Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2016, 07:47 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,964,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
OK, let's take time out for a short class, "wikihow" makes things very easy to understand, speeches for formats:

How to Write a Speech (with Sample Speeches) - wikiHow

This is very similar to writing a resume and their being certain "formats" that are used. Geesh!
Spin, baby, spin!

Formats do not equal plagiarism.

Old 07-19-2016, 07:48 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,760,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Trump claims he surrounds himself with the best people and the fact that he can't get a quality speech writer for his wife should mean something to all of us. How did he and his campaign allow this to happen? It IS a big deal.
Agreed.

This is just another example of the contempt that Trump has for the process, the office and for his supporters.

Old 07-19-2016, 07:49 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,290,876 times
Well, either way, she sure is WAY better to look at!

(Yes, I am that superficial).

Old 07-19-2016, 07:49 AM

42,880 posts, read 26,460,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Yeah, the part about her parents teaching her values of hard work. The same words spoken to me on many occasions. I really doubt they would intentionally plagiarize a Michelle Obama speech knowing this is what the media would do. The content is boilerplate language that probably pops up in many speeches. I bet if you reviewed a hundred graduation speeches, you would find quite a few with this language.
No dear, most kids are smarter than the Trump campaign and run their papers though a plagiarism check website before making themselves look like fools.

But I don't blame Milania for this, I don't think she wrote any of the speech, I think someone in the Trump campaign wrote this and my guess is that whoever did it is trying to sabotage his campaign, he would do well to get a food taster after this.

Old 07-19-2016, 07:50 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,900,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
OK, let's take time out for a short class, "wikihow" makes things very easy to understand, speech formats:

How to Write a Speech (with Sample Speeches) - wikiHow

This is very similar to writing a resume and there being certain "formats" that are used. Geesh!
If you run her speech through a plagiarism detection app it comes back as plagiarized.

Spin that.

Old 07-19-2016, 07:50 AM

9,329 posts, read 16,708,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
When I saw the "Breaking News" banner on MSNBC, along with the puke-pusses of Lyin' Brian (oh, the irony) and Rachel Madcow, I thought someone died.

In any event, all one has to do is run the offending passages by "Crazy Joe" Biden--he should know. Plagiarism hasn't hurt his political career.

*Sigh* Great day, kill me now.
Agree! I am so sick and tired of the media sensationalizing every ridiculous sentence anyone speaks rather than REALLY stick to issues. There is no such thing as journalism anymore, the media is running and ruining this country along with the dynasties that pay them.

Her "plagiarism" were common words. Let's have some REAL intellect in the media besides the circus it now is running.

Old 07-19-2016, 07:53 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,964,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Agree! I am so sick and tired of the media sensationalizing every ridiculous sentence anyone speaks rather than REALLY stick to issues. There is no such thing as journalism anymore, the media is running and ruining this country along with the dynasties that pay them.

Her "plagiarism" were common words. Let's have some REAL intellect in the media besides the circus it now is running.
Her plagiarism was plagiarism.

Period.

Whether it's a REAL issue or not is a matter of opinion.

Old 07-19-2016, 07:55 AM

465 posts, read 258,148 times
Quote:

"Common words."

Right. Common words...verbatim, in the same order and with almost the same speech inflections for at least 30 seconds?! Even if I had the exact same thought process as another person, we still would not be able to formulate 30 seconds of the same speech independently of one another.

Trump and Maleficent must have some kind of dark magic if you all really believe that.

Old 07-19-2016, 07:57 AM

465 posts, read 258,148 times
Quote:

"Common words."

https://twitter.com/_sirhampton_/sta...67652612861952

Right. Common words...verbatim, in the same order and with almost the same speech inflections for at least 30 seconds?! Even if I had the exact same thought process as another person, we still would not be able to formulate 30 seconds of the same speech independently of one another.

Trump and Maleficent must have some kind of dark magic if you all really believe that.

Old 07-19-2016, 07:57 AM

42,880 posts, read 26,460,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Couple theories....

#1) Sheer incompetence. There's no way that someone in the campaign didn't realize this was lifted from Michelle O's speech. There's just no way, even if it was just a young inexperienced speechwriter.

#2) Sabotage by a rogue staffer.

#3) Intentional sabotage by Trump himself. This, along with his infinite amount of other scandals and gaffs, fits right in with my theory that I've had all along that Trump's whole presidential campaign from the start was nothing more than a publicity stunt that went awry and accidentally succeeded, and he is now doing everything possible to make sure he loses in Nov.

#4) An intentional albeit misguided attempt to dominate the news cycle tomorrow, believing that no publicity is bad publicity.

Any one of these I believe are EQUALLY plausible. Personally, my money's on #3.
yep, I'm thinking maybe it's #2 and Trump should hire a food taster ASAP
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections