Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2016, 03:04 PM

20,503 posts, read 12,452,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
"You people". "Your side".

I'm a registered Independent. I've voted for Republicans and Democrats.

Here is the deal. I get to complain whenever I feel like it. About whatever I wish to complain.

And if I complain about plagiarism, it's because I do care about that.

But more than that, what I posted about on this thread wasn't about Mrs Trump and the fact that her speech plagiarized an earlier speech by First Lady Obama. I pointed out that the Trump campaign managed the issue in a very poor fashion. Which is very true. And I questioned how a Trump Presidency would manage issues. Which is a very valid question.

I can claim that I have morality, and the fact that YOU are so partisan and arrogant that you would argue that everyone belonging to a political party is not entitled to argue about morality is beyond partisanship. It's insane. As if any political party is an arbiter of morality.

sorry...the above went over like a lead balloon.

and yea

"you people"
"your side"

I went there on purpose.

You don't care about plagiarism. you only care about plagiarism when the side you aint on does it. period.

Trump managed the issue poorly?

heck you excused the President when he utterly botched dealing with a situation where a black Harvard professor got sideways with the law... Bammer had to have a beer summit.

Progs everywhere dismissed it. The President went on to repeat the botching of issues like that ad infinitum sending multiple representatives to a thugs funeral while ignoring the funeral of a FLAG OFFICER.... I could go on and on and on.... stuff like botching the relationship with Great Brittan, defending black lives matter and telling cops to admit to racisim AT A FREAKING MEMORAL FOR DEAD COPS

but hey all the sudden NOW we have to worry about Trump because he "mishandled" the cribbing of 3 phrases.....

you people have no gall.

Old 07-20-2016, 03:05 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,259,282 times
So Trump trolls the media again?

Old 07-20-2016, 03:06 PM

20,503 posts, read 12,452,904 times
Quote:
When you actually are ready to debate policy, let us know.
been here for years, looking to do that very thing.

mostly its this junk.

come to think of it, you and I have debated abortion rather rationally. no consensus but solid discussion without anyone getting all mad....

so I suppose we have so maybe we can in the future...

Old 07-20-2016, 03:06 PM

42,732 posts, read 30,007,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
there is no discussion here. liberals have proven to do exactly what they have accused Melania of doing and never took any kind of flack for it. none. end of story.

fact is we conservatives are forced to engage in this drivel because its the only thing you liberals talk about. This is utter nonsense.
You are not forced to engage "in this drivel" at all. There are many threads discussing policy.

And Biden was forced to withdraw his candidacy when the allegations of plagiarism came out. That is generally construed as "flack".

Old 07-20-2016, 03:12 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,489,955 times
Quote:
All they have is crazy irrational attacks on women.
Next thing you know they'll be comparing her to Lucifer or some crazy thing.

42,732 posts, read 30,007,084 times
Quote:
s
heck you excused the President when he utterly botched dealing with a situation where a black Harvard professor got sideways with the law... Bammer had to have a beer summit.

I didn't excuse the President. I posted on this forum that President Obama should not have taken a position until all the facts had come out, and I posted that it was Unpresidential for the President to speak out the way he did.

You lump Democrats, leftists, liberals all together as if they march in lockstep, when in fact they do not, and never have.

And I'm not condemning you for that, because I've fallen into the same trap myself, it's very tempting to slip into the "you people", "your side" rhetoric. I live in one of the reddest pockets of America, though, and so daily I am apprised that conservatives don't all think alike, but that each person has arrived at his convictions through his very personal process. That each of us is a product of our life history, that each of us has our own priorities and agendas.

12,372 posts, read 9,351,011 times
Quote:
there is no discussion here. liberals have proven to do exactly what they have accused Melania of doing and never took any kind of flack for it. none. end of story.

fact is we conservatives are forced to engage in this drivel because its the only thing you liberals talk about. This is utter nonsense.
You need to correct your post. Melania and the Trump camp have admitted to the plagiarism and gave a believable statement explaining how it happened. We have a three day story here when it should have and could have been a half day story if the Trump camp had handled it right and issued that statement right after the plagiarism was pointed out. Instead, their surrogates were told to deny, deny, deny, blame it on Hillary, the media and little pony.

Old 07-20-2016, 03:13 PM

4,710 posts, read 3,499,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
A guy on local radio said that Michelle Obama lifted parts of her speech from Liddy Dole's speech. I'm driving and can't look it up but, WHO CARES? Everyone on earth probably could pull parts of every speech ever given and not only relate but, they could phrase it in almost the exact same way.

Much Ado About Nothing

SMDH
Authentication professionals would disagree (and have done so). That said, this is now (hopefully for all posterity) called "The My Little Pony Defense", coming soon to a law school near you.

Last edited by tangelag; 07-20-2016 at 03:36 PM.. Reason: Grammar check

6,993 posts, read 6,360,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
I'm just trying to get the whole thing straight. This whole hystetical raucous all began because Melania adores Michelle Obama. And because of this she had been mercilessly pounded for the days all the while her photo is constantly being shown next to Michelle Obama.

Well not everyone in the media is so gullible:

Melania Trump's speech was plagiarized on purpose

My wife and I are having a non-stop laugh over this - and the fools who fell for it.
The only thing worse than a blogger stating his/her opinion as fact is a message board poster using that blog post as fact. Talk about being gullible....

13,163 posts, read 1,760,861 times
Quote:
You are not forced to engage "in this drivel" at all. There are many threads discussing policy.

And Biden was forced to withdraw his candidacy when the allegations of plagiarism came out. That is generally construed as "flack".
"allegations" forced him to withdraw? I thought he had more mettle than that, especially if it's truly just "allegations".

Hmmm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections