Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 10:07 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,571,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
If you vote for them, you are voting for the Democrat.
It's really that simple.
I figured it's giving a vote to the Republican.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2016, 10:42 PM

12,772 posts, read 8,017,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post
People need to get over this. Its not "giving" a vote to anyone other than the person you are actually and literally giving it to.

The concept that me not voting for Trump or Clinton somehow gives my vote to Trump or Clinton is utter BS. I'm actively deciding NOT to vote for either of those two piles of walking human excrement. My vote goes to Johnson because I believe he is a better person and more considerate/honest politician than the two aforementioned POS candidates. I also ascribe to the belief that because Johnson only needs 5% of the popular vote (popular vote, get it, not electoral college votes or any other measure) to earn the Libertarian Party the eligibility to get matching funds in 2020 makes more of a difference than dumping my vote into the Trump/Clinton cesspool of electoral college status quo BS.

Old 07-02-2016, 10:52 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,308,012 times
these 2 clowns are for open borders madness and globalism......after the CNN Town Hall no true conservative can vote for them.

Weld's record as Mass governor in 90's is of a RINO.....no wonder Romney is in love with him, both are the same.

Old 07-03-2016, 01:48 AM

4,078 posts, read 2,358,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
these 2 clowns are for open borders madness and globalism......after the CNN Town Hall no true conservative can vote for them.

Weld's record as Mass governor in 90's is of a RINO.....no wonder Romney is in love with him, both are the same.
As usual, you have no clue what you are talking about. Johnson has said they can come in to work and that's it, he's not going to give them citizenship. How is allowing people in to the county on work visas but denying them citizenship "open border madness"? or is that only ok when Dishonest Donald does it?

Exclusive: Donald Trump's companies have sought visas to import at least 1,100 workers | Reuters

Old 07-03-2016, 02:14 AM

572 posts, read 281,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post
Actually, it's more like abstaining.

On the other hand, the staggering unpopularity of both candidates means there's a slight glimmer of a chance for an upset... but I wouldn't be willing to bet on it unless things go very very wrong.

Then again, I am so mortally terrified and disgusted by everything that Trump represents that I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't vote for the person most likely to beat him.

Old 07-03-2016, 05:30 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,544,475 times
Quote:

If you're really a true conservative and you're voting for Trump, you had better get to a doctor and have your right side checked out before the elections.

Old 07-03-2016, 09:06 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,643,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
A stoner and a guy who is labeled a drunk/establishment guy who favor open borders/ignore the rule of law that has become so fashionable lately.

Blog: VP hopeful William Weld fails to impress at Libertarian Party Convention

The Libertarian Party Is In Turmoil Over Its Vice Presidential Nominee

RHINO/GOP lite v2.

What could go wrong?
Stevek64 and I don't agree on much but we do agree on the libertarian party. They simply cannot be taken seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
A vote for the lesser of two evils is still a vote for evil.

A vote for Johnson/Weld is a vote to make America sane again.
A vote for lawlessness and unfettered capitolism? They are not big believers in any kind of regulation as I recall? Any party that the Koch brothers identify with cannot be for me.

Quote:

Here's the thing - no true liberal can vote for them either. No minimum wage; no regulations of any kind on big business or WallStreet, no social programs. etc.

Old 07-03-2016, 09:12 AM

20,141 posts, read 16,275,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
No candidate is perfect and you are not going to agree with everything they propose. Even if all that were true and Johnson/Weld, its still a MILLION times better than the lying fraud Dishonest Donald and the lying fraud, criminal Hillary.
Totally agree. Morally, I simply can not vote for either Trump or Clinton.

Quote:
It's really that simple.
Then so be it.

Old 07-03-2016, 10:25 AM

3,251 posts, read 2,571,387 times
I was kidding. I am pro-3rd party. It just cracks me up that both the dems and republicans accuse 3rd party voters for "giving" their votes to the opposing party.

Old 07-03-2016, 10:33 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,637,999 times
Quote:
It's really that simple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
Why do you say that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Not really
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
100% wrong, its really that simple.

Trying to use fear to get people to vote for a miserable "republican" candidate won't get you anywhere. I'm as disgusted with Clinton as I am with Trump.

Please understand. I am 100% correct when I say, that the person who votes
for Gary Johnson IS voting for the Democrat.

1) The most popular votes Johnson could hope for is 5-15%.

2) Johnson has no chance to win states, and will not be President.
This is an undisputable fact that can be said with complete certainty.

3) Democrat voters are 40-55% of the population. This is called a "base".
Ideologically, no Democrat voter would consider voting for a Libertarian.
However, the "small government" type may consider voting for a Libertarian.
Hence, the Libertarian draws from the Republican.

4) Three-way races favor Democrats because Democrat voters are not open
to supporting anyone but a Democrat. For example. In the recent Rhode Island
gubernatorial race, the Democrat won with this 40%, as the "Moderate" leeched
off the Republican. Had the "Moderate" not been in the race, the Republican
would have won easily.

5) In order to win this election, Trump will need to overcome the Democrat
in a handful of swing states. In these swing states, his margin of victory would
be quite small, 4% or less. Trump will lose these states if 10% of Independents
vote for Johnson. He needs every single voter who, if presented only with a
choice between Trump and the Democrat, would choose Trump. Every. Single. One.

For these reasons and others I don't have time to express, understand that
whomever votes for Johnson is voting for 4 years of Hillary Clinton.
That is the truth. Nobody will remember or care that you voted for Gary Johnson,
when Hillary is appointing Supreme Court justices who will strip you of rights,
implementing domestic and foreign policies that are far worse for Libertarian
principles than Donald Trump is. Do not let your hatred of Donald Trump elect
Hillary Clinton for President. This is not a game of "gotcha". Your thought that
you "made a point", or would "feel good" after voting is totally irrelevant and
will not last more than a couple hours, because if enough people vote for
Johnson, Hillary Clinton will be making a victory speech before you can finish
taking a shower that night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections