Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2016, 08:33 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,788,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Get real.

What OBVIOUSLY happened, is that in their research for what kind of speech she should give, they looked at past speeches of the candidate's wife from prior conventions. And OBVIOUSLY some of what they liked found it's way into the speech in a little too unvarnished a manner.

If it was a random speech by anyone, it would still be a stretch to claim that with this level of similarity. The fact that it is a prior speech from someone exactly in Melania's position makes this absolutely untenable.
I am a professional speechwriter, and I can assure you that this is exactly what happened. It was not nefarious but it was stupid and amateur. It shocks me how disorganized this entire campaign is. Complete lack of priorities.

Re: the MLK speech. Read those side by side again. The first parts of both quote the same song (quotes used). The remainder is using the same well-known rhetorical device. There are no matching strings of words.

If you want to know if plagiarism is present, there are scientific methods, e.g. grammerly and writecheck.com.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:33 AM

25,652 posts, read 17,402,104 times
The Looney Left is on full display on these pages. They demonstrate that they will believe anything.

Strange. They believe in nothing and yet will believe anything negative.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:35 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,713,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I don't think Melania likes Pence either and reports are she won't go to Pence's speech. So what happens if the Trump campaign dumps Manafort and Pence?
And, then, trump dumps melania, too.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:37 AM

2,491 posts, read 2,687,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
And the Grammy for Best New Artist goes to Melania Trump. Girl, you know its true.

This has to be the first time that a Presidential campaign decided to outsource speech writing duties to the opposing party.

At least the Trump Scampaign did not outsource the speech writing to China!

Old 07-19-2016, 08:37 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,947,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I don't think you get to declare what motivates other people. They know what motivates them, you don't.
What I do know is who is defending Mrs Trump on this thread. And the defense is partisan.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:38 AM

29,532 posts, read 22,780,153 times
Funny, Trump seemed to have an issue with Biden plagiarizing speeches:

Quote:
Trump himself used Joe Biden’s plagiarism scandal to question Obama's running mate in 2008, telling Wolf Blitzer, “You know, he's also been involved in pretty big controversy like plagiarism in college and various other things. That's a pretty big statement. So perhaps you change over a period of time. But when you plagiarize, that's a very bad statement.”
Melania Trump Plagiarized Michelle Obama, a Woman Republicans Said Hated America - The Daily Beast

Again, this shows how pathetic of a nation we've become. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:41 AM

16,375 posts, read 22,538,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Apparently Trump is mad.
Can you imagine how upset Trump is right now? I bet his handlers had to take away his computer and his phone because they are afraid he will put his foot in his mouth. He's got to be unhinged right now - all red faced and yelling.

Old 07-19-2016, 08:43 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,592,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
The Looney Left is on full display on these pages. They demonstrate that they will believe anything.

Strange. They believe in nothing and yet will believe anything negative.
It's fact & yes, full on loony by Trump, his wife & his campaign that sucks at their job.

5,559 posts, read 4,643,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Can you imagine how upset Trump is right now? I bet his handlers had to take away his computer and his phone because they are afraid he will put his foot in his mouth. He's got to be unhinged right now - all red faced and yelling.
I bet he's laughing as the Democratic Apparatchiks think that attacking his wife is a winning maneuver. They knew exactly what they were doing.

When was the last time that attacking a candidate's wife win any votes? I knew Clinton was corrupt. Now I know she is plain stupid to boot.

2,491 posts, read 2,687,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Since Melania has claimed that she did indeed "write it"... perhaps, she is a closet democrat, and when she gets to the privacy of the voting booth, will vote for hillary.

My guess is she realizes how dumb Don is and she is trying to save us from Don.
She will go down in history as a beautiful hero who saved civilization as we know it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections