Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 07:47 PM

6,630 posts, read 6,814,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
I really think some of the Trumpies are confused. Obama isn't running for president this year, yet they keep bringing up things they believe he is, or has done, or will do, or might do, in discussions about the election.
Obama was introduced in the comments because he, like Trump, was involved in trying to revoke press credentials. Trump did it, Obama tried. That was pointed out to show the hypocrisy of the Obama crowd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2016, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
I'm becoming more and more convinced that TRUMP is looking for a way out and is deliberately running his campaign into the ground.
Sure....check the polls in the coming weeks then let us know how your theory holds up.

Old 06-13-2016, 07:58 PM

457 posts, read 697,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
Obama was introduced in the comments because he, like Trump, was involved in trying to revoke press credentials. Trump did it, Obama tried. That was pointed out to show the hypocrisy of the Obama crowd.
Tread lightly. The left doesn't like being shown how hypocritical they are. You may be labeled as a racist.

Old 06-13-2016, 08:00 PM

12,547 posts, read 10,016,426 times
Gotta suck BIG TIME to have press access pulled for the guy that absolutely DOMINATES the media. That's like the NBA not allowing ESPN to cover Lebron James and Steph Curry.

Old 06-13-2016, 08:11 PM

47,104 posts, read 26,237,226 times
Quote:
That's the incident. If you remember....the rest of the press backed FOX & Obama backed off. Must give the rest of the press credit for that act.
Failing to invite Fox to one briefing with a somewhat obscure official (I like to think I follow politics and had no clue who Feinberg was) is hardly comparable to completely cutting off a newspaper of record.

Will we see Fox protest the treatment of WaPo? We both know the answer to that.

Old 06-13-2016, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Failing to invite Fox to one briefing with a somewhat obscure official (I like to think I follow politics and had no clue who Feinberg was) is hardly comparable to completely cutting off a newspaper of record.

Will we see Fox protest the treatment of WaPo? We both know the answer to that.
Why.....FOX is a neocon organ. They will fall in line. You think FOX is conservative ? If the rest of the press did not stick up for FOX do you think Obama would have stopped there & backed off ?

Old 06-13-2016, 08:15 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,374,843 times
Hey libs and Democrats....did you all complain this much when Obama sicced Holder and the DOJ on the press?

Yeah, I didn't think so either.

Old 06-13-2016, 08:28 PM

26,737 posts, read 15,295,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Spin it any way you want but it's a childish move especially for someone who professes to be such a tough guy. He just showing himself to be the small little, thin skinned man that Lizzie keeps reminding us of.

I would ask him to put his big boy pants on, if he had a pair!
It is not spin.

You factually do not understand the concept of the 1st Amendment.

The 1st Amendment does not guarantee the WaPo special access to PRIVATE Trump events.

Trump is not violating the 1st Amendment.

You should admit this fact, rather than pretend me pointing out facts is spin.

What is spin, is you having no clue how the 1st Amendment works, putting a false spin on it, and then ignoring that Obama has done what Trump is doing.

Old 06-13-2016, 08:32 PM

47,104 posts, read 26,237,226 times
Quote:
Libya is all on Obama...
In all fairness, Libya was a UN/NATO operation (with UAE, Jordan, Qatar - and somehow Sweden?), initially driven in no little part by France and the UK. (Looking at the number of sorties, France, the UK and Canada did actually put their money where their mouths were.)

I'd say Obama failed to stop the eager Europeans from going to war without a smart plan for the post-war outcome - a sin of omission, if you will. But Sarkozy and Cameron were the ones who pushed Libya.

Old 06-13-2016, 08:39 PM

be
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
In all fairness, Libya was a UN/NATO operation (with UAE, Jordan, Qatar - and somehow Sweden?), initially driven in no little part by France and the UK. (Looking at the number of sorties, France, the UK and Canada did actually put their money where their mouths were.)

I'd say Obama failed to stop the eager Europeans from going to war without a smart plan for the post-war outcome - a sin of omission, if you will. But Sarkozy and Cameron were the ones who pushed Libya.
Obama was up to his neck in that mess with the Muslim Brotherhood. He helped force Mubarak out against the near unanimous advise of his national security team not to do it....because HE thought he was going to be on the right side of history....how did that work out ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections