Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 02:21 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,864,594 times

Advertisements

So I was looking at the coverage the media was doing for the RNC and it seems to focus on TWO things on every website...

1) Melania's speech and how it is very similar to Michelle Obama's speech...

2) How the Never Trump movement lost out...

Other than that there isn't much coverage about the SUBSTANCE of the convention...

I wonder how the leftist liberal media will portray the DNC...

Will it try to fool the BLM movement into thinking they aren't voting for a white woman?

Will it try to cover the SUBSTANCE of the convention?

If it does, isn't it ironic that they cover the substance of one convention and not of the other? Rather it tries to put a negative spin on one convention while trying to fool the African Americans into voting for a white woman in the other convention?

Old 07-19-2016, 02:25 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times
I just want to know when the Liberal Press sends 50 people to paw through the trash at Trump Tower.

Old 07-19-2016, 03:13 PM

1,268 posts, read 798,932 times
Is there any substance? I mean we heard from Charles in Charge, the Duck Dynasty guy, and a screeching Rudi Gulliani. A distraught mother blamed Hillary for Bengahzi even though she's been cleared like three or four times (honestly, I lost count). Melania gave a speech Michelle Obama delivered better eight years earlier, and the lady from Idaho talked to an empty room.

It was basically Hillary bashing, plagiarism, and has been actors. The saddest one was the mother. She was upset, but her anger is misplaced. If anything, it's a Republican Congress that refused to fund adequate security. What do you consider substance in that debacle? Charles in Charge? Duck Dynasty? Melania's plagiarized speech? Seriously, I'm curious.

Old 07-19-2016, 06:21 PM

6,161 posts, read 7,229,334 times
One thing is for sure. The DNC convention floor won't look lily white like the RNC convention floor. The republican party is slowly dying. The demographics of this country is changing and within 20 years, minorities will make up the majority of the U.S. population.

Old 07-19-2016, 06:44 PM

14,683 posts, read 14,659,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
One thing is for sure. The DNC convention floor won't look lily white like the RNC convention floor. The republican party is slowly dying. The demographics of this country is changing and within 20 years, minorities will make up the majority of the U.S. population.
Well that's been an issue for awhile. I believe the biggest difference will be many more high-profile members at the convention in Philadelphia than this week's convention.

Old 07-19-2016, 09:23 PM

27,657 posts, read 16,147,064 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post

I wonder how the leftist liberal media will portray the DNC...

QUOTE]
Sarcasm? I think everyone knows that answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
The issues will remain and "lilly white" aint going anywhere. The doors are open to all.

Last edited by saltine; 07-19-2016 at 09:41 PM..

Old 07-19-2016, 10:55 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,888,780 times
Default why Trump?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
Ditto and Ditto
Clintons are the Establishment and think they are above the law.......

Old 07-19-2016, 11:15 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,888,780 times
Default Her You go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Still waiting to hear why anyone should vote for Trump. It's like listening to right-wing talk radio--pretty much what you would expect from a Trump production. And also disorganized. Then there is speechgate. Cannot blame this on the MSM or Dems. Even conservatives are critical of this one.

Maybe they can scare people into voting for them. They just scare me period.

Melania Trump's Speech Shows Problems With Donald Trump Campaign - The Atlantic
It simply amazes me that a self respecting Democrats or Progressives can support Clinton with her failures and scandals for 30 years.
Obama and Clinton has not delivered economy that makes people rest for a moment. Fact is the Progressives have more families on food stamps. Progressives have divided and use the race card when all else has failed.

Progressive have indirectly incited race issue before all of the facts were / are in for review. They can take partial responsibility for fallen Officers.

Speechgate, one need not look any further than President Obama and Joe Biden . They frequently borrow other peoples speeches. I do agree, that Malania's speech should of been screened better. But her delivery was far more compassionate the Mrs. Obama's version.

The Clinton Machine is fearful and the Trump Movement is on the way as Conventions define policy and a positive track forward.

It should be interesting what the DNC will deliver next week and will be a good source for debate! More over I look forward to the first Debate. Surely we how Clinton handles the issues (and her merky past) and turns into that Angry White Women!

Old 07-19-2016, 11:36 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,800,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
He's not Hillary Clinton. Millions of people agree that simple fact is enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Clintons are the Establishment and think they are above the law.......
Both of these comments are reasons for me to vote for someone other than Hillary. I can't bring myself to vote for her.

Old 07-19-2016, 11:58 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb62574 View Post
Is there any substance? I mean we heard from Charles in Charge, the Duck Dynasty guy, and a screeching Rudi Gulliani. A distraught mother blamed Hillary for Bengahzi even though she's been cleared like three or four times (honestly, I lost count). Melania gave a speech Michelle Obama delivered better eight years earlier, and the lady from Idaho talked to an empty room.

It was basically Hillary bashing, plagiarism, and has been actors. The saddest one was the mother. She was upset, but her anger is misplaced. If anything, it's a Republican Congress that refused to fund adequate security. What do you consider substance in that debacle? Charles in Charge? Duck Dynasty? Melania's plagiarized speech? Seriously, I'm curious.
Exactly.

Don't complain about the media not covering the substance when you've opted for a substance-free candidate and a substance-free convention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections