Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2016, 02:42 PM

20,505 posts, read 12,444,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
This entire scenario really says nothing about Melania other than she was most likely doing what Trump told her to do, though I have no idea why she said she wrote the speech herself, unless Trump told her to say that. She probably didn't even want to give a speech, and it makes me wonder if she is hoping he'll lose so she doesn't have to be First Lady, because I doubt she wants to do that either. Michelle worked her butt off, had no privacy and was criticized by haters every chance they got. Seems like a thankless position.

This scenario does say quite a bit about the Trump campaign and Trump's organizational abilities. They suck. If elected, his admin would be a mess. Don Jr. going around cutting deals, Trump appointing people who are not qualified for their positions, either nobody is in charge or everybody is in charge (accounting for all of the internal back-biting and squabbling). This guy may be good at rallies, but would make a lousy president. He is obviously not in charge here and is too dependent on his children to manage everything for him.
you people voted for a guy with less than 100 actual days on the job as a senator. the least qualified person to ever hold the office of president

PROGS said he would grow into the job. that it was all just growing pains...

NOW all the sudden having some organizational hickups is a disqualifier?

SEROUSLY?

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

at

no

with

Trump has vastly more organizational skills than Bammer will have on the day he dies... hopefully of old age many years from now...

There isn't even a comparison.

you guys are grasping at straws. coming up with all kind of ominous nonsense over a few words in a speech by the wife of a candidate... when all she did was the SAME EXACT THING Bammer, Uncle Joe and LYINGHILLARY have all done and YOU DIDNT CARE

Old 07-20-2016, 02:43 PM

We do this because the Progs cannot discuss policy.

They loose all policy debates. All they have is crazy irrational attacks on women.

That's what they do.

Old 07-20-2016, 02:47 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,686,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Everybody attacks her and then you are saying she doesn't matter?? I learned a lot about people when I worked with the public more than 20 years. I saw a person with character giving a speech she would rather not have had to do but she hit it out of the ball park. It wasn't all about her and I don't think anybody but the news mentioned her dress. It took three tries for Trump to get it right but my opinion is that he has a winner as a wife.

That she knows about communism was not part of my evaluation of her character. That she has character will help convey the message about communism if she so choses.

Those vanity projects have made many positive changes in America.
So, how do you know she has character?

Vanity projects?

Old 07-20-2016, 02:48 PM

4,710 posts, read 3,494,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
You're still peddling the "They totally meant to do that!" theory? It's interesting speculation, but doesn't really seem to be supported by facts.
Don't you get it yet?! Clearly the use of "Totally meant to do that!" to explain why Melasia plagiarized First Lady, Michelle Obama's speech is according to the rules! See Rule # 2 below:

1. Whatever a dem says about a repub, say it back, substituting 'dem'.
2. Whenever a repug makes a STUPID (or any ) mistake (really), say: "We did that on purpose."
3. Whenever it is revealed that a repug has: lied, cheated, stolen, murdered, fornicated, etc., ad nauseum, say: "The dems: a. Do it, too. b. Did it first. c. Are jealous because they got caught." or "Bill Clinton" or "You lie!". (Note: It is left to your discretion as to which of the preceding you use, or you may use them all if time or space permit.)

4. When any of the above don't work, say:

a. "Obama" b. "Hilary" c. "Bill Clinton" d. 'Moo' chelle. e. Soros. f. Alinsky g. BLM h. hacker i. ISIS. j. Email server k. Benghazi and, finally, l. My Little Pony.

(Note: any of the previous responses should be rotated frequently; however, " Obama" and "Hilary" should constitute no less than 85% of your responses to any given topic AND should always be used FIRST whenever possible.

Warning! Special Dispensation!

If you are:

a. Ben Carson or b. Ted Cruz, you may say: "Satan".

It's all right there in the playbook. There's more, but alas, neither the time nor the space permit...

Old 07-20-2016, 02:49 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,345,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

They loose all policy debates. All they have is crazy irrational attacks on women.

That's what they do.
When conservatives are losing a discussion, they try to change the topic like you are doing which in this thread is plagiarism and taking responsibility for your mistakes when you do it.

Edit to add: Tangalog, I owe you a rep point for the post above mine. You nailed it.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 07-20-2016 at 03:17 PM..

Old 07-20-2016, 02:51 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,519,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i've seen reports that melania worked on this speech "for weeks" so .... i'll be curious to see if the campaign switches position and blames the speech writer ( ..... or just ignore and deflect when called on it ).

Melania Trump Basically Copies a 2008 Michelle Obama Speech at the RNC | E! News
well, it looks like my OP question has been answered. it started off option B, then switched to option A.

Old 07-20-2016, 02:51 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,987,507 times
Ferd,

there is nothing to respond to in your outburst. You are off-topic, and your outrage is misplaced. Democrats, leftists are NOT your enemy.

Old 07-20-2016, 02:53 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,987,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

That's what they do.
When you actually are ready to debate policy, let us know.

Old 07-20-2016, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
When conservatives are loosing a discussion, they try to change the topic like you are doing which in this thread is plagiarism and taking responsibility for your mistakes when you do it.

Edit to add: Tangalog, I owe you a rep point for the post above mine. You nailed it.

there is no discussion here. liberals have proven to do exactly what they have accused Melania of doing and never took any kind of flack for it. none. end of story.

fact is we conservatives are forced to engage in this drivel because its the only thing you liberals talk about. This is utter nonsense.

Old 07-20-2016, 03:02 PM

4,710 posts, read 3,494,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Who remembers what a first lady said 8 years ago?? Michelle is not Margaret Thatcher.
Well, clearly Melania does now, if she didn't before, along with QUITE a number (at least millions I would guess) of others in the world.

Michelle Obama meets Margaret Thatcher in fashion faceoff... on the series premiere of America's Next Top Model | Daily Mail Online

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections