Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2016, 12:32 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,655,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
Well, at least we know Melania has always liked Michelle Obama.
Right. We know she is beautiful. Adores Michelle Obama. And has been unfairly harassed and maligned but hystetical Clinton supporters for three days all because of the error by a professional writer. �� Oh yes, let's not forget she adores Michelle Obama in case any one missed it. ��

Mission accomplished. She is probably one of the most well known people in the world right now. And oh yes, they probably picked up thousands of votes and losing zero because no one cares one iota about this except some hystetical Clinton supporters and a dumb medi realizes that they have been had.

For someone like me who enjoys observing how politicians operates, and how the easily manipulated media and social media reacts, this has been delicious.

Old 07-20-2016, 12:32 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,065,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Thank you. But I am retired. I just hate to see a quality person who would make a wonderful first lady attacked by classless people. A person who had an ounce of class would never have noticed.
a person with an ounce of class would acknowledge that they had used another persons words in their speech

Old 07-20-2016, 12:34 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,840,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Thank you. But I am retired. I just hate to see a quality person who would make a wonderful first lady attacked by classless people. A person who had an ounce of class would never have noticed.
I actually felt bad for Melania, BUT do you feel the same way about Michelle Obama or when her daughters were attacked that one time?

Unfortunately that is what sucks about politics. Spouses and children feel the burn on both sides. What I find shocking is that Trump is just as nasty, if not one of the nastiest people when it comes to throwing insults at people. Remember how he made fun of Marco Rubio sweating? I love how Trump supporters cry foul, when the one who insults the most, Trump, gets a taste of his own medicine.

Old 07-20-2016, 12:34 PM

497 posts, read 431,285 times
Ignoring the details of the plagiarism issue for a second - who here actually thinks that the Trump Organization has handled this whole flap well?

Old 07-20-2016, 12:35 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,993,453 times
With class, as usual.

Old 07-20-2016, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarTheGrouch View Post
Ignoring the details of the plagiarism issue for a second - who here actually thinks that the Trump Organization has handled this whole flap well?
I think it was perfect. Absolutely perfect. From a political point of view of course.

Old 07-20-2016, 12:36 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,840,788 times
Quote:
I think they did the right thing today, but yesterday no. They handled it okay, but they are going to get more flack now for denying it yesterday. If they would have been upfront since yesterday, they could have saved face, and the media would have backed off. Like I said when you apologize and admit you made a mistake, that normally shuts up people pretty quick.

Old 07-20-2016, 12:37 PM

497 posts, read 431,285 times
Day three of the convention - the top story to come out of the convention is still the plagiarism issue. I am guessing that was not what the campaign had hoped for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
I think it was perfect. Absolutely perfect. From a political point of view of course.

Old 07-20-2016, 12:39 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,909,190 times
Quote:
Then the Same for Obama and Joe Biden? This happens often in politics and to me this is a minor issue.

Old 07-20-2016, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Day three of the convention - the top story to come out of the convention is still the plagiarism issue. I am guessing that was not what the campaign had hoped for.
It is exactly what they wanted. Poor, poor, immigrant, ever helpful and loyal Melania persecuted because of a writer's error. An error forgiven my the ever magnanimous Trumps. A beautiful, perfect, storyline.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections