree. I think this was both an act of terror and a hate crime. Why can't it be both?
Why stop there ? Lets add another one and make it the trifecta or hat trick. Add what it really is and you don't need the other two. Are you ready...........drum roll please..........."Act of War".

Why is it important ? Check the link. Nothing left to the imagination, no confusion.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2331

(4) the term “act of war” means any act occurring in the course of—
(A) declared war;

(B) armed conflict, whether or not war has been declared, between two or more nations; or

(C) armed conflict between military forces of any origin; and

(5) the term “domestic terrorism” means activities that—
(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State;

Old 06-13-2016, 12:39 PM

29,637 posts, read 16,661,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Troll? Insult means you lack argument based on logic or fact.
all it means is that I used the word troll.

If all I had said was the word troll, you may have had some point, but I didnt. I explained my reasoning, but im guessing like your previous post where you completely ignored the context, you are doing it again now.

Do you get joy from not actually understanding the context of the post you respond to ????

Old 06-13-2016, 12:40 PM

4,908 posts, read 4,258,113 times
Because an "Act of War" is an action taken by one country against another. This was an action taken by one person against a group of people he hated.

Old 06-13-2016, 12:56 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,626,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Why stop there ? Lets add another one and make it the trifecta or hat trick. Add what it really is and you don't need the other two. Are you ready...........drum roll please..........."Act of War".

Why is it important ? Check the link. Nothing left to the imagination, no confusion.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2331

(4) the term “act of war” means any act occurring in the course of—
(A) declared war;

(B) armed conflict, whether or not war has been declared, between two or more nations; or

(C) armed conflict between military forces of any origin; and

(5) the term “domestic terrorism” means activities that—
(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State;
Yeah - so 'act of war' does not apply. Thanks for agreeing with me.

Old 06-13-2016, 01:45 PM

17,560 posts, read 9,356,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
It might and likely played a part in choosing the target but it wasn't the cause for the act of war or murder which he planned.

Remember this guy celebrated 9/11 in high school.
Sharia Law demands Homosexuals be killed - this Terrorist certainly believed that, so in that respect, yes -- A Gay Bar/Club is a "target". Drinking Alcohol is forbidden, so that could make a Club/Restaurant that serves Alcohol a "target". Obama just announced that the Month of June was LGBT Month, it's also the Month of Ramadan ...... that could have a bearing on the Attack, as could the call by ISIS on the First Day of Ramadan to Attack Targets in the USA & Europe. They are big on symbolism & anniversaries.

We just don't know what was in this Terrorist's brain, other than his pledges of allegiance to ISIS.
We do know (sadly) that Leftists and Gay Americans are so steeped in ME_ME_ME Victimhood, that they will always be convinced they were attacked by a "Gay Hater", and not an Islamic Terrorist who was Attacking Americans in the USA. They are "gay" before being a American under attack by a Terrorist.

I stand in solidarity with Gay Americans, I've called for Equal Rights for Gay Americans for decades and was always convinced that day would come. I been to Gay Clubs in several cities (it's not all that unusual for straight people and family members/friends to attend Gay Bars/Clubs) - there were surely many non-Gays who were in PULSE on Saturday night.

I've come to realize that while I stand with Gays, many of them would never "stand with me" for anything, including National Security or Terrorism ...... they are just too invested in perpetual Victimhood. Sad

Old 06-13-2016, 01:52 PM

34,299 posts, read 15,734,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Yeah - so 'act of war' does not apply. Thanks for agreeing with me.
I always agree with you !!! Because I love you. It's your ideas where we disagree and here we are definitely on different boats. You're on the Titanic and I'm on the love boat. Tell Sponge Bob hello.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections