Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 02:50 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,345,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeC View Post
Not nearly as stupid as people voting for Obama because he's black and voting for Hillary because she's a woman.
I hear you. I'm suprised Trump doesn't have more support. But .. let's be fair... he won't win the election. The Orlando massacre killed Trump. So many more people feel safer with Clinton. I don't get it... but Trump can't win. Trump will not get 270 electoral votes... no way
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2016, 02:51 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,286,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
A Muslim Imam said on TV interview that Hillary can't be President. He gives interesting reason.

U.S. imam on Hillary: Females can’t be president
An Imam? Seriously? f/k/a Marine Marcus Dwayne Robertson.

As Van Susteren pointed out, Taubah was just released from prison for his ties to gangs and for robbing a bank.

Old 06-15-2016, 02:52 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,682,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
An Imam? Seriously?

As Van Susteren pointed out, Taubah was just released from prison for his ties to gangs and for robbing a bank.
But she and her producers felt that he was important enough to give valuable air time to on their TV network. This speaks for itself.

Old 06-15-2016, 02:54 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,708,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Aside from his immediate response being rather revolting in its self-indulgence and egocentricity at a time when so many innocent people lost their lives, it was inappropriate and bizarre.

Attacking the president after a terrorist mass murder, based on self-serving partisan values is simply rude, crude and unAmerican. Bush got support from everyone after 9/11, and had any partisan candidate or official implied he was in collaboration with the attackers or responsible for it, he or she would have been totally and absolutely shunned as being anti-US. Remember--"you are either with us or against us"? Trump is against us by going after the POTUS.

First of all ISIS (the real enemy) just loves it. The GOP nominee attacking the POTUS--they could not be happier with that. What ISIS does not want is a country united against them. Then his Muslim ban only further serves their purposes. Is this 'just a suggestion' this time, because it did not sound like it. Second of all, he offended the majority of the country by doing it.

His disrespectful, rash and emotional reactions are really not what one wants to see in a president. It does not project strength--it promotes weakness as all hysterical reactions do. Tweeting out debunked conspiracy theories to back up his attack on the POTUS only serves to make him look foolish.

Hillary is correct in saying that the guy does not have the temperament to be president, but even more than that, he does not have the maturity. Donald Trump is very very immature and this cannot be fixed.
Yet, he is allowed to have the national and international stage to spew his vile thoughts.

Old 06-15-2016, 02:58 PM

759 posts, read 638,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
I hear you. I'm suprised Trump doesn't have more support. But .. let's be fair... he won't win the election. The Orlando massacre killed Trump. So many more people feel safer with Clinton. I don't get it... but Trump can't win. Trump will not get 270 electoral votes... no way
It's really not out of the realm of possibility. It's all about the swing states...

Old 06-15-2016, 03:02 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,345,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeC View Post
It's really not out of the realm of possibility. It's all about the swing states...
Nobody loves Trump more than me. Trust me, he might only win 5 to 10 states. The fact that the terrorists attack crushed him, means he can't win. Most people want globalization, more Syrian refugees, and feel we will be safer with Clinton.

In my opinion it's weird. But it's true. People will not elect trump.

Old 06-15-2016, 04:14 PM

465 posts, read 257,600 times
Quote:
It's not the sample size that is wrong. It's the random phone number calling. You should know this.

All that can be said about this poll is that 51% of the people who answered the phone were against Trump's response. In this case that means 501. LOL

[thread fail]
Math fail.

You guys make this WAY too easy.

Old 06-15-2016, 04:19 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,682,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty Pendergrass View Post
Math fail.
Heart failure
new math
no one
can do it

Old 06-15-2016, 04:21 PM

46,987 posts, read 26,047,970 times
Quote:
With a purely random sample, then the next go around could just as easily produce a result that is exactly the opposite. This is what random means.
I know math is hard, but seriously?

Old 06-15-2016, 04:25 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,777,219 times
Quote:
A Muslim Imam said on TV interview that Hillary can't be President. He gives interesting reason.

U.S. imam on Hillary: Females can’t be president
The mere fact that some imam thinks this is reason enough for me to cast as many votes as possible FOR Clinton!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections