Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 01:09 PM

413 posts, read 909,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
You wouldnt understand my thoughts on him and from what I have read and reviewed he is not a good ole boy everything thinks he is.
It'd really save a lot of time if you'd just tell us what this ostensible hidden agenda is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2008, 01:13 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,665,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Wouldn't understand? Because your writing is difficult to read? Or, because it is beyond our abilities to understand?

Who thinks he a good ole boy? A black guy from Harvard who lives in Chicago?

What is the color of the sky in your world?

Even if I did explain it many would tear it apart anyway.

The color in my sky is whatever it wants to be.

I dont allow others to paint my sky for me like some do. I dont follow the leader like many do and he is banking on that.

I didnt even know he was black until this election. Now he is a black man with mixed parents.

Ok I get it, it fits the bill so you are now pushing him as a black man because it is right for the time.

Its called ignore if you dont want to read my post.

Old 02-18-2008, 01:18 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,799,596 times
Quote:

I dont allow others to paint my sky for me like some do. I dont follow the leader like many do and he is banking on that.

I didnt even know he was black until this election. Now he is a black man with mixed parents.

Ok I get it, it fits the bill so you are now pushing him as a black man because it is right for the time.

Wow. I hear the sounds of a cuckoo clock going off. Is it noon where you are?

Old 02-18-2008, 01:22 PM

Quote:

If you feel Art's being hostile, which I don't really get, I'll hope that you still consider my method of discussion to be polite enough to warrant an answer. If so, please answer the following question:

What, in your belief, is Barack Obama's hidden agenda, and what justification do you have to support that belief? I'm genuinely curious.

Old 02-18-2008, 01:30 PM

Thanks for the < rep someone.

I wasn't the one who took this off topic. Read before you click!

Old 02-18-2008, 01:32 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,950,819 times
It's amazing that people are criticizing a political candidate for using common words that are in the dictionary, in our daily language and ALWAYS spoken at political rallies. It sounds as if nobody here has ever been to a convention or seen a campaign speech.

I've been to dozens of sales meetings where the sales manager stands up and shouts "We can do it. Yes we can." That was ....uh... 20 years ago! I've been around sooooo many people who talk about change. That isn't anything new. Bill Clinton used Fleetwood Mac's "Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow" as a theme, didn't he?

Obama has repeatedly taken lines from other candidates, even Hillary Clinton. There are only so many energetic, upbeat phrases one can use in a motivational speech. She once said something about moving forward and the press was all over her saying she stole "Movement" from Obama.

Gee, when I was a baby my Mommy used to ask me if I had a movement. Was she plagiarizing? I'm really beginning to believe that a vote for Obama is only a vote against Clinton, since people aren't using their brains. We should have all voted on Feb 5 so the media wouldn't be running this race.

Old 02-18-2008, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
It's amazing that people are criticizing a political candidate for using common words that are in the dictionary, in our daily language and ALWAYS spoken at political rallies. It sounds as if nobody here has ever been to a convention or seen a campaign speech.

I've been to dozens of sales meetings where the sales manager stands up and shouts "We can do it. Yes we can." That was ....uh... 20 years ago! I've been around sooooo many people who talk about change. That isn't anything new. Bill Clinton used Fleetwood Mac's "Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow" as a theme, didn't he?

Obama has repeatedly taken lines from other candidates, even Hillary Clinton. There are only so many energetic, upbeat phrases one can use in a motivational speech. She once said something about moving forward and the press was all over her saying she stole "Movement" from Obama.

Gee, when I was a baby my Mommy used to ask me if I had a movement. Was she plagiarizing? I'm really beginning to believe that a vote for Obama is only a vote against Clinton, since people aren't using their brains. We should have all voted on Feb 5 so the media wouldn't be running this race.

THANK YOU!!

These people think this is something special and Obama is being rallied around it. Shows my exact point, people are weak and vulnerable and need a follower to follow and he has given these weak people hope. too many followers and not enough leaders.

We are the champions comes to mind for me, but Queen didnt get a red carpet treatment for saying 3 little words either and becoming a hero to the weak amoung us.

Too bad people need someone to hold their hand and make them feel all fluffy again.

Old 02-18-2008, 01:42 PM

2,290 posts, read 5,547,766 times
Quote:
Isnt it great that all the libs who think so much of the Clinton machine are now against the same machine and going for even a much worse machine with a hidden agenda?
A HA!!! I've figured it out. Barack Obama has a sister who's last name is Ng. Ng!!! Why, that's a Chinese name. And you know what that means, don't you?

It means Obama is a Chinese spy!!! I knew it!!

Old 02-18-2008, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post
A HA!!! I've figured it out. Barack Obama has a sister who's last name is Ng. Ng!!! Why, that's a Chinese name. And you know what that means, don't you?

It means Obama is a Chinese spy!!! I knew it!!
He has a sister?

and he is a spy, noooo, don't say that.

Someone said he is the second coming of a mix of JFK and MLK but I never knew he was a spy tooooo.

Old 02-18-2008, 02:00 PM

Floridabound, what's his hidden agenda?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections