Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 05:42 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,466,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
I don't know.......his ideas of squelching and/or controlling the press sounds suspiciously like something Putin, Hugo Chavez, Castro and Trump's lookalike Mussolini did.
Refusing to talk to them is not "squelching" or "controlling" them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2016, 05:47 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,620,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Refusing to talk to them is not "squelching" or "controlling" them.
He's doing more than not talking, he's not letting them in the building. That's controlling their access. But you're right. They can write what they want without fear of going to jail or being executed. But in a democracy just controlling the press stinks and smells like First Amendment problems (infringing on the freedom of the press)......just think if he becomes POTUS - He's already threatened to open up libel laws.

Trump wants to 'open up' libel laws to sue media outlets | TheHill

Old 06-15-2016, 05:58 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,917,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Good.

He should ban all of them.

We don't need a lying lib media lying to us.

Trump's speeches, etc., are on C-SPAN -- unedited -- if you want to see them. You can see them on TV or on the net.

Yeah, calling the Washington Post "great." I have no idea where that comes from.

The press can say anything it wants. That doesn't mean Donald has to talk to those lying, sleazy losers.

So your comment about the First Amendment is nonsense.

He's handling the newspaper just fine -- telling it to get lost.

That seems to upset you.

So you're the one who can't handle things.

They sure are. They are going to be scooped by other reporters for the next nine years. I think that's great!

Well said.

No, it's called freedom.

Trump is free to choose who he talks to.

Don't like it? Too bad.

If it's no big deal, then why do they always go to press conferences?

Yes, even the Republican and conservative ones.

Trump doesn't owe anyone a thing.

Which is part of what is great about him.

Godwin's Law fail.

"The sky is falling! The sky is falling!"
I agree, he should ban ALL News agencies and rely on the Faux News people. Oh wait, they don't like him either.

Old 06-15-2016, 06:26 AM

Quote:
He's doing more than not talking, he's not letting them in the building.
Too bad.

Quote:
But you're right. They can write what they want without fear of going to jail or being executed. But in a democracy just controlling the press stinks and smells like First Amendment problems (infringing on the freedom of the press)
Take it as you will.

Quote:
.just think if he becomes POTUS - He's already threatened to open up libel laws.
Why should liars have legal protection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I agree, he should ban ALL News agencies and rely on the Faux News people. Oh wait, they don't like him either.
And your point is?

Old 06-15-2016, 06:30 AM

26,737 posts, read 15,295,867 times
Quote:
I don't know.......his ideas of squelching and/or controlling the press sounds suspiciously like something Putin, Hugo Chavez, Castro and Trump's lookalike Mussolini did.
Did you forget Obama on purpose?

Old 06-15-2016, 06:32 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,620,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Did you forget Obama on purpose?
One incident on a plane. You can add him if you wish, but I don't believe it's on a large scale as Trump with a laundry list of media outlets, national newpapers.

Old 06-15-2016, 06:40 AM

17,415 posts, read 12,044,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Which I guess would be to his liking.

Let us see, to date Donald John Trump has revoked the press credentials of the following organizations (both on an on-going basis, or at certain events):

The Des Moines Register
The New Hampshire Union Leader
Politico
Buzzfeed
The New Tri-State Defender
The Daily Beast
Univision
The Huffington Post
The National Review
Mother Jones
Foreign Policy
The Washington Post

Oddly enough, when googling 'Clinton revokes press credentials', I can't seem to find any evidence of her doing so.

Seems odd, since it is well known herein that Mr. Trump is a fervent supporter of the Constitution, whereas Ms. Clinton has made it known that she wishes to trash it completely. Where she has said that, I do not know, but I read it on the internet, so it must be totally true.
Not odd, just part of the corruption. Google is Rigging Searches for Hillary Clinton | RedState

Old 06-15-2016, 06:43 AM

17,415 posts, read 12,044,441 times
Quote:
He's doing more than not talking, he's not letting them in the building. That's controlling their access. But you're right. They can write what they want without fear of going to jail or being executed. But in a democracy just controlling the press stinks and smells like First Amendment problems (infringing on the freedom of the press)......just think if he becomes POTUS - He's already threatened to open up libel laws.

Trump wants to 'open up' libel laws to sue media outlets | TheHill
Clinton does this on a regular basis. But I suppose that's OK?

Old 06-15-2016, 07:05 AM

Hillary has only had 2 press conferences in the last six months.

I guess that's one way to "kick reporters out" -- by not letting them in in the first place!

Old 06-15-2016, 11:20 AM

25,867 posts, read 20,807,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Maybe he can follow Hillary's example and force reporters to stand in a roped area, so is to not bother her.

Clinton campaign corrals media - CNNPolitics.com

If she cant handlea few reporters at a parade, She will never handle the foreign press who dont give a **** that she is Queen Hillary
You mean like this?

From last November:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...the-pen-again/

From March:
It's Time For Reporters To Break Out Of The Trump Rally Press Pens
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections