Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2016, 10:46 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,752,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Trade that is fair for all and not the few is what the post is leading to. Europe and Asia tried the Globalization thing and try to bring Old Europe back!

Europe is a victim to its on over bearing Tax, social and Economic practices of the EU.
I love all of the people whining about globalization as if Marco Polo (and others) didn't travel the world waaaay back in the day.
The world has had a global economy for as long as people have ventured beyond their own borders, which means basically forever.

Good luck reigning it all in now.

Old 06-24-2016, 10:47 AM

47,036 posts, read 26,117,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I'm reading this transcript of his press conference: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ations:9759362

He's asked a question about Brexit and he immediately makes it all about him and his poll numbers.

What is wrong with this guy? It's a momentous occasion in the UK and it's NOT about him. They don't care about his poll numbers.
If it wasn't ungentlemanlike, I might be tempted to hint that there is very little room in Trump's head for thoughts that aren't about Trump.

Old 06-24-2016, 10:48 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,196,901 times
In the transcript, they ask him the same question three times (about Scotland leaving the UK and Britain leaving the EU) and he fails to give an answer. A reporter than asks:

"QUESTION: ... momentous — momentous right now, and you are on the world stage. Are you traveling with any of your foreign policy advisers? You knew that this was going to happen today, there was going to be some sort of decision.

Are you huddling with them to find out what the best way..."

They have to ask him a fourth time because he seems so detached from reality. This is a HUGE thing. He's treating it like some small little nothing.

His answer? TRUMP: Well, I've been in touch with them, but there's nothing to talk about.

Trump is totally out of his league. He shouldn't be running for dogcatcher, let alone President.

Old 06-24-2016, 10:55 AM

30,644 posts, read 19,354,541 times
I watched Trump's speech and the q &a afterward...he killed it no matter what the incredibly biased media might say.

I hope American voters vote their conscience and block the media and globalist elites desires and dump Hillary's bought and paid for politics....like the UK did.

Before some stupid imbecil says Scotland voted in...I'm aware, I don't care and they're not voting in the US election.

Old 06-24-2016, 11:02 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,196,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I watched Trump's speech and the q &a afterward...he killed it no matter what the incredibly biased media might say.

I hope American voters vote their conscience and block the media and globalist elites desires and dump Hillary's bought and paid for politics....like the UK did.

Before some stupid imbecil says Scotland voted in...I'm aware, I don't care and they're not voting in the US election.
He killed it, how? By failing to answer the questions asked? Is that how he killed it? By talking all about himself? Is that how he killed it? By showing the worst side of the "self centered American"? Is that how he killed it?

Old 06-24-2016, 11:14 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,534,239 times
Quote:
Killed it how? He was clueless about the repercussions of the decision. It was clear that he was over his head and rather talk about his golf course renovations where he had a better grasp. I watched the press conference live and didn't listen to media whatsoever. People were dumbfounded that he couldn't answer basic questions on the subject and didn't do his homework.

Old 06-24-2016, 11:18 AM

30,644 posts, read 19,354,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
He killed it, how? By failing to answer the questions asked? Is that how he killed it? By talking all about himself? Is that how he killed it? By showing the worst side of the "self centered American"? Is that how he killed it?
He killed it by answering every question in a superb manner with reason, logic, and even humility....HE KILLED IT!

Old 06-24-2016, 11:22 AM

4,713 posts, read 3,485,700 times
Go 'Turnip'!

Last edited by tangelag; 06-24-2016 at 11:32 AM..

Old 06-24-2016, 11:28 AM

4,713 posts, read 3,485,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
He called it and the doors will open for Trump. Establishment not however. Tear!
Called what? He DIDN'T KNOW WHAT BREXIT WAS LITTLE MORE THAN A WEEK AGO! Laughable! Hmm, maybe doors WILL open for him...to TREXIT. LOL

Old 06-24-2016, 11:37 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,534,239 times
Quote:
He killed it by answering every question in a superb manner with reason, logic, and even humility....HE KILLED IT!
He answered it from the perspective of a golf course/hotel owner. He didn't address the repercussions to our country (economic and military).....you know why he didn't address it? Because he doesn't have a ****ing clue what he would be talking about. Reminds me of the nuclear triad question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections